A Brief Encounter

School Life

 

It was nearing the end of the week, and Ruki had been so excited for Friday, that he had almost forgotten about Aoi. However, it seemed the dark haired male couldn't let the short boy forget about him forever. Walking out of the school Thursday afternoon, exhausted and eager to get home, Ruki gasped when he was pulled off of the path, and shoved against the building. The wind was knocked out of him, and it took a moment before it registered in his mind what had just happened. He looked around to see a group of guys around him, looking at him sinisterly. Ruki looked at each of them, immediately feeling like he was in danger.

He tried to get passed them, only to get pushed back by a red haired boy. Another boy with dark blue hair, almost looking black, held Ruki down as the red haired boy punched him hard, hitting his chin. Ruki fought against the boy holding him down, but couldn't manage to break free. After receiving another hit from the other side, he felt blood build in his mouth, some dripping from his lip. Spitting the blood in his mouth out, he looked up at the red haired boy. Seeing the other stare at him in disgust, he frowned and fought to break free from the hold, to try and regain some of his honour, to fight back. He seen the red haired boy lift his fist up, and Ruki shut his eyes tightly, preparing himself for yet another hit.

"That's enough," a deep voice spoke up above the group, stopping the boy. Ruki opened his eyes, surprised by the interruption. He couldn't seen the owner of the voice, being on the ground, the two boys blocking his view. Though they soon moved back, revealing the owner of deep, sensual voice, and Ruki's eyes opened wide. No way…

~!~

Ruki could hear someone's voice calling him. It was so blurry; he could barely understand what the person was saying. Who was it? He opened his eyes cautiously, he vision blurred. He could vaguely make out a mess of blonde hair leaning over him, calling his name. He groaned as he felt his head start to pound harshly. Was he safe? Where did they go? Where they still here? Where was Aoi? Ruki sat up quickly, looking around, immediately feeling the dizziness overtake him, and falling over onto the person sitting beside him. He felt himself quickly falling back into an unconscious state, two arms wrapping around him, picking him up before he fell back unconscious.

Ruki stared up at Aoi. The red haired male had stopped hitting him now, and he wiped away the blood that was running down his chin. Quickly standing up, he felt a bit dizzy, but focused on protecting himself from whatever attack the dark haired male might make on him. Instead, he was surprised when the other sent the two away, leaving only himself and Ruki. Ruki trembled, and stared at the other, his fists clenched.

"Are you afraid of me?" Aoi spoke deeply. Ruki stared at him, confusion written all over his face. What sort of question was that? Should he take that as a threat? Aoi must have realized that Ruki wasn't going to answer, and frowned, moving closer. "I said are you afraid?"

"N-no…," Ruki asked, trembling as he felt the other's breath on his face, the closeness frightening him slightly. What did he want? Looking up, their eyes met, and Ruki swore he saw something in them, something different then the cold look he always saw on the other. Ruki almost dared to say it was caring…almost. Instead, Ruki pushed Aoi away. "What do you want?"

It was then that Aoi hit Ruki. Not like the red haired boy had done, to intentionally hurt Ruki, but it was enough to knock him out. Ruki fell to the ground. Aoi sighed, and kneeled beside the other, kissing Ruki's forehead.

"I'm sorry."

Ruki woke up in a soft bed, the covers wrapped around him comfortably. He opened his eyes slowly, and looked around. This was not his room. Looking down at the blankets that were covering him, he sighed. These were not his blankets, nor his sheets. Sitting up, he looked down at the long white shirt he was wearing. That was not his shirt either. What the hell had he gotten himself into?

Ruki got up, only to sit back down as the pain overtook him. He groaned in pain as he sat on the edge of the bed, holding his head. Suddenly, someone ran into the room. Ruki looked up, immediately moving back on instinct. Reita looked at him in surprise.

"You're awake," the blonde spoke, "great!" Ruki stared at him, before sighing happily at realizing that it was just Reita. Ruki looked around, down to his bare legs showing from under the white shirt, then back up to Reita.

"You brought me here?" he said quietly, looking up at him drowsily. Reita nodded and went over to the other, holding out Ruki's now clean clothes.

"Aoi and his gang beat you up pretty bad. Kai and I saw you lying outside the school yard. Thank god you didn't lose too much blood. You'll be ok now though," Reita said with a smile. Ruki looked away, almost embarrassed at what had happened. Did the other think he was incapable of taking care of himself now? He sighed.

"I should get back home," he said quietly, standing up, his clothes in his hand. Reita looked at him for a bit. Looking over his shoulder, Ruki glanced at the blonde. "What?" It seemed like ages before the other replied.

"Ruki, I'm sorry that I wasn't there when it happened. I would've stopped him from hurting you," Reita said slowly, quite upset at himself over what he thought he had let happen. Ruki just grew even more furious at himself. Of course! Reita thought he was a wimp who couldn't handle his own fights now! Just because he was shorter than the other, he just bet! Of course, Ruki knew that he would never win in a physical fight. He didn't have the muscles. Reita on the other hand… Ruki looked over the other's arms and abdomen. He was quite muscular, though it seemed to suit him. Unlike most guys who work out too much, making themselves look like some body builder, Reita seemed to pull it off completely nonchalantly. Wait, what? Ruki shook his head, trying to snap himself out of whatever faze he was in.

"Look Reita, thank you, but I really should get home now. My dad will start to wonder where I am if I don't," Ruki said, before rushing out of the room, changing in the bathroom, and leaving before Reita could find him and say something else to make Ruki think strange things.

~!~

Reita was quite confused at the other's sudden words and actions. What had he done to make the other so nervous? He had seen the other checking him out, and although it should have, it didn't really bother Reita. He knew what he was, though the rest of the school did not. He just wasn't sure if Ruki was really that type of person. If he was, the Reita was quite lucky, but if he wasn't… It seemed Reita had gotten himself into quite a mess, and the other didn't even know it yet. There was only the problem of Aoi. He knew that there was something strange going on with the raven haired boy and Ruki, yet his short friend didn't seem to really notice it all that much. Either that or it didn't bother him…. Either that or…Reita shook his head. He didn't want to think about that right now. All he needed to think about was how to get him and Ruki closer…