First Call

Against All Odds

Here we go again..

Running, killing and trying to stay alive..

Thankfully, the river was the safest place to be. Not much Eaters to kill and we dont have to use our ammos.

 

"Why? What happened?" Pfc Choiza asked when I suddenly halted and exclaimed. "Aisssh Stupid.. How can I not think of that before."

"Ohh ahh.. Sergeant Kim.." I called out and Sergeant looked at me.  "I was just wondering, if the electricity is still working back at the town, do you think.."

Sergeant pointed his hand at me and nodded, acknowledging what I was trying to say.. "Who's got a phone here?" He asked out but no one answered.

"Sir, we left it on the camp as instructed."

"So are ours." Pfc Jimenez answered referring to our troop. 

When we were sent to Seongnam, we were ordered to leave all our mobile phones as it was just a source of distraction, one that we cant have at the moment. It was an order so we all obeyed. In the battle field, we only need our guns as our bestfriend and nothing else, thats what were taught of. 

"Come on, no one thought of sneaking a phone for emergency?" Everyone shook our heads. 

"How about you sir?" Pfc Choiza dared to ask and as expected Sergeant Kim glared at him.

"Okay new mission people.. All of us has family to check on right? Now look for a phone on every Eater you'll kill.. Lets hope that one of them might have a phone in their pockets." 

"Sir, yes sir." We all acknowledge then we moved again.

"We shouldve done that back at the town." I heard Pfc Jimenez said, then Pfc Jo replied "Too bad, we just remembered it now.."

 

 

We've come across a few Eaters and unfortunately none of them have a phone.A couple more and still no phone found..

 

There got to be one Eater who's got a phone..

There's got to be.. 

 

With all the panic Ive experienced earlier.. Phones was the least in my mind.. Stupid me, why didnt I thought of that as soon as I found the situation in Soengnam, I couldve called Krystal as soon or I mightve warned them.. Either way, I'd know Krystal's situation but my stupid brain just remembered what's the use of phones and it just happened that all of us surrendered ours back at HQ.. 

Just great..

And these Eaters just so happened to be not carrying a phone with them when they were bitten..

Ohh great..

 

A couple more Eaters noticed us, we killed them and searched for phones and just our luck one of them had one and it rang at the same time we all searched their bodies for it.

 

 

 

"Hello? Who's this?" Pvt Smith asked as he answered the call and put it on speaker. "Sorry, the person youre calling is now dead."

"Please help us.. Help us.. Help us.............." The last thing we heard were screams then the line went off.

I swallowed my saliva as i knew what already happened to the girl on the other line.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So who wants to make the first call?"