Calm before the Storm

Against All Odds

Krystal always stays in the viewing room right after she woke up and till the guards there tell her its time for her to go. Kibum was always there with her, telling stories about what Amber is like in the field and somehow her stay in the viewing room isnt as hard as the previous days anymore. She's not crying anymore and now she can smile a bit even when she's looking at her zombie. Amber is still hers even now that she's turned. She's still her Amber.

"She's a strong woman. Amber never liked it whenever someone's looking down on her just because she's a girl. She always prove half of the men wrong whenever she does something better than most of the guys. And Im sure she's going to prove us wrong again this time."  Kibum said tapping the window, as if he was tapping Amber's head through it. "So hurry up and come back to your girlfriend Amber."

Krystal only smiled, it didnt reached her eyes but Kibum new its genuine and she isnt that sad anymore. "Why dont you go and have lunch with your sister? I'll stay here to keep an eye on your girlfriend. How does that sounds?"

"Hmmm not bad, I'll just come back after." Krystal smiled again and turned to looked at her girlfriend. "Baby, I'll see you later okay?" She said, caressing the window as if she could feel her girlfriend's face through it.

She smiled at the officer again before leaving the room. Kibum heaved a sigh and called the medical team to bring Amber her food so they can monitor her feed. "Its clear now. You can bring it in." The medical team came in with a live chicken tied in a long pole and when Amber started eating, Kibum looked away. He isnt disgusted or anything. He just cant look at his favorite subordinate being treated like an animal.

 

 

 


 

 

"Baby, you need to eat cucumbers." Taeyeon was trying to feed her sister some pieces of cucumbers from her salad when she came inside the cafeteria. "Tae, you know damn well how I hate that. Please get it away from me."  Jessica said, pushing Taeyeon's hand away from her. " Im not going to kiss you anymore if you eat that thing."  Jessica even warned.

"As if you can really keep yourself from kissing me."

"Dare me."

"Oooooh."  Dara, Sam, Eric, Yuri and Tiffany cooed in chorus as they watch the couples being cute. Yuri and Tiffany was feeding each other while the trio was eating on their own.

"Hey guys."  Krystal greeted, a wide smile on her face. She was happy to see her friends all happy, specially now that theyre safe and in the confines of the military base.

"Hey Krys. Come on, I already have your food here."  Jessica said, pushing Taeyeon's hands away from her face and patted the empty seat next to her.

"So how's soldierBer doing?" Yuri asked. It was what Yuri referred to her girlfriend right after the incident and Krystal knew it was Yuri's way of showing her concern, although Krystal doesnt really understand Yuri sometimes or most of the time.

"She's fine. She's doing great actually." Was what Krystal would always answer, the smile on her face didnt faded. Yuri only nodded and they all started eating again.

"Did you guys know Amber hid all her buddy's underwear before?" Krystal started. This is how their lunch would go, her telling the group stories which Taeyeon's brother or Pfc Choiza would tell her whenever she's in the viewing room. "Yeah, Sir Kibum told me earlier. Just because her buddy before didnt woke her up when its call time."

Everyone burst into a fit of laughter. "Sounds really like Amber. I remembered her hiding my shoes when I refused to lend her my jacket before when we where young." Eric said dreamily as he reminisced that part of his youth.

"I wonder what she got for the punishment though." Sam butted in.

"Well, she was thrown into a pool of poop."  Krystal answered and laughed at the reaction of her friends. They look all disgusted and even pretended they were going to throw up.

"Geez Krystal. We're eating." Jessica said, slapping her shoulder.

"I think I lost my appetite." Dara said pushing her plate away which Sam took. "I'll have that, thank you very much."

"Woah, you two been eating each other's left over for days now, dont tell me.." Yuri took noticed and all eyes went wide as they realized it.

"Oh my god, you two are dating now?" Dara and Sam didnt say anything and kept quiet. Sam even choked on his food when Eric had smacked his back so hard. "Ohh my god, youre not gay Sam.. Im so proud of you." And then everyone laughed at again. They were having fun when suddenly the sound of an alarm echoed inside the vicinity with red lights flashing in every corner of the walls and every army personnel inside the cafeteria stood up and hurriedly ran outside.

"What's going on?" Eric asked one soldier whom he pulled his arm to get his attention.

"Code red means there's an emergency." Everyone stared at each other..

"Amber.." Krystal muttered and she ran off as well, the whole group trailing behind her.