Thankful

Against All Odds

Krystal glanced to her right, her heart breaking even more of the sight of her girlfriend's hands all tied up with a steel chain and was gagged with a cloth and a mask to prevent her from ripping their members apart and eat them. Next to Amber was Jeno who's always pulling her everytime she charges at Krystal who doesnt seem scared at all, but more like she pities her girlfriend being unable to remember who she is and what she was.

"Lets change seats Krystal." She only shook her head when Eric suggested. She doesnt want to leave Amber's side, ever, cause the last time she did, this is what had happened.

"Let her. As long as Amber wont be able to... She's okay." Everyone noticed how Jessica didnt say the word 'bite'.

Theyve been out in the road for more than two days now, inside a military truck that has been customized with steel carriage that they used in rescuing survivors before. Right after the emergency alarm thrown them into panic and worrying mode, Krystal and the group immediately run to where Amber and Jeno is. Taeyeon's brother Kibum helped them go through securities and they have managed to get their infected group members and also took one of the trucks for refuge. 

One of the camp's wall fell down and a lot of zombies had managed to get inside and further into the campsite that no one noticed Krystal's group took their escape with the rudimentary results of their supposedly cure for the mutated virus. Luckily, Taeyeon's brother possesses one of the military vehicle's key that time so their escape had been easy and that as soon as the emergency alarm went on, all the laboratory personnel panicked and had ran off to save themselves that they had the chance to take all the files in the laboratory room.

"We need to go to a Testing Laboratory, to see if any of this could work." Taeyeon said as she pointed the case of the samples on the floor.

"The nearest Testing Laboratory is at Taebaek-si."

"In Gangwon-do?" Kibum nodded.

"Whats going to happen to Operation Clean up?"  Taeyeon asked as she remembered the time when they met Eric's group on their way to the Geyeonsangnam-do Camp.

"I dont think they'll be able to do that, unless the President was able to escape that attack, but I doubt that." Kibum answered confidently knowing exactly that the operation can only be done with the Presidents orders or whoever that's next to command, Although he's not sure if the operation will still be pushing through right after their camp had been swarmed with zombies.

"We need to be sure. I dont want to die just because the army bombed the whole country." Eric said.

"Krys, watch out."  Everyone panicked again as Amber managed to pounce on Krystal and they both fell on the floor. Kibum immediately stopped the truck and Jessica reached out to pull Amber off Krystal but the latter didnt let her and instead enveloped Amber in her arms, hugging her tightly.

"Its okay guys.." She mumbled and everyone took steps back and the truck drove again. Jeno helped Krystal sat up pulling Amber along with her.

"Are you guys scared.. of Amber?" Krystal asked them who immediately answers no.

"She's the reason why we're still alive now, how could we be?" Yuri said, holding Tiffany's hand.

"She gave her life for us, fearing her would be the last thing we'd do."  Dara assured her.

"Im just worried for you Krys, we can never know what youre really feeling now, we just cant imagine how youre holding up with all these.." Jessica's voice was worry-filled and Krystal gave her sister a smile, one that doesnt reach her eyes but Jessica knew its real and genuine. "That's nice to know. Thank you."

"We'll get through this Krys.. We'll make sure Amber will be with us till the end." Jessica who sat next to Krystal held her hand and squeezed it.

"We're not going to let anything bad happen to Amber." Eric assured her.

"Yeah, thats right." Sam seconded.

"We'll get the cure Krys, if we need to go all through those Testing Labaoratories, we'll do it." Kibum said, looking at the rearview mirror. He also owe Amber a lot, for taking care of his sister and bringing Taeyeon back to him alive. So he's going to make sure that he'll be able to help them with whatever he can.

"Thanks guys." And truthfully, Krystal is indeed thankful that none of their members felt scared of Amber even though she's not human anymore and that they know that one wrong mistake could all lead them in danger. And also, that Amber was still with her, despite her state, that enough was something Krystal was thankful for.

 

 

 

 



I know this is short.. Kinda lost here with this fic.. so yeah.. Well basically with all my fic.. Work's been killing me lately.. And I really dont want to go on hiatus thats why Im amking updates even if its short.. so please bear with me, okay? Thanks guys.. Youre awesome..