Safe

Against All Odds

"Dad we need to help them.. Atleast we need to try to help some of the town's people." My dad only greeted his teeth. "Dad.. Youre the town mayor.."

We were standing in front of the window, looking outside. 

"I know Krystal.. but I cant risk your lives at the process.. If this is indeed a zombie apocalypse those who were infected or bitten will become like them..Im sure you already knew that.. I.. I cant risk my own family." He reasoned out.

"But Dad, how about those who were not infected. Can we atleast try to save them? Those people who were just outside our gate.. We can let them in.. Help them atleast.. Your body guard can kill those zombies.. Dad please.."

"Honey. Your daughter is right.."My mom appered behind us and placed a hand over my dad's shoulder. "We cant let those who are still living get killed out there. What if we're in their situation.Im sure you wouldnt want us to die without someone even trying to help us right? Where's youre sense of helping people? Isnt it your goal to help them, this is the time when your town most needed you."

My dad placed his hand over my mom and squeezed it, nodding his head.

"Im glad I had you for a wife." He smiled and went outside, instructing his men.

I called out my friends and all our housemaids and told them about our plan, they all agreed to help. We all cleared out the living roomso we can have more space for those we will be able to help. 

My dad opened up the gate, killed the zombie near it and called those who were running for their lives. I run outside to help dad assisting those people.

"Go inside the house.. Go.." I told everyone who came in.. 

I jerk up everytime I hear gunshots.. "Dad........." I screamed when a zombie caught my hair.. I didnt notice I was so close to the gate that even if it was already closed, i am still within those zombies' reach.. "Dad.. Dad.. Help me.." I was so scared.. I kept pulling my hair off that zombie's tight grip.. "Dad. Dad.."  I could feel the zombie pulling it more harder..

"Krystal." Worry was evident in my dad's voice. He immediately took the gun from his men and fired at the zombie. "No one hurts my princess." He said as he my back, after I run to him when the zombie released her grip on my hair.

I started sobbing.. That was my first close encounter with a zombie and it only got my hair but I was so damn scared.. 

I was so scared and I felt so helpless.. I could feel my knees got weak and wobbly.. I felt so drain.. My hand was so cold and my body was shivering in fear.

"Its okay baby.. Daddy's got you.. I got you.." My dad walked toward the house. I hugged mom when she came and asked what happened.. Dad explained everything..

 

"Its okay sweety.. Its okay.." My mom carressed my back, calming me down. I heard my sister said behind me as she put her hand over my shoulder, "Its only been a day mom.. Are we really going to be okay?" But it was dad who answered her.

 

 

 

"I'll keep you safe.. No matter what."