Off

Against All Odds

New year's day..

Its supposed to be joyful but things turned out not the way everyone was expecting it to be. Not even just a bit that we thought of it happening..

Amber were supposed to have lunch with us, after having to convince my dad for days just so he'd say yes and when he finally did, things turned out ugly.

 

Amber received a call from HQ and as soon as I heard her phone rung, I knew it was trouble. She told me she was needed to report for duty though it was her holiday off. I dont want her to go.. I pleaded her not to go but she still insisted and I have no other choice but to let her since it was her duty as an enlisted army personnel.

I gave her my lucky locket, which was my grandmother's, she ave it to me before she passed away. Inside it was a picture of my family and a picture of me and Amber.

"So you'd find your way back to me." I said as I slid the necklace on her neck and kissed her.. Dad scoffed at us but I didnt care. He needs to get used to seeing me kissing Amber cause I dont have plans on breaking up with Amber any time soon. Or I might not break up with her at all since I know deep within me, Amber already owned my heart and if she asks me to be with her, I'd go with her anywhere she wants us to go. But ofcourse, I still need my parents approval for that.

In exchange for my necklace she gave me her parent's wedding ring and after she slid the ring on my finger, she kissed it and promised me that she'll come back and I wait for her. I didnt want to let her hand go but I needed to.. Cause as much as I dont want her to go.. I know her responsibilty for our nation.. And I repect her for the dedication she's has for her work though I know its dangerous.. I cant tell her to quit, it was after all her job even before we met.. I dont want her to change any of her lifestyle for me, its enough that she already stood up to my dad and told him that she's willing to leave the army if thats what she needs to do to make my dad see that she's sincere about me.

I doubt if my dad would even ask her that.  Even if he doesnt like someone, he wont ask something he knows that person values so much. He's not evil.. He's just cautious.. And I understand that because he's a father and having two beautiful daughters, he needs to be cautious with all the guys we met. I saw him like this with all the guys my sister Jessica dated though all those guys were quite known with their own filelds and all came from very respectable families. And I guess he's more strict now because Amber is a girl and her being in the army didnt help at all. He havent said yes still but he never did stopped me from meeting Amber either.. so it never really bothered me that much.

 

As soon as Amber left that day, dad got a call too and his face dimmed with worry or fear, Im not quite sure which cause the first time I saw him like that was when grandma was rushed in the hospital when she had a heart attack.

Something is off.. I can sense it..

With such a hurry, he ordered his men to secure the gate and guard the four corners of our yard. 

"Dad?" I asked worriedly.

"Call your mom and your sister, take your friends with you and go to the basement." He told me.

"But why?"

"Just do it. I'll explain to you guys later. Now go.. " He motioned me to move but before me and my friends went to the kitchen he called out.. "Krystal, dont go out till I come and get you,okay?" I just nodded at him and did what he told us to do.

 

Mom, Jessica and all my friends were all confused as to why dad acted that way but we all obeyed. We stayed there for hours and hours. My friends' phones started ringing. It was their families calling to tell them not to go outside and just wait for them to come and get them.

Now were all more confused than before. But we waited nonetheless, since we have no clue whats going on and waiting seems to be the best option so far.

Our head's turned to Dara's phone where her mom's voice were screaming and there were gunshots on the background.. It was noisy and nothing is comprehensible at the moment.. Its all screams and more screams and gunshots..

"Where are you mom?" Dara asked. "Why are you hiding under a car? Mom..Mom.." Dara shoved her phone back to her pocket with her trembling hands. I walked over to her and kneeled in front of her, asking her what happened.

"My mom.. I think she's dead.."

"What? You were just talking to her earlier right? Come on Dara, this isnt the time to joke around."

"Do you think I'll joke about my mom Krys? She said something about zombies.. and I heard growls.. then the line went out." Dara cried even more and I pulled her into a hug...

 

"This cant be true.." One of our friends said and she tried calling her parents but no one answered her.. The rest of my friends tried calling their families too but they got nothing..

 

"Zombies? Is this for real?" I heard my sister exclaimed in disbelief. All of my friends are crying now and me and my mom was trying to calm them down..

"Oh my god.. Amber." I said as I fished out my phone from my pocket and called her but her line was already off.

 

 

 

 

 

 



So guys can you please tell me how was the fic so far?

I mean.. Its already Chapter 14 but still the plot isnt even established yet.. LOL

Its a freakin' mess..

So there you have it folks.. Three chapters of Krystal's POV..

Comment.. Upvote and Subscribe..

And please suggest some awesome title, as you can see Im very much of a lame..

 

 

GrandpaBacon

ing out.

^_^v