Wait

Against All Odds

"Amber....... Amber...." Krystal was talking in her sleep that caused her sister to wake up in the middle of the night...

"Krystal.. Krystal.." Her sister called out to her softly, rocking her body.. It didnt take long for Krystal to steer and open her eyes to her sister who was rubbing her eyes..

"Youre sleep talking again." Krystal's sister said before lying back to her former position on the bed they were sharing, her back facing Krystal.

"What did I say?" Krystal asked as she combed her fingers through her hair.

"Youre calling her name again.." Her sister said before she covered herself with their blanket. For days, it has been like this.. Jessica, her sister wakes her up in the middle of the night because she was calling Amber's name or she was crying in her sleep.. For days that after she have woken up, she wont be able to go back to sleep and end up staring outside her window, gazing through the darkness, looking for a familiar figure she had been longing to see for so long..

She was hoping that one night, Amber will appear in front of their home, telling her she was just dreaming.. that things that's going on isnt real.. that everything is okay.. But up untill now, Amber havent showed up yet.. No text messages.. No calls.. She knew that once in the field, soldiers surrenders those unnecessary things that can cause them distraction.. She knew since Amber have been in the field quite few times already and they never communicated whenever Amber is gone, but she was okay with it.. She's okay with it cause she knew right after the field assignment, Amber will immediately see her.. Amber always does..

But now.. its different.. 

Its isnt just something that will pass by after a week or two.. She proved that already.. And having no news from her lover makes everything so saddening and more frightening..

 

 

But as much as she want to get out and search for Amber herself.. She cant and she wont..  and besides her parents wont even let her..

 

She can do nothing but wait..