II.

Can I Have This Dance?

5 votes, 23 subbers <3
thanks to all of you. I left comments to your comments, so keep scrolling until the end! ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seohyun sighed as she rolled her shoulders back, pounding them lightly. After picking up the groceries needed by her unnies, she decided to take a quick rest at the park. 
Seohyun stared at the clear night sky and smiled contently.

"Simply beautiful.."she sighed aloud. 
"Like yourself, noona?" she heard a voice behind her. Whipping her head around, she met face-to-face with her hoobae from high school, Jong-in.

"Ahh, Jong-in!" Seohyun laughed, "Don't say things like that. It's embarrassing."
Jong-in grinned and shrugged. "I can't help myself from telling the truth." he nodded, giving the older girl a knowing look. Seohyun shook her head and smiled. 
"Oh please. There's so many other girls prettier. Most of them happen to be all over you." she half-teased. It was the truth, after all. However, Jong-in had always told her that there was someone else he liked, making it impossible for him to have feelings, or even look at other girls.

Jong-in chuckled. "Noona, you know about my failing love life."
Seohyun rolled her eyes. "Talk about dramatizing things. The only reason why you're "failing" is because you haven't made an efforts about it yet." she nodded with a smile. He bit his lip before sighing. "Which is why I'm doing something about it today."

Seohyun widened her eyes and clapped. "Ah! Finally? What happened?" she questioned. Jong-in swallowed, another sigh following it. 
"I'm not sure. It hasn't happened yet. I was originally going to her dorm, but I thought I'd find her here, so I checked...and she was." he mumbled.
Seohyun looked around for a second, in confusion. She paused.

"Jong-in..."
"Stop. Before you say anything, let me make a proper confession." he interrupted grabbing her hand carefully. "Please.."

Seohyun pressed her lips together before nodding. "Go on."
He exhaled deeply before standing in front of her. "Noona, we've known each other ever since I joined the school dance team freshman year. The first person to talk to me that day was you. The only person I saw after that day was you. I knew that you were popular among all the hyungs and seeing all of their amazing beings be rejected by you made me feel heavy-hearted. So I promised myself. 'When I get into college with a dance scholarship...when I become a man I'll confess." Jong-in fiddled with his fingers. "And so when it finally happened, I decided to take a step of faith." he looked up at the noona. "I couldn't call myself a man unless I did so." 

Seohyun smiled a motherly smile and placed her hand on the younger boy..man's shoulder. "Jong-in. I'm flattered that you think so highly of me..but I can't say that I feel the same. I...I don't have feelings the way that you do. Our relationship has been, and will almost always be a dongsaeng-noona relationship. It doesn't mean I don't care about you, it just means that it's not quite meant to be." she finished with a nod. He looked away and mumbled softly. 

"I understand."

Seohyun looked at him. "Jong-in--"

"This doesn't mean that I'm giving up. If people can break the friend-zone...I'll break the dongsaeng-zone." he forced a smile before grabbing the bags next to Seohyun. "Now, it's getting late. I'll take you back to your dorm."
Before she could give him a reply, he began to walk. Seohyun followed close behind, smiling yet feeling a bit sad inside.
And little did she know, that Jong-in's heart could no longer dance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suho looked up from his notes and sighed. "Seo Joohyun..." he mumbled aloud. "Why does that name sound so familiar?"
His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a frustrated groan. Poking his head out, he saw Sehun sitting on his roommate. "Sehun, what's wrong?"
"Jong-in just got rejected!" he cried before patting his friend's back. The darker boy made no noise, simply just laying face down. Suho grimaced.
"Tough luck." he said sympathetically before going back to his room. He continued to ponder, murmuring the name under his breath repeatedly.
"Seo Joohyun...Seo Joohyun...Seo...Seohyun?" he suddenly sat up. "No way..it can't be THAT Seo Joohyun..."

10 years ago, Suho went to a middle school where barely anyone cared about arts. There were a handful of people, such as himself and Yixing, but other than that, not many people even looked into such things. Even those who did have interest never did much about it. One day, the art and music teachers decided that it would be helpful to have there be a form of introducing larger branches of the arts. So then, a dance academy from Seoul came to the school and presented themselves. Among those people, there was one girl who was given a solo. One girl who was seemingly younger than the rest, but still had equal talent and skill.
Seo Joohyun was the name in the program. 
After that day, more than half the school became more interested in the arts, and many pursued dancing. As the students entered high school, they began to open up to such things even more.
All because of one day. And specifically for Suho..
All because of one girl.

Suho smiled slightly. 'So she's the same girl?' he thought somewhat blissfully. Pounding his fist onto his desk, he felt more determined. "Alright. Even though I might feel and look ridiculous...ballet sounds like a good plan." he nodded and grinned. 
"Seohyun..." he mumbled. 

"Hey lover boy." Yixing called from across the hall. Suho immediately looked up. "Hmm?"
His Chinese friend chuckled. "So you're actually gonna respond to that?" he teased. Suho ignored him and raised an eyebrow.
"What do you want, Yixing?"

Yixing tossed a set of keys to the other guy. "I know you probably don't want to learn ballet publicly, because you're a wuss, so this gives you somewhere to go." he smiled. Suho tilted his head. "Where does it lead to?" he asked. Yixing smiled. "That's for me to know, and for you to figure out."
Yixing went to his room for a brief moment, leaving Suho in utter confusion. "Oh, and Joonmyun?"
Suho glanced back up at his friend, who handed him an umbrella.
"Just in case." He flashed his befuddled friend a grin before retreating to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: 
Second Chapter! I hope you guys liked it, although it seems a bit short ^^;; please continue to anticipate!

Any guess to where the key leads to? Hint: there's actually no mirrors there. :D

thaox724: aww thank you <3 I hope you enjoy~
glamzchic: yay! I'm glad to hear that ^^ the foreward actually took some time T_T so stressful
seokris-han: seoho~ *throws confetti* although your username doesn't have the ship, thanks for supporting (: teehee <3 teasing fo lyfe :D
jooxiuxian: d'aww~I'm so touched. I shall continue to update as much as I can..JUST FOR YOU GUYS <3
byhann: you're quite cute too ^^ *throws hearts everywhere* I'm glad that I'm able to hear such flattering words ^^ (everyone, she called my story cute! *cheers*)
chan92: bahaha it's an interesting image, no? ^^ I'm pretty excited myself. honestly, I'm a bit scared too O_O
eycha_sk11: yes yes a grandpapapapapa learning ballet won't be easy..but the unicorn should be able to help...right? :D hwaiting!


hope everyone keeps subbing, commenting and upvoting. you guys are all wonderful <3
stay beautiful~

with blessings, beautifully