I.

Can I Have This Dance?

It was an honest-to-God mistake.

Seohyun continued to stretch as she stared out the window absent-mindedly, taking in the air that drifted through. Her thoughts were interrupted by the familiar sound of pop music blasting through the speakers of the next room over.

"Aish! Those loud hip hop dancers..." Jessica always would grumble whenever they rehearsed during the ballet class' practice. However, today was the one day where Seohyun was practicing alone.

Out of curiousity, she stepped out of the room and peered into the window next door, where the music was coming out of.

The stature of a lean, yet well-built, man filled her view. He danced passionately, with much concentration. Seohyun couldn't help but stare at him as he continued to dance. As the song finished, she clapped.

LOUDLY.

The figure turned towards the day, she ducked down and bit her lip in embarrassment.

"Ah..stupid!" she scolded herself before slowly cowering back to her respective practice room, praying that he wouldn't come in to question her.

Two minutes passed.

Five.

Ten.

The lively music resumed and Seohyun felt herself begin to breathe again. She continued her stretches, listening to the music play from the other room and finding herself bobbing her head to the beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suho quietly peeked into the room next door. It was vacant, only accompanied by the sunlight that streamed through the window. He stared at the clean dance floor, which had not been scuffed up by harsh dance shoes or care-free dancers, but rather had been taken care of by pointe shoes and graceful bodies. Suho smiled at the thought and noticed a bag next to the stereo. Looking around, he checked the name tag.

"Seo Joohyun.." he said aloud. The name rolled off his tongue easily, as if it was meant to. The name sounded familiar...but he didn't know how. Suddenly, he heard the sound of a voice. Suho faltered, searching for a way to escape the awkward situation. He quickly made his way to the window, where he sat on the sill and hid behind the curtain.

"Ahh unnie! Calm down, It's fine. The dorm is only a few minutes away from the store. Plus, it's on the way from here. Text me a list of things you need and I'll be there as soon as possible, alright?" the feminine, familiar voice filled the room and his ears like music. It was clear and soft, beautiful and sweet. Disappointed filled his mind when he realized she had finished speaking.

Suho contemplated taking a peek at the ballet dancer, but decided otherwise when he realized the risk.

"I'll see you tomorrow, my love." she whispered before turning off the light. Suho held his breath. "My love?" he repeated as he jumped off the window sill. He examined the room. There had been no one else here...who could be her love? Ballet and the dance room itself...?

Suho shook his hazy thoughts out of his mind before sighing and examining the room once more.

"My love..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, where have you been hyung?" Sehun asked Suho as soon as he walked into the dorm.

"Ah, just practicing." he threw his words over his shoulder before searching for someone he assumed would know the mysterious girl.

"Yixing?" Suho called to his friend. The bright dancer poked his out of his room.

"Yo~ What's up? " he greeted happily. Suho stepped into the room and plopped onto Yixing's bed.

"So, what would you like from me today?" the other boy asked his friend. Suho grinned mischievously, trying to tease his friend.

"Oh gosh, please don't tell me that I have to find out about a girl for you again!" Yixing exclaimed, standing up abruptly. Suho laughed then stopped. "Hold up. What do you mean AGAIN." he protested. Yixing threw him a "you-know-what-I-mean" look.

"There was that one Chinese exchange student junior year in high school, the noona in my composition class senior year, then last year you wanted the number of my physics lab partner!" Yixing turned to the Suho and grasped his shoulders. "YOU YUHJAH KILLER YOU--"

Suho made a face and grabbed Yixing's hands. "Alright alright, this'll be the last time. I promise."

Yixing narrowed his eyes. "You said that last time...and the time before that."

Suho shook his head with a grin. "This time it'll be for real."

Yixing sighed. "Alright, I'm keeping your word for it."

Suho smiled and threw his arms around the other boy. "THANK YOU SO MUCH." he laughed. Yixing had to pry Suho off of him.

"Alright, alright. But anyways, there's a ballet dancer and her name is..." he began.

"Seo Joohyun?" Yixing finished for him. Suho stared at him blankly. "How'd you--"

"A ton of guys have tried to ask her out but it seems she's rejected them all. You don't stand a chance." He said flatly. Suho's shoulders slumped. "How are you so sure?"

Yixing looked up. "Because all the boys were NOT part of the ballet department. This means, naturally, that you won't be the best candidate either." he stated simply. "After all, who would want a partner who is dancing a different dance from them?"

Suho bit his lip. "Different dance? Isn't dancing just dancing?" he asked. Yixing shrugged and laid down. "Who knows what girls think."
Suho tilted his head slightly to the side. "Yixing?"
The Chinese man grunted in response.

"Let's learn some ballet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: first chapter up~ ^^ hope you enjoyed~

Keep comments and subs coming~♥

and stay beautiful. with blessings, -beautifully