Honeymoon - Vacation

Happily Ever After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After washing up, they dressed for the day ahead and headed out of the bedroom. They hadn't had much to eat at dinner last night and were hungry. They had noticed a kitchen when they first entered the cottage. Although the kitchen was small, it appeared well-stocked and had the basic condiments one would need to prepare a meal. So the couple thought they'd have a light breakfast before going out.

 

Walking out of the bedroom, they were surprised to find no trace of the trail of flowers from last night and began to wonder if someone had come in while they were occupied. Entering the kitchen, they found a tray. On it, was a platter of fresh tropical fruits, toasted bread and a heaping stack of pancakes. The pancakes were drizzled with generous amounts of chocolate ganache while fresh summer berries sat on the side. They were then topped with powdered sugar and finished with whipped cream. It would seem that the staff had arranged a romantic breakfast in bed for them. And by the looks of things, they had only been in the cottage quite recently as the pancakes were still warm.

 

Ji Hyo immediately headed for the main door. Once there, she found that the red, “DO NOT DISTURB” light had not been . Instead, there was a green light, indicating to the staff that they were free to enter the cottage. She realised that someone had indeed come in to clear up the petals and bring them breakfast. And that in the heat of passion, they had not heard the staff come in.

 

At this, Ji Hyo turned a shade of red that Kwang Soo had never seen before. “Ya! Someone came into the cottage!” She exclaimed, slapping him on the back. “Omo! I was so loud! They must've heard me! Oh, no! How can I face the staff working here now?” She moaned, hiding her face in his chest as she continued to slap him. He was finally rescued by her phone ringing.

 

Checking the caller ID, she saw that it was her mother. Taking a deep breath, Ji Hyo tried to calm herself before answering the call. Fanning her face, she clicked on the receive button and accepted her mother's call.

 

Mrs Cheon: Oh, Seong-im ah. Sorry I missed your call earlier, Hyo Joo and I took Fang out for a walk, and I had left my mobile at home. Did you like the hotel? I asked them to send breakfast to the two of you this morning because I'm sure you had a late night.

Ji Hyo was certain her mother was smirking at the last sentence.

Ji Hyo: Yes, Omma. Thank you, we're just about to eat our breakfast. The hotel is beautiful, and the accommodation is really romantic. Thank you, for arranging this holiday.

Mrs Cheon: You're welcome. Hold on, Hyo Joo wants to talk to you.

Ji Hyo could hear a faint shuffling as the phone was passed to the little girl.

Hyo Joo: MUMMY! Is it fun? What are you and Papa going to do today? Grandma says the hotel is beautiful, is it?

Ji Hyo smiled fondly at her daughter as she rattled off question after question, like a machine gun.

Ji Hyo: Yes, sweet pea. It is very beautiful.

Hyo Joo: Can you turn on the video? I want to see!

Switching on the camera on her phone, Ji Hyo brought her daughter about the cottage on a virtual tour. Starting from the kitchen, then to the tiny living room, before moving on to the bedroom, where she saw her mother smile knowingly at the sight of the unmade bed. Finally, she brought her into the toilet to check out the huge bathtub.

Hyo Joo: Mummy, what's that on your neck?

Ji Hyo checked the mirror only to find a sizeable red mark on the side of her neck. She began to blush when she realised what it was. In the background, she could see her brother smirking.

Ji Hyo: It's nothing, dear. Just a... a bug bite. Mummy has to go now. Someone is coming to pick us up to go out. I'll call you again tonight, ok?

Hyo Joo: Ok. Take care, mummy. Bye!

 

As soon as she disconnected from the call, she stormed back into the kitchen. “YA! LEE KWANG SOO! Who told you to give me a love bite on my neck?” She demanded.

 

“But l-last n-night...” He spluttered. “You asked me to mark you.” He added meekly.

 

“I didn't mean on my neck! ” She huffed. “It's too obvious! We still have to go out. People are going to see! Even Hyo Joo noticed.” She grumbled, albeit half-heartedly. It was partly her fault.

 

“I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking properly. I didn't mean to do it on purpose. Let me fix you a drink. Tea?” He offered, trying to make amends.

 

“Black coffee would be nice. I need a coffee this morning. A strong one.” She said as she went to stand beside him.

 

“But last night... we had unprotected . What if you're pregnant?” He started hesitantly.

 

“Ya! You're getting ahead of yourself! It doesn't happen overnight!” She scolded, slapping his arm lightly. “Or maybe it does, if the timing is right.” She conceded. “There are several factors. And we won't know for sure. The symptoms don't show up until later. Besides, I'm not really in the fertile period of my cycle.” She added after doing some calculations in her head. “So, let me enjoy until we find out for sure. Especially since we're on our honeymoon. Is that alright?” She pouted.

 

Feeling slightly abashed for jumping the gun, Kwang Soo smiled. “Of course, that was silly of me.” He said, and moved over to the coffee machine. “One black coffee, extra strong coming up!” He grinned.

 

 

Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo had just finished having their breakfast when they heard a knock on the door. Opening it, they found Kiet standing outside. The guide was right on time. “Good morning!” He greeted the couple. “A lot of thunder last night. Very loud. Did you have a good rest?” The Thai asked politely.

 

Ji Hyo's cheeks coloured slightly. There were a couple of other things she could think of that had been loud enough to drown out the sound of the storm. Seeing that his wife seemed flustered, Kwang Soo took over handling the pleasantries, assuring the guide that they had a good rest.

 

“It's the monsoon season in Phuket now, which is why yesterday's weather was not so good.” Kiet explained. “But fine weather has been forecasted for today, so I have arranged a charter boat to bring us out to sea. I thought we could try our hand at fishing and see if we can catch some fish for dinner. Phuket's got world-class fishing. If time permits, we can stop for some snorkelling as well.” He said in response to Kwang Soo's question on what the plans were for the day.

 

Before long, they were cruising to the fishing grounds. The island was indeed an angler's paradise, and they quickly pulled up many beautiful coral fishes. They caught an assortment of colourful wrasses, a couple of snappers, and some groupers. However, they were slightly undersized, and Ji Hyo felt bad if she were to take them, so she released them.

 

The fish were so plentiful that even Kwang Soo, who didn't usually have much luck, managed to land a huge blue-finned trevally. It was a powerful fish, stripping line from his reel as it tried to cut him off on the rocks. Eventually, after a long struggle, he managed to get the fish in the boat but was told that the larger trevallies often had dry flesh and wouldn't taste very good. Smiling good-naturedly, he conceded it was not meant to be. So, after taking a quick photo with the fish to commemorate the moment, he released it to fight another day.

 

Ji Hyo, being the Goddess of fortune, had fate shining on her. She was relaxing with a beer when she felt a light, ‘tap, tap’ on her rod, indicating that a fish was nibbling on the bait. Thinking it was just a small fish trying to steal her bait, she reeled in her line. When she did, she felt a powerful pull, and her rod bent sharply. “Kwang Soo!” She shouted for her husband as the line started peeling out of the reel.

 

He immediately rushed to her side. “Don't worry. You've got this, Yeobo.” He encouraged. “Just keep the line tight and maintain pressure on the fish.” He instructed.

 

After a couple of minutes, Ji Hyo could feel a gradual change in the fight as she started to gain more line than the fish was taking out. “It's tiring. Pump and wind!” Kiet advised when he saw that the line had stopped peeling out of the reel.

 

The men gathered around her, curious to see what was on the end of her line. Soon, they could see a red coloured fish ascending to the surface. “Coral trout!” Their fishing guide, Dax announced excitedly. Grabbing the landing net, he expertly netted the fish and brought it on board the boat.

 

The fish looked to be about 50 cm in length, and the guide estimated that it weighed about one and a half kilograms. It was a beautiful fish, its robust body was bright red, and a dense scattering of brilliant electric blue spots could be found dotted along its head and body. “This fish is very poisonous! Must throw it back!” Kiet joked.

 

“Don't be fooled by Kiet!” Dax warned. “Coral trouts are highly sought after for their fine eating qualities. They have nice, firm, pearly-white flesh which is flaky and has a mild, delicate and sweet flavour. Which is why they are considered to be among the finest eating of all of our reef fish.” He said as he unhooked the fish. “Although it is called a Coral trout, it is not a trout at all. It is a member of the Grouper and Cod family. Just look at its large mouth and sharp conical teeth. It is a true predatory reef fish.” He explained.

 

The couple posed for a few pictures with the fish, and decided that they'd keep it for dinner. So after humanely dispatching the fish, they kept it in a cooler and called it a day for fishing, and opted to do some snorkelling. Dax told the couple that he knew of a perfect spot just minutes away. A short while later, they pulled into a sheltered beach at a nearby island. The spot that he brought them to, was nestled in a steep-sided bay. The beach was lined with nodding coconut palm trees that swayed gently in the wind, while giant boulders dotted either side of the bay, giving it the feel of being a secret beach.

 

The beautiful, turquoise waters looked inviting, and the couple quickly grabbed a pair of swim fins and snorkelling masks before stripping to their swimwear. Kwang Soo had a pair of black boardshorts on, and although J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter