Chapter 4

Getting There

 

            Yuri followed Taecyeon’s car for about 45 minutes when the man’s car finally stopped. Yuri paid for her taxi and stepped out. It was already late, and so she didn’t see at first where they were, but soon she realized that they were at the pier in the outskirts of town. She recognized the silhouette of the man she followed and quickly hid behind some crates to avoid being seen.

            Ok Taecyeon was now walking towards the dock that was coming out onto the sea.He took a deep breath once he reached the end, taking in the salty air surrounding him. This place always made him feel calm. Looking out on to the waters somehow released the stress he had, no matter how hard that week has been for him.

            Unknown to Taecyeon, Kwon Yuri was still watching her boss from afar. “Did he come here just to stare out into the sea?” Yuri said to herself.

            About 30 minutes passed like this; Taecyeon staring at the sea and Yuri staring at Taecyeon. Yuri was about to get up and leave, thinking that anything extraordinary would probably not happen tonight, when another silhouette joined the one she has been following all night. What shocked Yuri was that this shadow was one of a woman.

            She moved in closer to try and find out who the mystery woman was. Holding in a gasp, Yuri was surprised to see that the woman was actually Im Yoona, the heiress of the Im group of companies, which is Ok Company’s biggest competition. It was common knowledge that the Im’s and the Ok’s didn’t go along too well. Decades of fighting over the top spot in Korea’s economy has developed a natural rivalry between the two families.

            Wild thoughts kept on running inside Yuri’s head. “Are they here for some kind of confrontation or showdown?” She immediately started digging through her bag for the voice recorder she kept handy. This meeting was definitely the most interesting event the entire time Yuri has started working for Ok Taecyeon and there was no way in hell that she was going to miss even a single word that was going to be exchanged between the two.

            It took Yuri a few minutes to find the voice recorder amongst the many things she kept in her purse. Looking up at Yoona and Taecyeon, voice recorder ready in one hand, Yuri saw something that was even more shocking than the appearance of Ms. Im. Instead of the heated discussion and glaring eyes that Yuri was expecting from the meeting, a sweet hug was now being shared by the couple.

            Yuri was beyond confused. “Does this mean that Im Yoona and Ok Taecyeon, the heirs of the two biggest rivals in Korea, are lovers?” she said to herself. With that, a smile started forming on her face. “This is it!” she thought “This is exactly what I need for my story. Imagine if this got out; it’s going to be huge news!”

            But at that moment, a bright light suddenly flashed. One of the empty cars parked in the vicinity turned out to not to be empty at all. In it was a man, who was now stepping out of his vehicle, a camera in hand. Taecyeon instinctively pulled Yoona closer to him, protecting her identity.

            “I knew you had something to hide, Ok Taecyeon! Now why don’t you be a good boy and step aside so I can see who your mystery woman is” the man who arrived said. Yuri looked over and recognized the man. He was Nichkhun, a well-known reporter from The Inquirer, which was one of The Chronicle’s biggest competitions.

            She knew that there were other reporters with the same assignment as her from other newspapers; she just didn’t expect that she would actually run into them while doing her job. All this time, she thought that she was the one who was working closest with Ok Taecyeon, being his secretary and all. She realized that this Nichkhun guy must be pretty good, good enough to be able to follow Taecyeon all the way here.

            Ok Taecyeon was now staring into the eyes of Nichkhun. He had a look of panic to his face. His relationship with Yoona was something that was not meant for other people to know. Both of them were known to be rivals by all of Korea. Their relationship would be the cause of a massive controversy which will only lead to bad things for both of them. And just imagine what would happen if their father’s found out; they’d be better off dead.

            “Come on Taecyeon,” Nichkhun said while snapping a few of pictures of the couple, “You’ve already been caught. There’s no point of denying that you do have a secret lover. Now if you could just move a little so I can see who the lucky girl is.” Nichkhun started moving towards the two.

            At that time, Ok Taecyeon’s mind was going in overdrive, thinking of ways to get out of this sticky situation without harming Yoona. His instincts finally kicked in, and, pulling Yoona with him, started to make a run for it.

            Yuri, who was watching from a safe distance this whole time, was frozen on the spot. A lot of things happened that night, and it was taking her a while to process everything she’s witnessed so far. But soon enough, she was shaken out of her frozen state when she saw that Taecyeon, who was pulling Yoona with him, was running into her direction.

            “Oh no. This is going to turn out badly.”

 

 

Author's Notes:

Another update is up! How did you guys think of this one? I think this is the first chapter that actually gives a hint where I'm trying to go with this story...I hope you guys enjoyed it :)

The next one reveals more of the plot...hope that you'll all anticipate for it! :D

Thanks a whole lot for all your support! Please continue on reading...I promise that I'll do my best to write better :D
 

P.S. I don't have the luxury of time right now, but when I get the time, I'll make replies to your comments! Promise! :D