Chapter 3

Getting There

 

            It’s been a month since Kwon Yuri started working undercover as Ok Taecyeon’s new secretary, and so far, work life at the office has been uneventful. Yuri didn’t seem to notice anything fishy or mysterious about her “boss”. But after 30 days of working with Taecyeon, Yuri has figured out his personality a bit.

            She can still remember the first time that the two of them saw each other face to face. Yuri was shocked when Taecyeon first entered the office; he was much more good looking in person than in pictures. It was noticeable that when he walked in, the ladies from the adjacent stalls all had a dazed look on their faces. In fact, when Taecyeon shook hands with Yuri after she introduced herself as his new secretary, she swore that her mind must have gone blank for about 30 seconds.

             Ignoring the strong physical attraction that Yuri felt for her boss was no easy feat at first. But she quickly got out of it and started taking notes on how Taecyeon works, how he behaves around other people, etc.

             Kwon Yuri and Ok Taecyeon’s relationship has been professional, but in some ways, they have become sort of friends. Taecyeon appreciated the fact that Yuri was a very efficient secretary; organized and detailed in her work. The fact that Yuri seemed like a very trustworthy person also helped the two of them work better together. Taecyeon knew that his name and status precedes him wherever he goes, and he has experienced having secretaries who only used him for this. Working with a person he trusts is very important to Taecyeon, especially for a secretary, someone he will be working very closely with and someone who knows about all his moves and decisions.

              The first thing that Yuri realized was that Taecyeon seemed to be a well-liked person at the office. He wasn’t arrogant at all, despite his seemingly cold outside appearance. Although it was rare for people to see Taecyeon show a real smile, he was always polite to the people he worked with and showed respect to every single one of them, may it be one of the managers or the janitor.

              One more thing that made Ok Taecyeon respected by his peers is his obvious dedication to his job. He was very careful in the way he worked, and in some ways he would seem like a perfectionist. He would come to work early in the morning and stay there until late at night. Sometimes, he would even forget to eat lunch because he was too busy with all his meetings. Never has Yuri seen her boss just sit at his desk doing nothing; he was always working, but somehow he never seemed stressed about it.

              Yuri also noticed that Ok Taecyeon had a very quiet social life. Looking at the packed schedule he had everyday, a girlfriend or anything of that sort seemed out of the question. Occasionally, Yuri would pencil in something like a dinner with his mother or other family members, but that was about it.

              But the thing that Yuri seemed bothered about the most was when she noticed his eyes. Ok Taecyeon had a pair of extremely dark brown eyes, sometimes even appearing to be completely black. He was an extremely good looking guy, with superior bone structure and all that, but his eyes…at times they seem blank, almost dead even. It was like he was longing for something, but something’s preventing him from getting it. Sometimes Yuri would catch that glint of warmth that she first saw in his eyes that day she saw his picture in the profile, but those instances were very rare.

               Even with all the things that Yuri found out about Taecyeon, it still wasn’t enough for her story. As of now, the investigative piece she can come up with would just talk about how Ok Taecyeon is the perfect boss, dedicated and hardworking, at the expense of his own happiness in life. That wouldn’t make that much of a story, Yuri thought.

               With that in mind, Yuri said to herself that she had to work harder in finding something, anything about her seemingly-perfect boss. Just like what Ms. Choi said that day she went for her weekly report, everyone has some dirt on them, some people are just better at hiding their secrets than others.

               Yuri took a tiny notebook from her desk drawer. Written in it are the notes that she’s been keeping about Taecyeon; from what he wore to work, to what he had for lunch that day. She tried scanning through it, desperate to find anything that was out of the ordinary. But she knew that she would find nothing there; she’s already studied these notes a million times. This assignment was proving to be harder than she originally thought. She now realized why there were loads of people who gave up before her.

               Still worrying about how she’ll be able to do her article, Yuri didn’t notice that her boss has left his office and was now standing in the waiting room, across her desk, putting on his jacket.

               “Ms. Kwon,” Taecyeon said, “I’ll be going home for the night. If you don’t have anything else to do, why don’t you go home as well? I’m sure you’ve had a tiring day.”

                “I’ll just finish up the documents for tomorrow, Sir, and I’ll be on my way. Have a safe trip home.” Yuri said while bowing goodbye to her boss.

                “That’s weird though,” Yuri said to herself as Taecyeon left the office. “It’s only 8PM. He usually leaves at a much later hour.”

                 Yuri felt that something weird was up. She quickly got her purse, put on her jacket and locked the office up. She decided to follow Taecyeon tonight and see for herself what exactly he was doing.

                 Taecyeon his car radio as he pulled out of the Ok Corporations building, but little did he know that following him was a taxi where Yuri was riding, determined to finally reveal what could be one of Taecyeon’s secrets. 

 

Author's Note:

First of all, I would like to say sorry for not being able to update the story as soon as I can. Believe me, I have officially declared war on our internet provider for screwing up our connection. Apparently, I make a pretty scary angry customer, cause our internet is back, and so am I!

I also would like to acknowledge new readers! *waves to the new readers* Thank you so much for reading and supporting this fic. How are you liking the story so far?

In this chapter, I'm starting to build the tension and everything...and I promise you that the real juicies will come out in the next one, so please continue on reading!

I'll post up the next chapter when I can. I actually have until half of Chapter 6 written already. But I can't post without your support, so please subscribe/comment! *big hug for everyone!*