Chapter 3

On that day

 

Junhyung's POV

 

In life, there are three types of friends you'll meet. The first type is the kind that'll always be there for you. The second type are those who just vanished out of your life. And then there are those who you wish you'd never met.

 

-Flashback to 5 years ago-

 

"Junhyung-ah!" Someone was kicking his back lightly, but demandingly. "We have to get up and practice!"

"Ah, I don't want to. I want to sleep." grumbled Junhyung, lazily waving the person away.

"Junhyung, I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice." The boy gave a cheeky smile, and suddenly Junhyung felt water on his face.

"Aish! Do you want to die!?" He yelped, jumping up and shaking his hair. The boy just laughed, and said, "I told you so!"

"Sangjoon, your so dead." he yelled, and then the two began to spray water at each other with their drink bottles.

 

"I'm going to end this. It is it. And I'm going to start with you." Sangjoon pointed the gun at me, and that once lovely smile was snarling at me.

I would be lying, if I said I wasn't afraid. I would be lying, if I said that I couldn't feel my palms sweating, and my heart beating more lively than ever. And I would be lying if I said that I couldn't feel the aching in my heart.

But I had to be strong, keep my pokerface on. "Im honored." I said calmly, with a perfect mono-tone.

As I expected, Sangjoon snarled even more. "I wouldn't be smart, if I were you. I don't know if you can tell with your brain, but your not in a good position right now."

"So, are you saying I'm smart or..." I couldn't help myself say it. Stupid fat tongue.

In response, I saw Sangjoon point near my feet and pull the trigger, releasing a loud "BANG!" that made everyone jump, and the fans scream. Strangely I heard a yelp from behind Sangjoon, but I could have imagined it.

'Concentrate, Junhyung', i told myself. 'Your not only putting yourself in danger, but your members and fans.'

"Any last words before I shoot you?" Sangjoon asked, a cruel smile on his face. Before I could open my mouth, Yoseob butted in. 

"Sangjoon hyung, this isn't Junhyung's fault." he quickly said, giving me a look to shut up. Yoseob had his rare serious face on, and I could tell that he was deeply disturbed by Sangjoon's behaviour. I could also tell that Yoseob was trying to buy us time.

"Your right, it's not. You screwed up on your own." I bluntly told him, where I was received a look by everyone.

"I wouldn't have failed if it wasn't you guys! And especially if it wasn't for you Junhyung." he stared at me, no warmth inside him at all. I could tell that he was about to go off his limits soon, and time was running out. I had to get some.

"You know there are staff everywhere here." I commented. "They probably heard the gunshots."

A smile creeped up his mouth. "It's lunch-time; almost all the staff have gone out to eat. And for your managers, I've holded them back so by the time they can come here it'll probably be too late."

Crap. We were so screwed.

 

"And, I think that's enough chit chatting for now. " The small hint of fear I had seen at the beginning was completely gone now, and now his eyes were filled with hatred and coldness. He pointed the gun once again to my face. "It seems like this is goodbye, Junhyung." And he tightened his grip.

 

That was when I saw her.

 

Yoseob's POV

 

It was strange. I never really believed in God, but at that last moment when Sangjoon hyung pointed the gun at Junhyung, I found myself praying that someone would come save him. That an angel would somehow turn up, and save the day.

 

I never expected our angel to be wearing an apron and sweat-pants though.

 

Eunha's POV

 

I'm not really sure why I did it. Heck, I don't even really know why I reacted like that. Perhaps it was the fear that was making me not able to breathe, my heartbeat racing so fast, and how this man was about to kill someone. In the last few seconds everything was in slow motion like in those movies. I could see how Junhyung's eyes were starting to panic, the satisfaction in Sangjoon's smile, and him slowly raising the gun to Junhyung's face. I could see Yoseob catch eye contact with me and I didn't know how but from then on I reacted spontaneously. I dropped the pizza boxes, and just starting running. From then on everything was happing so fast, that I didn't even realise what I was doing.

 

But one moment I found myself hiding behind the curtains, and the next I had jumped onto Sangjoon's back.

 

 

 Note: this is a shorter chapter, but it just felt right to end it here. I'm not quite sure but I'm on a roll right now (might be because of how intense the story has begun) so I'm going to start on the next chapter right now! I'm probably going to be exhausted after this though....