His Baby Steps…

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* So here is the continuation… no… I think it’s more right or proper to say the other point of view of the story. (Hope you readers like this oneshot)

 

I was looking outside, leaning at the window as I appreciate the beauty of the morning spring. The striking colors of the spring gives a very relaxing atmosphere… feels like anyone can have a brand new start. I closed my eyes to feel the breeze in my face… loving the fresh air. I like this season so much… I try to be bubbly and friendly so I could share to people the same feeling this season could give.

As I opened my eyes, I glance through the surrounding again… It’s really beautiful.

 

And then, I looked down…

 

I saw you looking up at my side. I tried to look around to see if there were other people looking out the window too or anything interesting that one could find it appealing to look at… but nothing. When I looked down again you were gone. Strange… why do I feel somewhat disappointed because of it? Am I the one you are looking at? Hmm… I wonder who you could be…

I don’t know what’s wrong with me after seeing you. Your face keeps flashing in my mind the whole day. How your long brown hair swayed as the wind blew… few strands covered your face and you moved your hand slowly to tuck those strands away from your face to the back of your ear. You are radiating so beautifully… seems like flowers are blossoming around you. Oh wait! What’s this? Why am I daydreaming suddenly? This is crazy… I breathe twice deeply and shook my head and slapping my cheeks, not hard enough to hurt but just to look like waking myself up.

 

I fought myself not to think of you anymore as the days passed. But I guess chances don’t want me to. I saw you again… walking alone with your head stooped down just trailing the pathway. Excitement suddenly built up inside me. My eyes followed you until you’re out of my sight anymore. I sighed.

 

Since then, chances of seeing you become frequent…

 

In the hallway… I see you… you would look around and yet trying to avoid meeting others eyes, trying not to stumble down as you walk on your way.

 

In your classroom… I see you… sitting at the back seat near the window side, leaning your elbow at the desk with your opened palm supporting your chin, quietly looking out the window.  I even try to guess what you are looking at or what were you thinking of.

 

At the cafeteria… I see you… falling in line to buy your food and then you would eat alone. Sometimes, I wanted to approach and sit with you but I can’t find myself doing it. I always have these hesitations. You were so aloof to everyone. I’m worried that you might walk away if I tried to.

 

Even when time to go home… we both stride the same direction and same street. There are times I wanted to walk with you… be at your side… But whenever I got closer to you I backed away and would hide myself immediately when you turn around. With my hopeful steps, I would always walk behind you.

 

As I see you everyday, I get so excited. My heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter