Her Baby Steps…

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a start of another school year. The sky was clear…weather was fine. I was walking on a pathway on my way to the school building. Everywhere you look, you could see the vibrant color of the cherry blossom. Hearing the birds chirping, it feels so good… everything was perfect… seems like nothing could go wrong. I was a transfer student, and it was my first day in my new school. My parents and I had been in different places, always moving to a new home due to my dad’s job. Every time he got to be assigned to different branches of their company, we always have to move, too. I think it’s our fifth times now in moving to a new place to live. If I could remember it correctly, the longest time that we spent in a place would be two years. Since we kept on moving I never had friends. Actually, I never tried to befriend anyone. For me, it would be easier if I don’t... it’s easier to leave a place without leaving something important behind or attached to someone that become special to you.

 

But then…

 

I saw you. You were leaning in the window, feeling the fresh breeze of the spring… curving a sweet smile on your lips with closed eyes...hair swaying as the wind blows, a very blissful moment. I could hear my heart pounding in a rhythmic tune. I was mesmerized, frozen at where I am standing… just looking at you. Then, you looked at the side of where I am… Are you looking at me, too? Hmmm, I guess not…

 

That was the time I thought when I fell in love…

 

Since that day it became a routine to me. Stopping at that same spot where I saw you. Hoping I could have a glance of you once more. But unfortunately I haven’t got that chance. My eyes even wander around as I walked around the school. But still there’s not a single sign of you. I’m starting to wonder if you were just created by my imagination.

 

Since I love reading books, I’ve decided to spend my free time at the library… a perfect place to take you off my mind. It’s a nice place to hide one self when a person doesn’t want to be bother or just want to be alone. As I scanned the books in a shelf, my eyes caught something familiar in between the gap space of the books. My heart started to palpitate abnormally. It was pounding so hard that the sound of it became so deafening. It was racing so fast that I can’t almost catch on my breathing. My hands and feet started to get cold. My eyes were fixated at that familiar face. That face seems to be sparkling, radiating a very calm expression… beaming an attractive aura that felt liked magnetizing me… wanting to come closer and closer…

I’ve known a lot of things like this in the books that I had read, but is this how it feels? Is this what they called love? This was the first time I felt this way. I can’t move my eyes away from you. I was totally staring. Ah! Kim Sumi this is not right. Stop it! It’s against your rule. I have to remind myself not to be concern with this kind of things.

 

Everyday, at that same time, I always saw you there… at the corner part of the library.  The place was bright even if it was covered by the shelves because of the window where the light can passed throu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter