Chapter 4

What Happens in College Stays in College

"Here's the bill. Call me up when you guys are ready."

 

I reach for the piece of paper and look at it. Wait, that's weird. There must be a mistake. I call up the waitress again.

 

"You guys are ready?" She smiles.

 

"I think there might be a mistake. The total is only half of what we're supposed to be paying. Maybe you would like to check it again." I pass the paper back to her and she checks it. And then, she chuckles.

 

"Well, sir. You're entitled to get 50% discount because today is the Couple's Dine-in Day. You bring your girlfriend or boyfriend in, you would get 50% off. Plus, even without the special event, I would totally give you guys some discount. You are so cute together."

 

I feel my jaw drop and instantly I look across the table at Kris. He looks dumbfounded. Well, we both do. Realizing that the waitress is still there waiting for the money, I get myself out of shock and aim for my wallet to get some cash out, but before I could give the girl the money, someone has already beaten me to it.

 

"Well, thank you. I would definitely spread the word about this to my friends. Maybe next time we would get the discount you were talking about." With that, he hands in the cash and gives the girl his biggest smile, making the girl chuckle.

 

Me, on the other hand, has dropped my jaw for the second time.

 

After the girl returns with the changes and receipt, Kris and I make our way out of the restaurant. I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of us being a couple, but Kris seems fine with it.

 

"Why didn't you tell her that we're not a couple?" I do not lift up my head for fear of Kris seeing the redness on my cheeks, but I can feel him smiling.

 

"Well, if I did then we wouldn't get the 50% discount."

 

"But, we don't even look like a couple! How can she say we look cute together?" I puffed my cheeks in annoyance. I mean, just look at us. There is absolutely nothing cute for people to see. Seriously.

 

I hear a low chuckle from behind and before I could turn to give Kris a piece of my mind, I feel a long limb circling its way around my waist and warm breath near my ear.

 

"Why are you so bothered about this? If she said we look cute eating together, I wonder what she'd say when she sees me doing this to you." Gulp. "Maybe next time we can show her a little."

 

With that, he releases his grip on me and walks away like a boss, leaving me rooted to the ground trying to collect my mind back from the sudden attack. Once I got my brain working back, I knew there's only one thing I would definitely say.

 

you Kris!

 


 

"Baby, when are you coming back? I miss you."

 

Kyungsoo has gone back to his home, bringing Jongin together with him. I intended to follow them and see my family, too, but a project has held me back and I'm left alone. Luhan follows Yixing home, and from what he told me, Yixing has finally gave in to his request of coming out to Yixing's parents. I hope that it would go fine. They have long established their more-than-friends relationship to Luhan's parents, although it was only revealed because they were caught giving each other s in his dad's old car. Imagine the awkwardness.

 

I am lucky I didn't have to go through all the awkward phases. My family is very open to almost anything, and they have seen me with girls and guys so it's known to them that I swing both ways. Well, even without all the boyfriends I brought home, they can totally catch on with the way I am with my baby Kyungsoo.

 

Speaking of which...

 

"We only got here yesterday, Suho. We'll be back in two days. Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. But nobody's here. It's a bit lonely you know."

 

I heard a soft laugh. "I thought Kris is keeping you company."

 

Huh. "I don't wanna see him. He's just a big bully. Who knows what he might do to me." I paused, flashbacks of yesterday's 'thing' flowing through my mind. "If it weren't for this stupid project, I would've followed you guys and we can totally go out together."

 

Then I hear a snort, an oh-so-familiar snort. "Too bad you weren't here, Suho. Wait, actually it's good that you got that project for you to settle. I can have Kyungsoo all to myself. Your lost."

 

"Damn you Jongin! Don't you ever dare lay a finger on Kyungsoo, or else..."

 

An obnoxious laugh is heard from the other end of the line. "Or else, what? You think I'm afraid of you, midget? Kyungsoo loves me enough to let me be with him and SLEEP with him."

 

"Yah! What the hell? Kyungsoo, baby. Why did you let him sleep with you? You know he just wants to take advantage of you. this project, I'm coming home and when I get there, I want Jongin out of your house. If not, I will personally drag you all the way back to campus and ask for relocation. Just you wait, Jongin!"

 

Damn. I'm becoming hormonal.

 

"Haha. Baby, don't listen to Jongin. I know he's a ert so I let him sleep in my brother's room. Don't worry, okay?" I let out a huff loudly, hoping he would hear it. He does. "Now, now. I know you are pouting but we'll be back before you know it. How's your project going? Almost done?"

 

"Yep. Just a few modifications and I'm all set."

 

"Good. We're going out for lunch," At that I hear a distant 'It's a date!' but I choose to ignore it, "I'll call you tonight okay? Bye Suho."

 

After we hang up, I start working on finishing my project and before I know it, it's already dark outside. Checking the final details and satisfied with the results, I close my laptop and stretch my limbs. And then I hear some grumbles.

 

Oh yeah, I haven't eaten since breakfast.

 

Walking to the kitchen, I realize there's no ramen left for me to cook. Sigh. Just then, I hear a knock on the door. I rush towards it and I should've known better to think a delivery guy from Domino's would telepathically know that I'm in need of food without me ordering it.

 

Nope. I'm not that lucky.

 

It's Kris, with all the smugness in his face, a smirk placed on his lips and a brow raised.

 

"What do you want, Kris?"

 

"Have you had dinner? I'm in the mood for some pizza. We can go to Domino's. I have coupons."

 

Maybe I sent the telepathy signals to the wrong person.

 

Before I could say anything, my stomach decides to speak for myself. Kris laughs.

 

"Come on. We can catch some movies, too. My treat."

 

At the sound of that, I quickly grab my wallet and phone and take my jacket before ushering him out the door. Who wouldn't want free dinner and movies?

 

After finishing (ravishing on my part) two medium pizzas (hey, I only ate cereals for the entire day), Kris drives us to a cinema near our campus. On any other night, the cinema is always packed with students from our university, but since it's holiday time the cinema is almost empty save for some students who live close to campus.

 

I watch Kris pays for the movie tickets and looks like something is up with the way both him and the cashier looks at me. I just shrug it and ignore the way the cashier giggles before handing Kris the tickets.

 

"Ready to go?"

 

"What were you saying to the cashier? She's giggling like a high school girl."

 

Kris looks at me and smirks. "Nothing. Why? You jealous?"

 

"Huh. No way. Why would I?" I cross my arms on my chest, but before I could take another step, I feel a warm body getting so close to mine and even warmer breath on my nape.

 

Oh.

 

"She told me what a cute boyfriend I have. I told her you look even cuter when you're jealous."

 

This time, I don't even have the chance to hide the blush creeping on my face, which got even worse when I feel a pair of lips pressed on the reddest part of my cheeks.

 

Only then that I realize it's a total deja vu with the way his arm snakes around my waist.