Together

Coffee Anyone?

Sorry its been so long. But here it is! The second chapter. Enjoy!

 

~~~

 

During the rest of the movie Ryeowook was stealing glances at a nervous Henry, giggling especially when Henry jumped at a particularly suspenseful part.

While the credits were rolling, Donghae suggested to Hyukjae that they should switch numbers. “Why?” Hyukjae asked.

“So we can update each other and plot some more. They obviously didn’t get together!” Donghae complain while Hyukjae face palmed.

“Alright matchmaker, give me your digits.” Hyukjae said holding out his phone.


Weeks passed and Hyukjae and Ryeowook still went to the café regularly. Ryeowook would get the Specialty Mocha each time. And each time he got it Henry would make it for him. Henry would make pictures of the sun, stars, and different faces based on his mood. And each time Ryeowook would bring out his phone to take a picture.

One week Donghae told Hyukjae that Henry told him that he might have feelings for Ryeowook. “How’d you find out?” Hyukjae asked surprised.

“I snuck home late one night and I heard him talking to himself.” He snickered.

“If you weren’t so cute I’d think you were evil.” Hyukjae muttered.

“What?!” Donghae replied in shock.


Hyukjae one day, when Ryeowook came home, asked him about it. “So Wookie…what do you think about Henli-ah?”

“What do you mean? You already know I like him.” he said hesitantly.

“I know, but are you gonna do anything about it?” Hyukjae prodded.

“I don’t wanna ruin our friendship.” Ryeowook admitted.

“Ryeowook. You barley talk to each other. Except for him drawing you pictures.”

“Hyukjae would you lay off him?” their roommate Sungmin told him. “Let Wookie do it for himself.”

“Oh shove it.” He spat at Sungmin. “Ryeowook.” He looked over at his friend who was standing frozen in place. “What’s wrong?”

“What if he doesn’t like me Hyukjae?” he whispered.

“Is that all your afraid of?” he let out a sigh of disbelief. “Who wouldn’t like you? You’re Kim Ryeowook!”

“I like you!” a velvet voice spoke from the living room followed by a painful grunt.

“Can it Kyu.” Sungmin spat then shouted, “I like you too Wookie!”

“Thank you guys!” Ryeowook shouted back and was now blushing from all the attention.

A week later, Ryeowook gathered enough courage to confront Henry. Hyukjae had been told by Donghae when was a good time to see Henry so it would be just the two of them, so he told Ryeowook.

Ryeowook then came back to the café a day after him and Hyukjae had went on their weekly trip. He came in when it was almost closing time and there were only a few more people in the café.

Henry was busying washing the countertop when he walked in. “Hey Wookie-ah! What’s up?”

“Oh nothing really.” He said trying to be nonchalant.

“So twice in one week. Is the coffee that great? Or is it that you just can’t resist me?” Henry laughed at his little joke. Ryeowook just blushed because he was right. “So what can I get for you? A Specialty Mocha again?”

“Nah, not today. What’s good?” He asked looking over the menu for the thousandth time.

“I don’t know.” Henry frowned. “I’ve been too busy to try anything. But I’ve heard that the Hazelnut Cappuccino is good.”

“Hrm…what would you like to try?” Ryeowook asked looking at Henry.

“Right now…a hot chocolate sounds nice.”

“Okay, I think I’ll have two hot chocolates and a Large Chaco-Chaco-Chip Muffin.”

“Alright.” Henry said, not thinking anything of Ryeowook getting two drinks and a large muffin other than he was hungry or expecting to eat with someone.

After Henry gave Ryeowook his mini meal, Ryeowook went to a two seater table and set up the drinks and cut the muffin in half. Henry sighed. ‘Just as I thought. He’s with someone.’ He thought sadly as he started wiping the counters again.

“Are you busy?” Ryeowook asked making Henry jump a little because he came back to the counter suddenly.

“What?” Henry asked very confused.

“Are you able to take a break or something?” Ryeowook tried again.

“Yeah, I was just about to close up actually.” He said unsure as to why he was telling Ryeowook this.

“Cool. When you’re done do you wanna come sit with me?” Ryeowook asked shyly.

“But aren’t you waiting for someone?” Henry asked obliviously.

“Not that I know of.” Ryeowook told him, confusion in his eyes.

“Then whose the other hot chocolate for?” He asked pointing to said hot chocolate on the table.

“It’s for you.” Ryeowook said simply with a slight frown on his face.

“What?” Henry asked in disbelief.

“Don’t make me say it again.” Ryeowook blushed. “Are you coming or not.”

Henry nodded and Ryeowook started walking away then turned around. “Hurry up, your hot chocolate is getting cold.”

After Ryeowook sat down, Henry went into the back room to get ready for close up and then it hit him. “Is this a date? Did he just ask me on a date?” he asked to no one in particular. He went to the front of the shop to lock the door and was thankful for the last customers leaving, besides Ryeowook. He closed the door, locked it and took off his apron. He hung his apron over a random chair and sat in front of Ryeowook. “Is this for me?” he asked pointing to Ryeowook’s nice little set up.

“Yup, who else would it be for? Come on, sit down. It’s still kinda warm.”

“But, I thought this was for…” Henry trailed off still not understanding.

“Henli Lau, sit down before I have to drag you to your seat.” Ryeowook spoke to him harshly because he had enough of his clueless behavior.

Henry obliged and sat in the seat across from Ryeowook looking down in guilt.

“Drink it.” Ryeowook demanded then added, “please?” after Henry looked up and gave him a scared look.

“Did you do this?” Henry asked pointing to the marshmallows in his mug that were placed just right creating a heart shape.

“I, uh, got bored.” Ryeowook said shyly and fidgeted.

Henry smiled and took a sip and his face instantly lit up. “Wow! This is good. I should make something for myself more often.”

“Glad you like it.” Ryeowook smiled and drank his drink too which was already half gone.

While they drank, they talked about how their week was and updated each other on what was going on. “Hyukjae has been coming over a lot.”

“I’ve noticed he hasn’t been home much lately. So that’s where he is.” Ryeowook muttered the last part more to himself sounding betrayed.

Henry giggled at him. “I think him and Hae have been keeping secrets. Before I walk in the door I hear them talking and Hae always sounds frustrated about something. But when I walk in they shut up and start whispering as soon as I go to my room. It’s very suspicious.” Henry said taking a bite out of the chocolate muffin.

“We should record them.” Ryeowook said jokingly.

“Like leave out a camera in the kitchen or something. Hidden of course.” Henry chuckled. “I like it.”

“Spy on them?!” Ryeowook replied because he didn’t think Henry would take to heart what he said.

“Sure, why not? Sometimes I feel like Hae’s spying on me.” Henry shivered at the memory.

 “He probably is.” Ryeowook laughed. “That doesn’t give us the right to spy though.”

“Fine. No spying.” They sat there in a moment of silence before Henry said, “We should probably exchange numbers though.” He said trying not to show the nervousness in his voice while staring at his muffin.

“You think?” Ryeowook asked also looking down, a smile forming on his face.

“Yeah, you know, to keep each other updated…and stuff.” Henry murmured.

“Okay. Here’s my phone.” Ryeowook shyly handed over his phone which Henry did the same. They gave each other their numbers and took silly pictures for their photo id.


Henry texted Ryeowook a lot. And it wasn’t just about Donghae (although most of the time it was him complaining about his friend). Henry would tell Ryeowook whenever he saw Donghae and Hyukjae together and always managed to ask him how his day was going or what he was up to.

After two weeks of having each others numbers, Henry would ask Ryeowook to come to the shop just before closing time at least once a week, if not twice.

Henry would ask him what he wanted then decorated it for him. Instead of simple things like he would usually draw, this time he drew hearts. Each time a made different designs trying to be unique each time. He drew single hearts in different ways, he drew multiple mini hearts, and often drew two hearts together. This went on for a couple of weeks as the two grew closer.

Monday night of one week Henry and Ryeowook were drinking their coffee after closing as usual when Henry told Ryeowook to come every night of the week this week because Henry had a surprise for him.

As instructed, Ryeowook came Tuesday night after the last customers had left and went up to see Henry. “So, what’s my surprise?” he asked. He had been anxious to find out ever since Henry told him.

“Well, you get a part of it today.” He said as he went to make Ryeowook a Specialty Mocha.

“Only part of it? But Henli I wanna know now!” he pouted.

“Be patient. Here all done!” Henry said handing Ryeowook his Mocha.

“What is that? Is that a line?” Ryeowook questioned. “What does it mean?”

“I can’t tell you.” Henry smirked. “It’s all a part of the surprise.”

“No fair.” Ryeowook pouted some more as he got out his camera. “But I’ll play along.”
 

The next day Ryeowook couldn’t concentrate at work and his friend Heechul noticed. “Ryeowook-ah what’s with you today? These papers aren’t right.”

“Sorry Heechul-sshi. I guess I’m just out of it.” Ryeowook told him while scratching his head.

“I’ve told you before drop the sshi. Now what’s wrong.” Heechul took a seat on a chair near by.

“Nothing’s wrong really its just that…” Ryeowook looked around to make sure no one was listening. “You know that Barista Boy I’ve told you about?” Heechul nodded in affirmation. “Well, he has a surprise for me and its in different parts. I’ve only gotten the first part. I’m really anxious to see what it is.”

“Wow, that’s interesting. So what did he give you at first?” Heechul asked leaning closer.

“My favorite drink and he drew an ᅵ?”

“Why do you sound unsure?” Heechul asked.

“I’m not sure if its Hangeul or not. I’m not even sure if its just a line.” Ryeowook ruffled his own hair in frustration.

“Good luck little man.” Heechul told him fixing his hair. “Let me know what happens!”


That night Ryeowook was at the café early. “Henli-ah!! I’m here! I’m here!” he bounced up and down.

“I see that. Can you wait till I close?” Henry asked.

Ryeowook waited patiently at a table while he texted Hyukjae to kill some time. Ryeowook could’ve sworn Donghae stole Hyukjae’s phone because his text messages went from things like “How are things?” and “Sounds like fun.”  to “ARE YOU WITH HENLI?!” and “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

When Henry was done closing, he walked up to Ryeowook with another Specialty Mocha. “For you my…Wookie.” Henry was conflicted as to call him my love or my dear so he settled with Wookie.

Ryeowook took the mug eagerly but frowned slightly when he saw that it was just another heart placed perfectly in the center of his mug. Henry smirked at his reaction which went unnoticed by Ryeowook.
 

The next day after work Ryeowook was pacing in his dorm. “Of course, leave it to Hyukjae to be out right now. What kind of best friend he is.” Ryeowook mumbled to himself.

“Hey Wook-ah. What are you doing pacing the living room. Your making lines in the carpet.” Kyuhyun said walking in like he owned the place.

“Sorry.” Ryeowook apologized. “I-I’m just…I’m really anxious.” He admitted.

“I see. Is it about your Barista Boy?” Kyuhyun asked with a grin on his face.

“How..how’d you know?” Ryeowook gaped. Last he checked he never told Kyuhyun.

“Sungmin likes to tell me gossip. And surprisingly I listen.” Kyuhyun laid down on the couch making himself at home. “Speaking of which, do you know when Min will be back?”

“Nope. Sorry.” Ryeowook fidgeted with his fingers.

After a couple minutes of Kyuhyun watching Ryeowook fidget and pace he asked, “What’s his name?”

“Henli. Henli Lau.” Ryeowook spoke with a smile on his lips momentarily forgetting about being nervous.

“I think I know him. Is he Canadian?”

“Yup.” Ryeowook nodded.

“Yeah, he’s in my weekend class. He likes to tell me about his annoying best friend and some cute boy who comes and visits him at work.” Kyuhyun said knowing full well it was Ryeowook he was talking about.


That night Ryeowook was instructed to come at a certain time. When he walked in the lights were dim except for one table. He walked toward it and there was his Specialty Mocha along with a note. It read:

Dear Wookie,

Here is the last part of your surprise. I hope you enjoy. Text me when you done!

Love, Henry :)

Ryeowook set the  note down and looked inside the mug and saw a curved line shaped like a horse shoe. Ryeowook looked at it in confusion and wonder what Henry was on when he drew it.

Instead of texting Henry when he was done he texted him right away. Henry after receiving the text came in right away. “Well, what do you think?” he asked.

“About the surprise?” Ryeowook asked him. “It’s…I…a…I’m confused.” He told him truthfully.

“You’ll figure it out. I know you will.” Henry told him as he ruffled his hair.

Ryeowook sat there and pouted but Henry managed to cheer him up as he kept talking to him while Ryeowook drank his Mocha.

Henry walked Ryeowook home that night. When they reached Ryeowook’s door step Ryeowook started protesting. “I don’t wanna go. I still don’t get your surprise.” He pouted once again.

Henry grabbed Ryeowook’s shoulders and pulled him into a hug taking him by surprise and whispered in his ear. “You’ll find out. Just take your time.” He squeezed him one last time before letting him go and looked him in the eye. “Good night Ryeowook.”

“G-good night Henli.” Ryeowook muttered because he was taken by surprise.

After Henry left to go home himself, Ryeowook was walking slowly back up to his dorm in a daze.

When he reached the dorm he went straight to his room and was thankful that now one was in sight. He needed time to think. But instead he figured it would be better to sleep on it so that is exactly what he did.
 

The next day during work he was out of it again. But he wasn’t really distracted this time. He was in a daze.

Heechul stopped by and asked him about the surprise and he showed him the pictures. Heechul smirked and Ryeowook asked if he knew what it meant. But Heechul told him to ask someone who knew English.

Ryeowook then remembered Hyukjae telling him that Donghae was learning English but decided not to go there seeming as how Donghae always made a big deal. Ryeowook gave up figuring he could figure it out for himself.

Ryeowook was riding the bus home from work when he finally figured it out.

He wasn’t too big on the English language and never paid it any attention (which he sort of regretted now) which is why he didn’t get the surprise at first. Henry was Canadian there for his primary language was English.

On the bus, there was a little girl with a bag and on it were the letters i ♥ u and it reminded Ryeowook of Henry’s message. Ryeowook asked the girl what it meant and she told him with a bright smile, “Saranghae!”

Ryeowook thanked the girl and sat back in his seat, a warm smile on his face. Then it hit him. He took out his phone and looked through the pictures. Then he realized, that wasn’t a line Henry drew on the first day. It was an English I and the curved line was a U meaning you.

Ryeowook smiled and blushed finally realizing what Henry did.
 

After doing a few things at home and getting ready for the night, Ryeowook came into the café after closing just as Henry had told him to. “Hey Wookie!” Henry greeted him.

“Hey Henli. Let’s take a walk.” Ryeowook said calmly.

“Okay.” Henry grabbed his coat and left with Ryeowook. They didn’t really have a destination in mind and they had wandered to a lesser know part of Seoul where it wasn't crowded at all. After a long while of silence Henry asked, “So…what’s on your mind Wookie?”

Ryeowook thought about his words before speaking. “Your surprise,” He started.

“Did you figure it out?” Henry asked ready to be rejected.

“I did.” Ryeowook fell silence and stopped walking. Henry did the same just a few steps ahead of him. “Do you mean it?” Ryeowook barely whispered. But Henry heard him perfectly.

“Yeah.” He whispered back.

Henry wasn’t expecting what would happen next. He felt a pair of slender arms wrap around his waist. “W-wookie?”

“Shh. Don’t talk.” Ryeowook whispered. They stayed in that position for a good couple minutes. Ryeowook soaking in Henry’s smell and Henry with a huge grin on his face that he couldn’t hide and thankful that Ryeowook couldn’t see him at the moment (in fear of how dorky he looked).

When they broke Ryeowook brought out his phone and showed him a picture of himself holding pictures of Henry’s surprise in order and Ryeowook holding up two fingers to the right of them.

Henry was smiling like an idiot after Ryeowook showed him, no longer caring what he looked like. Henry picked Ryeowook up from his waist and spun him around making him giggle.

When Henry set Ryeowook down he looked him in the eye. “I love you, Ryeowook.”

“I love you too Henli.” He smiled right back.

“Would you…?” Henry said unsure of how to put it but Ryeowook knew what he wanted to say and he couldn’t wait any longer.

“Yes!” Ryeowook squealed then went up on his tip toes to kiss Henry.

When their lips met Henry thought that he might explode. It was everything he wanted and more. Henry lifted Ryeowook up as they kissed pulling Ryeowook closer.

Their kiss was sweet and when the two broke they were both smiling and blushing like crazy.
 

They walked back to Henry’s dorm hand in hand. When they entered the dorm Donghae bounced off the couch and greeted them right away. “Hey you two! What’s up? Did anything happen? Whatcha been doing? It’s like one in the morning.” He looked at them expectantly. Hyukjae joined up behind him.

“Donghae. Hyukjae.” Henry said. “Wookie and I—”

“ARE YOU FINALLY TOGETHER?!” Donghae shouted. Hyukjae behind him shook his head.

“Way to steal my thunder Hae.” Henry pouted while beside him Ryeowook couldn’t wipe the smile off his face.

“Is that a yes.” Donghae whispered.

“Yes, Hae. We’re together.” Henry himself couldn’t hold back his smile. Donghae ran (the whole two steps it took him) to Henry and lifted him up.

“Yay! My little Henli finally has his Wookie!! Yay!!” Donghae cheered.

“Put me down Hae.” Henry whined as Ryeowook and Hyukjae laughed at the two friends.

“You’ll tell me later, wont you?” Hyukjae asked Ryeowook.

“Every last detail.” Ryeowook promised.

“Our usual spot?” Hyukjae offered.

“Sure.” Ryeowook nodded.

“Aww, Wookie!” Hyukjae hugged his best friend. “I’m so happy for you!”

        

~~~

 

YAY for Henwook! Next chapter will be Eunhae!

 

 

Thanks to my little brother who helped me get them together. -.-