Can I dream now?

Athazagoraphobia

"Living alone is bad for your health" He said. 

"But I'm with you" She answered for a question that was not told, and he smiled to her with a face that could say that she was wrong, he wasn't there, he wanted but he can not. 

"We need to get up, The sun is going down" He slowly took her hand and pulled closer to his body, making her heart stops, he never made this kind of stuffs. Hugging her, he made they way to the bed, inviting her to lay down. 

"I don't want to sleep here, that is why I sleep there"  She said while he was rubbing her hair and then he start to sing. She sit down and she lay in the bed. After a while she talk to him "You are not Real?" There wasn't a response. "Are you..? My mind invented you, right?" Hoping to hear a response she did not notice time passed and without knowing, he stop singing a while ago and he start to fall asleep; when she tried to touch him, her hand went throug. "Don't sleep... I want you to be here." He opened his yes just to give her a smile and his lips formed the words "Me too". With a blink the light in the room  gone and darknees invade the room. She stoond up with her back full of feellings that she was not avaliable to carry and she walked to opened the window. With sleepy eyes she saw the sun, that was to get up. The only thing there, was a cat and a empty feeling that was making holes in her chest.

"So, you are worried about me" she said for nobody, and she smiled from his heart, which desapear instantly, because she can not longer remember.  "Who is worried?" She asked to herself, with a blank mind and a smile forgotten.

---


"Time to go" she said goodbye for the picture who was in her desk. "Lets meet dad"

It was a long travel in train, her father was a little far from where she was living. A hole in his stomach was getting big and his eyes were fulled with tears. Fear tattoed in her face and she just imagined his hand engached to another. The dark that were there when she went out of his house now was a shining sun in the top of the sky with a beautiful blue seeing everithyng. Lights comming and going, seats getting empty and cold air passing below the clothes. When the voice of a man telling the last station was near, she woke up from his thoughts. Making his way exit for the near door.  With short steps like the whole world was in his shoulders, she walk to see his father. Going to visit him was painful, well, he did not help with anything to her problems, moreover, he make it worse. But nobody could go with him, she was the only family he had.

The walk was endless and with old people saying "Good evening" and some kids playing here and there. It looks like she really do not want to go to the top of that montain, but in some way she wants to see how is her father, but the place where he is, just make her want to cry, it is almost a year since the last time she saw him, and before she realized, she arrived. She opened the gigant metalic door, and walked in, following a path covered with leaves and trees making a wall on both sides.

When she found her dad, he was all covered with dirt and leaves.

"Hey dad, how have you been? It was a long day, but I am here" She smiled "You know, I was scared to come here, but you don't look that scary" Her voice cracked and she fell on her knees and began to mourn uncontrollably "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry dad... " she took dirt off him and she cleaned his face with the sleeve of his coat "Dad... can you please help me? ... I need to remember whatever I've forgotten." She continued cleaning him. "Please talk to me... please." The leaves in his hands uncovered an epitaph that had written 'Dreaming does not cost, the reality is it will prevent you see these' 

Nearly an hour after cleaning, the tomb of his father stayed clean.  She placed beside the grave of his father withered flowers,which had stored in his backpack. She sat next to the tomb and pulled of from his backpack a letter that she could not read before. It was the last thing his father let her, it was almost a year that have been passed and she did not found the strength to read it.

The envelope was worn, and a little brown. The letters written in with his father's distinctive handwriting forming the words 'Nani'. The paper sheet was bend and worn, with traces of having been the witness for a moment of pressure, with marks of a pen that was a weapon of force with which the letters were feeling at the back.

                      My little Nani. 

      It is difficult the real world, don't you? I made a big mistake about over protect you. At the end I was just a man that could not endure the things that were going. You was by my side and even so I was not strong enough. 
      Someone once told me that'life is short', but my dear, life is the longest thing we will be able to experience, an ice cream is something that you can leave at the sun and it would melt, but your life is something that you can not leave that easy. 
      You knew me and I was not the best person in the world, but I try. With your mother in the situation she was, I could not do the thing she did. But we enjoyed the time we shared together, Don't you think? Those evenings watching movies, you making a cake and I, well, I actually doing anything, just giving you my own point of view of the movie. That time was a happy one and I am happy to have a Daugther like you, with your bad memory and bad moods.
      The life I lived was so different to which you are going to have, mine was easy at some point, but your time is surrounded with selfishness, cruelty, loneliness and hopelessness. Not because the people wanted, but nobody wants that someone be successful and they will do everything possible to stop the young soul. 
      Parents kill more dreams than anybody my dear, and I was one of these. Now, do not let anybody tell you not to believe in something you want to, and not easily tell someone your thoughts, is alright to have one side of you that you don't want to someone see. There’s something beautiful about keeping certain aspects of your life hidden, because, no one can ruin anything that is hide, even I can not.
       You can not tell me to do something for you. Now, sadly, you have to do things for and by yourself, we live in a world where appearances are worth more than the personality, but never lose your personality and never humiliate someone, just because they do not fill your standards. Codes of behavior are the foundation of your life as a good person, and speak of your good parenting, if you really had one. 

Follow the good example that maybe I gave you and do not follow my mistakes or your mother ones. 
The man you get to live, give it a time and does not demand it all when he get from job, you do not know what might happen on the job, give him the opportunity to leave work behind the front door. And your relationship will be more comfortable.

At least, don't forget your dreams.

P.S. I love you. (You know I love The Beatles, and you love that movie, so. Don't hope more than this letter, please.)
I'm not going to say take care, because you are too smart to do so.

                                                                                                                  ...


Like in a old movie draining all colors to a gray old she felt a camera moving away from her. Her arms suddenly feeling a great weight, fell. At that moment, she took a deep breath, because she knew she was close to cry.

Every effort fell along with silent tears and drops of a lonely rain, echoing in leaves and forgotten asphalt .