We're Back

Her Life, His Life

 

Poke* Poke*... Poke* Poke* Poke*.. Lee Chaerin, also known as CL, 2NE1's leader, is a heavy sleeper but today is an exception. Somehow the poor, tired leader just can't ignore the feel of something poking her nose, her cheeks, her chin... This is driving me crazy! She just can't continue sleeping with this sillyness going on. Finally having enough of the endless abusement to her face, she swatted the hand causing her frustrations and struggled to open her sleepy eyes.

"What in the world are you doing to my face?" she whined while trying to pull herself up on her bed. Blinking her eyes to focus her sight, a cute face suddenly shows up in front of her face. "Ah seriously, Minji-ah," she scolded, lightly pinching her maknae's arm. "Stop scaring me so early in the morning! And after you abused my face, too.."

Minji scrunched her face and then squeezed her cheeks. "UNNIE!!" She suddenly screamed, further scaring the sleepy Chaerin. "I've been trying to wake you up for 15 minutes, you know!"

"Arasso," CL said while suppressing a yawn by covering . "I'm awake now, aren't I?" She was just about to leave the wonderful comfort of her bed when Minji grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the washroom located just outside their room.

"Yah, what the--" her protest was cut short.

"Unnie go shower and prepare. NOW. I know you'll just keep lying on your bed if I don't bring you here myself." Minji said defiantly while raising her chin. She crossed her arms on her chest and stood there waiting until a certain someone finally sighed and closed the door to get ready.

"Okay, okay," she mumbled. "I sometimes wonder who the hell the real leader is in this dorm," she sighed and just shook her head.

Smiling and satisfied with the results of her waking up their leader, Minji went to the kitchen to find the two oldest members busy preparing breakfast and setting up the table. She went to sit on a chair and amusingly took in the unusual happenings in the kitchen. Bom was on the stove stirring a pot, pouring some salt and pepper, and then stirring again. Dara was making orange juice while putting glasses on the table at the same time. It wasn't a normal 2ne1 day. Nope, not at all. Minji thoughtshaking her head.

Glancing to the side and seeing their maknae back from her task, Bom asked, "Is baby Rin up?" Upon receiving a nod, she turned back to stirring the soup and checking the rice. Bom looked like the perfect umma right now.

The second oldest however, saw the peaceful time Minji was having just sitting on her chair. "Minji-ah. Wanna come help me?" The other just rolled her eyes jokingly but immediately went to help. Dara definitely looked like a housewife. And Minji, she was just like your average teenager. The three members continued preparing breakfast while their leader was still in the bathroom preparing herself.

~.~.~.~.~

In the bathroom, CL was enjoying the hot water cascading down her body. Trying to rid herself of any stress and negative thoughts since today is a very important day for their group. Their live comeback for Missing You is being held today at the MAMA performances. They have to be completely stress-free and get rid of their pessimism in order to deliver an over the top performance. People have high expectations for them and although it is sometimes hard and stressful, they still do their very best to be the best they can be.

Finally done with her little meditation in the shower, she grabbed a towel, covered and dried her body, and then proceeded to get dressed. After breakfast, the first thing they had to do was head to the practice room to practice their vocals one more time for their comeback performance. That was also their time to discuss some key points needed and to do last minute changes.

Opening her closet, she pulled out a pair of underwear, a black skinny jeans, and a black and white striped crop top, just to keep it simple since they had to change for the photoshoot afterwards anyway. After putting on her clothes, she went out to the kitchen and saw all her members sitting down with breakfast all ready on the table. Shocked and awed at the same time, she went to sit down beside Dara. "Wow, you guys did these?" she asked.

"Of course!" Dara and Bom answered at the same time, smiling proudly. CL turned to the youngest and raised an eyebrow, as if asking "What about you?". Minji just shrugged and said, "I just helped set up the table and of course, woke you up." This earned her a head shake from the leader and a laugh from the two older unnies.

Bom suddenly clapped her hands excitedly and said, "Okay! Let's now eat. Taste my food, hurry!" And with that said, Dara took the orange juice she made and began filling up the members' glasses. "Taste the orange juice I made, too!" And after a series of laughter and teasing, the girls finally began their breakfast.

~.~.~.~.~

"Naui jeolmeun narui sarangeun

ireohge kkeuti naneyo

geudae kkog haengboghaeya haeyo

oraen shigani jina gado

uri seoro gieog haeyo

geuttaen seoroga isseo sseumeul

geuttaen seoroga isseo sseumeul"

Bom sang while the rest of the members sang softly with her, their faces showing a sad expression. After they hit the last note, they continued their sad expression to prolong the moment they have made by singing a ballad song.

Suddenly, applauses were heard in the room and the spell was broken as the girls smiled and bowed to the other people witnessing their last practice for today. Yang Hyun Suk, the CEO of YG Entertainment, also known as the boss and papa yg, approached the girls to comment on their practice.

"Very good. Good control on vocals and nice delivery of the expressions," he said. "Very nice, indeed. Keep it up. Good luck with the comeback performance today."

The girls bowed and said their thanks while smiling happily, it was not everyday that you hear the boss giving compliments. "Now off you go to your photoshoot," he added before wishing them good luck one more time and then left the room.

The girls, with wide smiles on their faces, followed their stylists to get ready for their photoshoot. Every single one of them excited for today's performance later on. They're gonna do their very best for their music, their fans, and for themselves as 2ne1.

~.~.~.~.~

Knock. Knock. A staff member opened the door of a dressing room and the busy preparations of the girls' appearances were revealed. CL was busy putting on her earrings and other accessories, Bom was sitting down as her hair was being curled, a make-up artist was fixing up Dara's eyeliner, and Minji was busily fixing her ribbon/tie. Everyone was busy finishing up 2ne1's new look for their comeback stage.

"We're starting the photoshoot in 5," she informed. "Head out when everyone's ready." And thus, final touchings were added until the stylists and make-up artists were satisfied with their work. 2ne1 stood up from their chairs, looked one more time towards the mirror to do a last check, and then procedeed to leave the room.

While the girls were walking along the hallway heading to the studio, the staffs couldn't help but admire the beauty and charisma given off by their unmatched confidence and talent. As they reached the studio, they firstly bowed to the photographer and the crews before taking their spots, getting ready for the instructions to start the photoshoot.