I Love Noona

My Gangsta Boy

            At home, Mom already got there; she used her time to prepare meal for me. She was calmed for a person anticipating for her son that she did not see for a long time. Mom was washing the lettuce on the sink after she’s done cooking the samgyupsal. Time by time, she was looking at the window in front of the kitchen counter, must have been worried for her children that were out of the strong pouring rain outside.

 

            After a few minutes, she heard a car stopped in front of their house and that was the only moment her excitement showed up. She ran to the door to welcome her long-awaited son. As soon as it opened, she squealed and greeted.

            “Chany—” The hype on her toned was soon disappeared when I entered crying with chocolate brown colored hair.

            I knew she was my mother so I found grasp on her. She accepted it and wrapped her motherly arms to me.

            “どうしたの?” (Dōa no? Trans: What’s wrong?) She worriedly asked me. I hid my head on her crook, trembling and would point my index finger to a girl with black aura behind me.

            “悪魔.” (Akuma… Trans: Demon)

            Mom could not help but to glare seeing me on that condition. “What did you do to him?” She asked Noona whilst brushing my hair. Noona on the other hand shook her wet umbrella to remove the rain’s residue, still looking mad.

            “Yah! Would you stop speaking in Japanese? You’re out of there now! You—”

            “Stop.” Mom was calm but she’s scarier since she was our mother. “What did you do to your brother?”

            Noona bit her lips before sighing in her frustration. She could not stay just as silent like that, Mom needed an edible answer.

            “I brought him to the parlor because he colored his hair pink.” I whimpered loudly after she was forced to say that. “Yah!”

            “It’s ok, Chanyeol.” At least Mom was there to comfort me. “Pink hair is not allowed at school but if you grow a little older, you can bring it back.”

            “Umma?” Noona whined.

            “Alright. Yura, finish what I’ve been doing in the kitchen. I’m going to bring your brother to his room.”

            Before Mom could take me upstairs to go there, sister called her attention that stopped us.

            “What’s the huge truck doing in front of our house by the way? Is there someone moving just near us?” She curiously asked.

            She did not know. “It’s mine.” Not until I told her that and then her jaw dropped.

 

            Her flabbergasted face did not stop looking like that when the men started bringing my boxes of stuffs up to my room. It seemed not to be endless. Now her wonder why my parents prepared a huge room for me was gone. Everything made sense to her at that time.

            Thankfully, Dad came in time on dinner. He did sure miss me telling me his life, my family’s life when I was away. Noona quickly got to her room after then, I could feel still feel that she did not move on yet to anger against me.

            Before she went inside her room, she glimpsed to mine making her surprised once again.

            “What is this?” She mumbled and startled when she felt someone was behind her who was me. She glanced back to my room with the same dumbfounded expression.

            What did she think of an Otaku’s Room look like? Of course, it would look like a specialty store of animes. She shifted her look to me and rolled her eyes. I was not really getting her.

            I followed her moves even when she entered her own room; she slammed her body on her bed and opened her notebook. She seemed studying.

           “It’s good that you are here now. You can help Noona in studying for the College Entrance Exam.” Mom said that I did not notice she was already behind and both of us our glimpsing on Noona’s slightly opened door.

            “I don’t need help especially from him.” She heard us saying those cold words. Ouch, why she’s so harsh?

            Mom only smiled at when we looked at each other and shrugged her shoulders. Even she could not understand her own daughter.

 

            The next day came, Noona still kept her ‘Ice Princess’ image to me. She left home without guiding her younger brother to school. I felt so betrayed and went alone there.

            As I reached the gate of my new school, funny that I could have this happiness seeing her and looked to be waiting for someone. It never made me happier that I found out she was waiting for me. It was too quick that this was change of disappointment again because she was there simply to force me wore a thick lens glasses. Aish, I could still remember how awful it is. It was the reality version of what you see on the anime, the one with a twirl on the lens.

            “I cannot hide the fact that I’m like looking at the mirror whenever I see you. This should be good not to show the world how we look the same. DON’T EVER TAKE THOSE GLASSES OFF.” She then left me there. Soon after, gangs of students crashed me as we all entered the hell, I mean the school. From that moment, I could sense this would the beginning of my life living in the underworld.

            It was really strange hearing a different language other than Japanese from these kids. From the way they pushed me forward, I thanked them a little bit because I could really not see on those glasses. What did I do to suffer like this anyway?

            I carefully took the glasses off me when I penetrated the building. I glanced left and right just to make sure sister would not pop out somewhere my surroundings. And finally, I found my classroom where I would be on from now.

            I made a huge mess once I entered there, maybe stupid enough that I put the glasses on back to my view and chaos followed after. I was just being a good kid following what my sister told me at the entrance.

            “DON’T EVER TAKE THE GLASSES OFF!” That deafening threat repeated again on my poor brain.

            Instead of getting amaze that hey! I’m now at high school in such a young age, with my Teacher’s introduction. Embarrassment overlapped this good thing about me when I slipped on the floor.

            As half of my hellish school day was done, I went out of the classroom and still hearing sneers from my classmates. I d the wall simply to get out of there and hoping I would not touch anything that would make me regret. Fate really played on me, unfortunate that it happened after wishing not to. Ridiculous.

            “Hey, Kid, watch your way!” I could not see them clearly, all I know was they have bad auras like my sister.

            I bowed at them for apology and thought they would leave me. I was wrong; they hold me on my collar in order to stop me from getting away from them.

            “I haven’t seen this boy before. Are you new?” One of them asked. So what if I’m new?

            “Hey, we have a replacement toy! Call Woobin quick!” I swear I could not really see their faces but this person sounded so excited like a monkey.

            “No need to. He’s here.” I wondered why that approaching person seemed so important. Maybe, he was their leader. Eh? That means doomsday was getting near.

            Before anyone from the group could notice, before that leader would have a chance to meet me, an almost-burning-soccer-ball interrupted the fate they wanted to take place. If Kim Woobin had not dodged it, which seemed to be aiming at his face, it could leave permanent mark on there. The ball hit the pillar, placing a huge crack on it while it was twisting madly. It only stopped after a minute passed.

            “Woah, that was close!” The gang leader’s heart was thumping hard as he inhaled and exhaled in the process.

            He faced his group and all he could see to their expressions were disappointment, not to him, but my disappearance to their grasp.

            “Dang! That new-geeky-boy escape.” The pimpled guy kicked the wall that scared the passing group of students at the corridor.

            “A monster must be protecting him.” Hyunjae added as arms folded on his chest.

            Their leader looked to be figuring out my identity with those words they dropped. s wondered at his reaction and came closer near him.

            “New? Monster?” With just keeping those as a clue on his mind, Woobin suddenly had a smirk on his lips.

            “Why? Do you know him?” Yoo curiously asked him.

            “He is someone’s dongsaeng.” He walked forward, passing his group. The boys’ faces behind him were as if they were given a riddle with the sentence he left them.

 

            Meanwhile, Noona dragged me along to her office recklessly. Her subordinates were surprised of her sudden appearance with the boy they had not met before. We passed their front like a strong wind and even blowing the papers lying on top of their tables.

            “PLEASE LEAVE US… NOW.” With that command (which surely was frightening), all the people on that room left in a swiftly manner.

            After we were isolated, Noona sat on her seat, exposing her true condition, which was being exhausted. She must have got this when she saved me. I was just at the center of the room, trembling. I could hear her loud catching of breath and was able to saw her clearly when I shakily took off the glasses in my eyes. She grabbed the crystal pitcher of water on her desk to transfer the remaining liquid on it to a glass.

            “I told you not to make any trouble.” She said before chugging the water without any pose.

            I was amazed while I was observing her but snapped back because I didn’t want to add more anger to her.

            “I-I did not.” I said stutteringly as I shook my head. “I’m…j-just passing through the corridor when I bumped to them.”

            She banged her hand on the wooden desk making me a bit jumpy. “Of all the people you were going to bump into, don’t you know how dangerous they are?” She stood up from her seat and came closer to me. “Chanyeol, watch your way! I’m not your babysitter to always watch over you and protect you!”

            How could I see my path clearly? Hello? You put a thick-framed-glass on my eyes which could have avoided that clash I had. I really wanted to say that but I was too scared at that time so I looked down instead and said. “I’m sorry.”

            “Yuu-chan, don’t be too harsh to your brother.” Me and my sister were stunned when we heard someone was with us. I could not believe someone would oppose what Noona just commanded to everyone.

            It made sense when both of us glanced to that person. He was smirking proudly, eyebrow raised and resting his back on the side of the door where he was standing.

            “Wow!” He walked forward to us now with an amaze face. “You both look so identical.”

            “Shut up, Woobin!” Noona snarled.

            “Woobin?”

            …

            …

            …

            I was sure I heard that name before.

 

つづく

 

A/N: Tell me if there are terms that are jargon to you so I'll create footnotes for you guys.