I Love Japan

My Gangsta Boy

          “Yah! Park Chanyeol-ah, aren’t you going home again?” ‘Sigh’ Do Noona really need to get angry with me all the time?

 

            Hi! I’m Park Chanyeol, 25 years old, an adult. The person who is yelling at me, that’s Park Yura. She’s my big sister and a 3 year senior to me. We never really spent our childhood days together but when we grew up; she always wants to stick around me.

            She’s very mad at me, especially now that I’m now in Japan and she’s there at Seoul. I don’t like being near to her. She keeps on nagging.

            I actually love where I am in the present, not because I hate being with Noona, but this is my dreamland since I was a kid. There must be a lot of Koreans that will kill me because I choose Japan over my motherland. Sorry people, this is my paradise for me and for my beloved.

 

            “I’m sorry, Noona.” I apologized while I’m talking to her on the other line. I’m there standing in front of the window, in that winter season and snows are falling from the sky.

            “So, when are you planning going back, huh? You’ve been there for almost ten years. You don’t want to visit here and you ask me and Mom to go there instead. How dare you?” My eardrums almost break with her whining.

            I want to talk but she keeps on blocking me with her words. I cannot even comprehend with some of it because she’s like a gun with unlimited ammo; what she is saying is so fast and loud.

            But after a few moments, she becomes silent.

            And then, she says.”It’s been a long time, Chanyeol. We miss you.”

            “I miss you too and Mom and Dad.” I can’t help but to smile and replied that to her.

            “THEN GO BACK HERE IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE US! YOU BRAT!” Ouch! She hangs up to me afterwards. What a sweet sister.

            I put my phone back in my pocket as I turn around and unintentionally place my eyes on the picture frame on top of the desk. My cute picture frame, it’s a limited edition One Piece collectible in red BG and Luffy is there with the whole gang. But, what really interests me is not the frame but what’s inside it.

 

            The picture shows me and the boy I used to know.

 

Ten years ago…

            A group of 5 high school students surrounded a boy that they had a habit of making fun of. All of them were wearing the same black gakuran (Japanese Style Uniform) and obviously they are from the same school.

            The boy is always bullied and asked for a shuttle by most notably these people, his senior. He had enough. In this day, under a fire tree on the hill of their school, this will be his last time to see them.

            He was facing down the ground while these boys circled around him. You could describe this boy like the Onion Boy on Gantz, if he said “Want some onion?”, PERFECT!

            “Oh, congratulations! You’ll be leaving us today!” One of them named Kim Eondeok (hill) sarcastically said to their victim. He was a pimpled guy and the most talkative in their team.

            “Since you will say goodbye soon, why don’t you treat us for a Farewell Party.” The boy named Jo Hyunjae who looks like the actor himself putted his arm around their favorite prey as he snorted. “Huh?”

            “Yes, that’s right.” Eondoek added more pressure for the boy. These two boys kept on pushing themselves to their cornered victim until this person shoved them off away from him. “Oh! So now you’re rebelling against us, huh? Because you’re getting out of this school, you’re being like this, huh? HUH?”

            “I WISH ALL OF YOU DIE! YOU DEMONS!” Eondeok almost hit him with what he said only if their leader did not hold his wrist.

            The pimpled student had a flabbergasted face when he turned looking at the tallest boy of them all. “Why?”

            Their leader just smirked on him then shifted his gaze to their favorite prey with a raised eyebrow.

            He chuckled just like his usual, as the villain of this boy’s life and said. “Sure, we’re not immortal; we’re really going to die but not as soon as you. We’ll make sure you’ll die first before us.” He came closer to the boy, forcing himself to him. “So, please make sure too that you’re not going to show your face again in front of us. Or else, we’ll kill you.

            The kid expressed his huge horror to what the leader told him. He was shaking and his was about to fall on the grass. All of them are glaring as if he did a big trouble with them. Why did he need to feel so much tension even this was his last day?

            “Yah! Kim Woobin-sshi, leave the boy alone!” Their attention was taken of a tall girl with long black hair and so prim and proper with her black seifuku.

            Their bullied victim used this opportunity to escape and to run. They wanted to chase him however the girl spread her right arm on her side to block their way.

            “Great! Your busybody girlfriend ruined our fun again!” Gong Yoo who looks like the actor himself chuckled in irritation while the only female in that field shot him a glare.

            “I’M NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND!” The girl disclaimed in a high toned. She did not want just to yell, she also wanted to beat him to death. If their leader did not hold her shoulder that she quickly shook off.

            “You guys leave us alone for now.” He commanded whice received a frustrated sigh to s. “Aish, do you want me to put force on you?”

            With that kind of threat, the boys quickly ran away in fear. They disliked it most when the tallest got angry because this always resulted for them have puffy faces the next day of school.

            After those boys were gone, a wide grin showed to their leader as he hooked his arm to the girl’s shoulder. She was not a fan of this touchy situation; automatically flinching whenever this occurred.

            “What’s the matter with you, Yuu-chan?” Woobin teased as he tried to place his arm again on the latter’s shoulder. It failed when the girl turned around to face him with a shock reaction.

            The girl then started hitting him on his arms. She seemed to despise this person so much.

            “Who told you to call me that?”

            “But, I’ve been calling you that since we were kids because your Mom calls you like that!” Woobin cried like a young child, blocking the hit with his huge hands.

            The girl signed him to shut his mouth with her index finger in the middle of her lips, getting observant with her surroundings. She looked the male again with her flaming eyes and gritting teeth. With the face the girl showing, Woobin did not know anymore if he was the bad person here.

            After a while, the girl calmed herself, realizing to her memories that this boy is right.

            Park Yura (yes, she’s my sister) and Kim Woobin were childhood friends. Noona lost the feeling of a sibling and this got back with the help of this guy. They were so close back on their kinder to elementary days. They had separate thoughts as they grew up, still talking and still hanging out sometimes, but secretly.

            Why would Noona find a brother if she had me? You’ll find out soon.

 

            “I really don’t want you hanging out with those kinds of people. That’s why I’m being like this.” Noona suddenly said with blushing cheeks. The latter’s eyes widened because of that and chuckled.

            “So, you’re worried about me?” He smirked. The girl turned her back in order to hide her embarrass feeling.

            “O-of course!” She unstably said. “We’re still friends, right?”

            Woobin felt like smiling and giving a disappointment at the same time. “Yes… friends.”

            “I hope not to see you on trouble again or else.” She looked on his direction again with seriousness on her. “I’ll be the one myself to turn you go on detention.”

            “Yes, Ms. President!” The tall boy saluted her.

            “Good.” She was about to leave Woobin behind not until this person interrupted her once more.

            “I heard from your Mom that your dongsaeng is coming back here.” She could not help but rotated herself again for the nth time just to face Woobin.

            “She said that?” The boy nodded, forcing her bit her lips in annoyance. She could not help curling her knuckles in to ball as well that was going to give you pain if it hit you.

            “What’s wrong with her saying that?” She whined.

            Woobin was puzzled of how she reacted to what he said, curious of the answer to this question. “Is he going to continue his middle school here?”

            “No!” She turned back again and now ready to leave for real. “He’s a SMART--IDIOT to be still in middle school!”

            “Wasn’t what you said contradicting to each other?” The leader did not receive a response to her since Noona was too far now.

 

            While she was walking on the meadows, she kept on spewing some incomprehensible words. Noona was angry with the fact that I was returning due to what I did that she thought ‘inappropriate’. She believed I might do the same behavior there that would ruin her Clean and Respectable Name as a President of the Student Body at that time.

            She could not stand it. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed a long distance number. When the rings stopped because someone answered it, it was like a trigger of a bomb that would explode.

            “Yah! PARK CHANYEOL-AH!” She yelled to the person on the other line that would be no other than me. Her voice scared the birds and other small creatures hiding on the grasses and trees, fleeing away from her.

            “H-hai, dare?” (Trans: Yes, who are you?)

            Noona’s eyes sharpened before she chuckled darkly. “Don’t dare not to recognize me. YOU EVIL BRAT!”

            “Gomenasai, demo, boku wa hontōni anata no shiranai.” (Trans: I’m sorry, but, I really don’t know you) The Japanese speaking person started to get scared with her rage as you could feel on his shaky voice.

            “SHUT UP! You should have not done something that will make me shameful!” Her words kept on coming but it was getting beyond to understand again.

            “Gomen, mō shirimasen.” (Trans: Sorry, I can’t understand you anymore.)

            “Stop speaking Japanese on me! You’re borned as Korean! You—”

            “Jā.” (Trans: Bye) I then hung up on her. It simply made her anger flare more.

            “Aish! PARK CHANYEOL!”

 

            On the other end of the line, buildings with Japanese Characters written in the Led lights shone in vibrant colors were everywhere. There were a lot of people wearing interesting clothes and you would not know if that was their normal clothes or they were having cosplay on the spring streets. The place was like one of the scene you were seeing in the anime or manga, at the street sign 秋葉原 (Akihabara) was written on it.

            “Who was that, Chanyeol?” My friend name Daiki asked me. He is my senior in middle school and he was really short to me (do I need to add that?).

            Both of us were not like those people, we were both wearing normal clothes. Black shirts pasted with Animax Musix white text on it, skinny jeans and pair of black chucks. The color of our hairs showed that we were not your ordinary teenage boy though. Daiki-Senpai painted his dark purple while mine is light blonde with hot pink highlights.

            “I can’t seriously understand what she is saying.” I said as we passed the pedestrian with the random people.

            “She’s loud.

            “I know.

 

            What happened to me at school made us both slack off for the mean time. We were heading our way to a Maid Café to have coffee; then, we were going to the Anime Specialty Store to buy some souvenir that I would bring to Korea. Too bad, I would be leaving this place I treated as paradise. A paradise for an otaku like me.

            Later that night, our shirts got sense when we join the crowd enjoying the anime OSTs live. All of us bonded to the rhythm of the songs the Japanese Singers performed, swaying colorful light-sticks on our hands. It was a fun concert.

            “I’ll miss you, Chanyeol!” My senpai shouted, neon lights flashing on his face.

            I laughed at him with a quizzical expression. “Why? I’m not parting with you tonight! We’re still going to the salon tomorrow to change my hair color!”

            “Oh!

            “Don’t ditch me tomorrow, ok?

            “No!

 

            In my early age, people other than my family discovered that I am a prodigy. Japanese government quickly invited yours truly to study in their country inside a School exclusive only for children not having an IQ below 130. South Korea did not have a chance to become aware of my existing because Japan locked me in their territory before they would know. Due to that, not anyone from my family knew a boy with 210 IQ used to live with them.

            I could still remember my 8-year-old sister back then cried when I left them, she did not want to send her brother away. She loved so much. As we grew, love became envy on her.

            My parents who were both University Professors only speaks Japanese at home so they will get used of this whenever we had phone conversation or whenever we met again. Noona was left alone. All she would always hear to my parents boasting about with their friends and neighbors. She created her name popular on her own in her school. She was successful by getting praise from every people she encountered; yet, she was unable to get praises from our own parents.

            It seemed she cursed me.

 

            When I reach middle school, she spoke with me one time by the phone which made me happy. The only purpose of her call was to ask me. “Have you tried to go Shibuya? Harajuku? Or, what about Shinjuku?

            I answered her yes. Well yeah, my classmates and I passed that whenever we had our Educational Trip.

            “That’s great. They said those places are paradise.

            Paradise? \ˈper-ə-ˌdīs, -ˌdīz, ˈpa-rə-\ This is define as a very beautiful, pleasant, or peaceful place that seems to be perfect. I got curious with what she said because of the definition travelling to my mind.

 

            Arioka Daiki, my closest friend in the academy, told me more about those places. I started drowning in fascination like, hey! I want to go to those areas.

            One night, we sneaked in without the school knowing. We said we’ll only do it once, but that once became frequent then always. We both got addicted with the anime world we saw outside our books and strict academic rules.  Until, yes, this day came.

 

            We were caught red-handed one time and this will be also the last. One of the teachers detected we were doing something fishy, followed us on the cross-dress maid café. We were having part time there not for additional allowance but for our desire as an otaku.

            The board kicked me out while they let Senpai to graduate the middle school level. They know I’m one of the best, however they thought of me as something who got stained by ordinary people and much worse they call otakus as trash and looser.

            And, that’s how I lost my shine as a bright kid.

 

            One rainy day, why there would be there be this dang rain in the beautiful spring season anyway? This is not just a normal one but heavy water flew from above. Noona was looking the pouring rain on the window judgingly, arms folded on her chest. All of a sudden, her phone rang.

            “Yes, Umma.” She answered coldly.

            “Yuu-Chan, there’s an emergency meeting in the faculty. Can you please pick your brother at the airport?” Noona rolled her eyes after hearing Mom’s pet name to her again. She did not notice the most important point of what our mother said to her. Not until, she gasped and realized it.

            “What? Mom, I can’t! It’s raining hard.” She complained but that seemed not to affect Mom as she clicked her tounge on the other line.

            “If I just can, I cannot let your precious brother hang in there.” Yes, precious. This made my sister had her irritated feelings to me again.

            “I really can’t, Um—”

            “I need to go, bye!

            “Umma!” All she heard on the other line was beeping. Great! Her steaming anger aroused on her again. "Argh! Like mother like son."

            Noona almost threw her pink flip phone but she remembered it was too special because it was a limited edition. She growled instead and placed it back to her pocket. She walked with stomping feet to the door, picked her coat and umbrella on the hanger then slammed the door as she closed it.

 

            Her annoyed emotion loosened when she arrived to the airport, too soon, this came back to her.

            “Noona!” How could I not recognize her? She looked almost like me, it was just that she had a not amuse face. I stopped coming to her as see her with that expression; because instead of anticipation to my sibling again, fear overwhelmed me.

            She gritted her teeth with a glaring eyes on me, running to my direction. Uh oh! I’m doomed.

            “PINK HAIR?” Noona exclaimed as she pulled my hair.

            Yes, it was the same color of Sakura. With just my strands, I wanted to remember Japan in a simple way. She appeared to disagree with my liking, dragging me away in the hair while everyone else looking at us in that scene.

            “I’M NOT GOING TO ALLOW YOU TURN MY LIFE TO CIRCUS!”

つづく

 

A/N: There you have it! I did not mean to keep you waiting but I'm having a damn crisis. I'm not busy with my work anymore. You know why? It 's the end of my contract with my company. I supposedly out of their now if my Manager did not ask us to stay. With this, life becomes confusing to me. This supposedly to be an Author's Note but turns to be a "Note" asking for self-advice. Can someone help me with a decision I need to make? They say I'm young. Yeah, I'm 22 (Korean 23) and someone said I'm still a baby. But come on, I need to get myself together! One of my college friend and classmate told me to go back to teaching where supposedly the world I should be now. I'm ready to leave the company, half-heartedly though. So now here is my question for all of you. Should I stay and let them extend my contract? Or, should I get now to my real carreer path which is Education? Please help me guys! Pretty please...

 

Enough of this, I should really be doing A.N. now. I watched Woobin's teenage drama for the sake inspiration, like White Christmas and School 2013. Nah, I'm just kidding guys. This is in the middle of my mind while I'm creating A.P.O.F. Please wait for the next chapters ^_^

I do apologize for turning Yura-Unni to some loud high student. I'm not even sure if she'll get noisier or not for the upcoming part of this. Now, I need another help. Can someone give me the link of "Friends 2 movie with English Sub (sorry, this 바보 Korean Student should understand what they are saying but now she turns to loose her screw)? I wanted to watch it so badly though my elders are glaring at me even I'm still planning it. Please! Please! Please! People! 

I really love this fic because I can show you my Otaku side. Feel free to tell me if the font hurts your eyes, I'll change it.

じゃあね!

HN(❁´◡`❁)