Chapter 18

Why did I fall in love with you? [sequel to I WANT BOYFRIEND TO BE MY BOYFRIENDS]

 

Hyun Min’s POV

I woke up with a blurry vision. I rubbed my eyes gently, and then noticed that I am on the clinic bed.

There was only one person in my mind, Lee Minho.

When I stood up, my mind got a little dizzy. It shook me a little before I almost fell down. Luckily, I was able to hold at the bed for support.

Seeing that the nurse wasn’t in, I went out ... running. The next thing I knew, I was looking for Minho. Then I saw myself at the rooftop.

There, I saw Minho. He was sitting with both knees bent and his head resting to it. Then I carried myself nearer to him.

“What is it?” he suddenly said, lifting his head. He did lift his head, but he didn’t turn to look at me.

I gasped, thinking of how he knew I was here.

“I heard your footsteps, it’s too loud.” He said.

Another gasp came when he answered my thoughts.

“Ah—h-hey ... what are you doing here?” I asked.

“About a while ago, I want to talk about it.” I added.

“Don’t worry, your parents will not be called anymore” he said, still, not looking at me.

“How about yours?” I asked but he didn’t respond.

I grabbed his shoulders and turned him around. I was shocked when I saw his clear face. He was a bit teary and he has a bruise in his lower left lip.

“What happened?” I asked

“It’s nothing”

I did not let go of his shoulders. He didn’t look me in the eye and just slightly turned his head to the left side, hiding his bruise. Silence ran around for a while. Wind breeze is the only thing we can hear. Still, we are standing still with my hand in his shoulders and his face on the side.

“Can you lend me your shoulder?” he asked, breaking the silence.

“Y-yes. Of course” I replied.

He then pushed me nearer to him and his head was gently resting in my shoulder. Right then, he just cried and sobbed silently. My hand slowly moved and went to tap his back, caressing and comforting him. Remembering what happened last night, he cried in front of me again.

“Minho-ah, you always cry in front of me. Do you usually cry in front of women, like your mom?” I said.

“She must be very hurt seeing you cry everytime” I continued.

Saying those words, I thought it would comfort him. Instead, he cried even more.

“Will she? I did not know that” he said.

“I haven’t cried in front of my mom”

“Should I stop crying now? Maybe she’ll see me crying now” he whispered.

“Minho, we are at school, of course she won’t see you” I said.

“She can, she already passed away. Her soul might just be roaming around, looking at me, at us. Maybe she’ll see me cry,” he said.

“Minho, what are you talking about?” I asked.

“She died last night” he said.

Then, he lifted his head and looked up in the clear blue sky.

“I haven’t even seen her” he said

“Even once?” I asked.

“Yes. My father took me away from her”

“Oh, you must be feeling very sad.”

“I guess so” he said.

“So that’s why you have been a bad guy”

“Hmm... seeing someone hurt, I feel happy. That way, I won’t feel alone. Why? Cause I won’t think that I am the only one that’s hurting.” He said..

“Minho-ah” I said.

“But.. You know.. I really hate hurting people. I feel like I have become like my father, hurting me and mom.”

“You are not alone, there is Henry and the others” I said.

“Henri punched me a while ago. This bruise was because of him” he said.

“Why?”

“He got mad because I told the principal the truth.”

“That jerk! He even pushed Hye Rin.” I said.

“I’m sorry about that” he said.

“No, Henri should be sorry to both of you” I said.

“Hmm.” Was all he could say.

“When you were crying last night, it was not a fake right?” I asked.

“Henri brought this plan up. I did not plan to continue it but they told me that they already gave you the letter. The letter that said I want to meet with you. I had no choice but to go. I was thinking, If I don’t go, you would go there and wait under the cold night, alone. So I went. I was waiting for you and tell you to go back to your dorm immediately. But while a I was waiting, dad called me up, saying that my mom died just that minute. It broke my heart. Knowing that I haven’t seen her yet, it hurt me a lot. I did not even have the chance to see her on our summer break. I can’t help it, I was not able to control myself so I cried. They set us up” he explained.

“Oh”

“I am so sorry” he said.

“It was not your fault.” I said.

“You are the first person who saw me cry, you know?” he said.

“I should be lucky then”

“Yes, you surely are”

“Is this a movie? HAHA. I feel like I am casting a very dramatic movie.” I said, wiping my tears away, and trying to raise the atmosphere higher.

“Yah! You should pay me for my service! I lend you my shoulder. Do you even know how heavy your head was?! “ I continued giving a give-me-money pose.

In return, he laughed.

“There you go. You should try to keep that face.” I said. Then he smiled again.

“See? Even though you are a bully, whenever I see that smile, I think you are a nice person” I said.

“yah! Are you trying to flatter me?” he said.

“Haha, no. You are turning tomato red by yourself” I said.

He reacted shyly and turned his face.

“Hey, stop it already” he said.

I laughed in his reaction.

“Anyways, thanks” he said.

“For what?”

“For making me happy, for rising up my mood, for lending me your shoulder, for making me laugh, and for comforting me. Thanks for everything” he said sincerely.

“It’s nothing.” I said.

“Don’t act like you are someone humble!” he said while shuffling my hair.

“Hey, my hair! Anyway, I am humble myself already!” I said.

Then the rooftop was filled with laughter with only 2 persons containing.