V

Surreptitious

 


 

“Thank you for today, don’t forget the essay which is due next week, good afternoon class, see you tomorrow,” Hakyeon announced as he brought his laptop on his side.

As expected, Eunyoung went out from the class to catch him up.

“S-sir, can I have additional class after school this afternoon?” Eunyoung timidly asked. Hakyeon sighed, his expression didn’t show much, “I don’t think you’ll need that anymore, Eunyoung-ssi?”

Eunyoung’s eyes widened, her heart beat faster. “Sir?”

“There’s something happening with you, Eunyoung. It’s weird for a person that lives with another people who obviously speak English really well, can’t speak English.”

Busted.

“It’s not that I don’t want to help you anymore, but I don’t think that you even need a help from me.”

Do you hate me now?

“I know it’s a bit childish to be mad at you, and in fact I’m not mad at you.”

Then what?

“I’m disappointed in you.”

Oh.

“You’re playing pretend.”

Are you happy that I don’t need you anymore?

“You don’t need me, even since the first time, right?”

Or maybe, are you sad that I don’t need you anymore?

Impossible.

 

“Good afternoon, Miss Eunyoung,” Jiyeop—the driver—said while politely opened the door for the young miss. Eunyoung got into the car without replying—well, what Jiyeop said was rhetorical tbh.

The drive went silent, as usual. But this time gloomy aura spread. “Miss, something happened? You don’t look cheerful like always.”

Slightly looking to the rear mirror, Eunyoung kept his hand rested on the window, supporting her head, and said “Nothing.”

Seconds passed with slow music blasting through the car stereo. Suddenly, feeling a presence of a tissue box in front of her, Eunyoung turned her head.

“Wipe down your tears, Miss Eunyoung,” Jiyeop quietly said.

Oh, was it that noticeable?

Eunyoung blinked and tears streamed down through her thin cheeks. “Thanks,” she said almost in whisper. The young miss could see Jiyeop smiling warmly through the rear mirror. “You can always tell me about your problems, miss. I’d be willing to help, with all my might.”

Eunyoung nodded, “Thanks.”

 

The next day, Hakyeon didn’t see Eunyoung in class. He raised an eyebrow when he called Eunyoung’s name but no answer. He put a cross mark on his presence list, while mumbling “Where the heck is she going”

Lesson ended 1½ hours later. Hakyeon walked straight to his office to have a short meal since he had no class that time. He opened his office door, only to be surprised by the presence of his missing student, sleeping peacefully on the couch.

He walked quietly towards the couch, and nearly tripped on his own feet when he saw Eunyoung’s pose was a bit revealing—oh, everyone knows how short Korean uniforms are. Hakyeon shook his head and quickly took off his outer blazer, and wrap it onto Eunyoung’s legs.

Ruining his hair, frustrated, Hakyeon loosened his tie and sat loosely on his swivel chair. He remembered he was hungry, but suddenly lost his appetite. He decided to just mark some paper, or maybe play some classic games on his laptop.

 

Eunyoung stirred from her sleep. She woke up, and surprised that her legs were covered by Hakyeon’s blazer. Her heart beat faster as soon as she heard a faint sound of mouse-clicking.

Oh, so he’s here, she thought.

“Sir,” Eunyoung called, voice fragile. “Hm,” he replied without shifting his gaze towards the girl. Eunyoung stood up and walked towards her teacher’s desk. “I’m really sorry for…” Hakyeon waited, for a full 1 minute, but nothing was heard. He managed to look at Eunyoung’s eyes, “For?”

But then a crystal clear liquid fell from her gorgeous eyes. “I’m sorry, for every lies I’ve told you,” Eunyoung said. “I’ve been lying all these times. I’ve been pretending that—”

“Why would you lie?”

Eunyoung was taken aback. No way that she confess her feelings now, right? But it’s finally the time. It’s the moment. Even though she’s never expected this to happen, she needed to tell him.

“Because I wanted to be with you, a bit longer than the other student do.” She finally said.

Hakyeon was shocked, but he hid it well. He leaned into his chair deeper, crossing his leg beneath the table, and sighed.

“I… I li-like you, Hakyeon-ssaem, t-that’s why!” Her hands clasped on her chest, legs trembling because of the nervousness.

“But that’s not how you express it,” Hakyeon looked sideways.

Eunyoung lost. Eunyoung wiped a few more tears that dropped from her eyes. “I’m…”

“You know what, Joo Eunyoung,” Hakyeon said, voice low and quiet. Eunyoung turned her head, and her watery eyes was scared to look at Hakyeon’s. “I’m disappointed in you. I really put my effort in teaching you all these stuff, it’s like you’re playing a joke on me.”

Yeah, I was wrong.

“Now all of my efforts go waste just like that, because you didn’t even need them on the first place.”

Stop, I get it.

“You missed my class. Do you think you’re the smartest so you think you don’t need to be in my class?”

Stop, it hurts.

“Where’s your sanity, Eunyoung? This is for the sake of your grade! What if I don’t want to help you, are you going to pretend that you’re stupid for the rest of your life?”

“I’m sorry…” Eunyoung wept. “I’m really sorry, Sir…” Hakyeon heaved a heavy sigh. “Go back to your class, and don’t miss any more class,” he replied coldly.

Eunyoung couldn’t reply anymore. She dragged her feet outside the office, and hoped that no one will suspect her for crying after talking to Hakyeon.

 

Few days passed, Eunyoung had passed the exam week successfully. Though Hakyeon wouldn’t get off from her mind, she studied hard. After a full week of semester test, Eunyoung could finally have 2 weeks of holiday.

Walking with her bag slung on her shoulder, talking absent-mindedly with her friend Jinhee at the empty hall, her heart dropped suddenly at the sight of her hugest crush, Sir Cha Hakyeon, walking casually with his laptop on his side.

Jinhee greeted, “Good afternoon, Sir! Have a great holiday!” Hakyeon smiled as a reply, “You too, Jinhee-ssi.”

Eunyoung had her eyes fixed on the ground.

Her steps were unsure.

But his were.

 

 

 

—;

hey! back with a short chappie. i've thought that this fic wouldn't be long too haha it's only 27 pages in my laptop, so i endure the last chapters. the last update was a bit longer than usual huh? so i decided to just give you subbies a short update lol soRRY. the next update will probably the last chapter. so please look forward to it! for you readers that haven't subscribed yet, don't forget to hit the subscribe button, and to all readers, hit the upvote button 'cus it'll mean a lot to me. also, please your thoughts on the comment box below so that i can know your feedbacks and opinion. thanks and love you a lot!<3