I

Surreptitious

 


 

“Thank you for today, class. I’ll see you tomorrow for another pop quiz,” The male teacher said. “Oh and, Eunyoung-ssi.”

The said girl looked up with much anticipation.

“Yes?”

The teacher sighed, and mentally shaking his head, he said, “If you fail again this time, you’ll have to see me at my office after class.”

Eunyoung giggled and inaudibly whispered, “I’d love to.”

 

 

Joo Eunyoung, in her third year of high school, wasn’t literally having a serious problem in her studies. Well, probably because she mostly did those on purpose.

Because for God’s sake, she fails only in English. Only, in English.

And her English teacher was Cha Hakyeon—OMG, like the hottest teacher in school, duh—at least in Eunyoung’s eyes.

 

 

Hakyeon left the class, but his peace didn’t come easily. Not so long after, he heard Eunyoung’s—shrilling—voice.

“Wait, wait, Sir!”

He turned around, “Yes?”

“I’m not quite understood yet about this part, can you um… Explain it to me again, just a little bit?” Narrowing her eyes and pinching the thin air, she acted.

Hakyeon sighed, “Okay, you can look for me at my office after school today, and I’ll give you some more addition lessons.”

Eunyoung’s eyes twinkle, this is beyond her expectations. “For real? I-I mean, can I?”

The older finally smiled, seeing the young girl hopping in joy, “Yes you can. I gotta go to my next class, see you after school.”

The latter bowed, “Sure, see you, Sir!”

 

 

“Remember, if the subject’s more than one, such as ‘we’, ‘they’, and if the subject is ‘I’ and ‘you’, you shouldn’t add the ‘-s’ and ‘-es’ after the verb.”

Hakyeon proudly said as he scribbles on the board with the chalk. “Understand?”

Eunyoung wasn’t exactly paying attention to the Hakyeon just said—like duh, I’ve mastered English since birth—she mentally said.

“Eunyoung, why are you spacing out?” the teacher asked, a slight concern was visible on his face. “Are you not paying attention?”

Eunyoung hastily shook her head, “No, Sir! I’m sorry,” and made the male teacher sighed. “Should I repeat again?” asked him. Afraid that her favorite teacher might be pissed off, she shook her head again, “No, I’ve understood.”

Hakyeon nodded, “That’s good. Now,” he took a seat on the seat in front of Eunyoung. Seated backwards, Hakyeon took Eunyoung’s thick book and scanned the pages. “Try this exercise.”

Psh, piece of cake.

She pretended to think hard in answering the first question. Plus, the fact that Hakyeon was right in front of her, staring at her—not literally, only in Eunyoung’s mind—wasn’t helping at all.

“Look, you only have to change the subject into either ‘he’, ‘she’, or ‘it’, and then add the ‘-s’ and ‘-es’ to the verbs, easy right?” Hakyeon said, pointing the words on the book—slightly getting nearer to his student.

Eunyoung’s heart beat ridiculously fast. it, Ms. Joo!

“Like this?” she asked, even though she knew her answer was right. Sometimes she needed to amuse her teacher too. Hakyeon checked her answer then nodded inwards. “Correct, that’s nice. Now, please do number two.”

Eunyoung smiled brightly, “Really? That’s cool!” Well, bright enough, to even make Hakyeon smiled back. “Let’s do number two,” Eunyoung her lips and read the next question.

‘I feed my dog.’

Oh my God, this is a preschool-er’s question.

“Um…” Eunyoung bit her lip. “So I just need to add the ‘-s’ after the word ‘feed’ right?” Hakyeon shook his head, “Yes, but remember, the subject is ‘I’, and you have to change it to either ‘he’, ‘she’, or ‘it’ if you want to add the ‘-s’ to the verb.”

“But you said, if the subject is more than one—”

“But you don’t have to add the ‘-s’ if the subject is ‘I’ or ‘you’.”

Eunyoung acknowledge, “Oh! Yes, I remember now,” she then giggled. “I’m sorry.” The teacher nodded, “That’s okay.”

 

 

“Sir?”

Yeah?”

Eunyoung looked right to her favorite teacher’s eyes, “Can I ask you something?” The teacher was a bit surprised, “Sure, anything.”

“Um, what’s your favorite food?”

Spending 3 seconds to think, Hakyeon finally answered, “Chicken.”

Eunyoung’s eyes widened, “You’re kidding! I love chicken!” and made Hakyeon chuckled, “Yeah?” The girl nodded excitedly, “Of course! I like seasoned chicken the best!” Hakyeon cheekily smiled.

“Sir, what’s your favorite color?” “Red.”

 “Aren’t you going to ask mine?” Eunyoung raised an eyebrow. The older laughed, “Okay, what’s yours.”

“Mine’s blue.”

“Blue is a nice color.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“June 30th,” knowing that the girl will ­cry if he doesn’t ask her back, he chuckled, “What about you?”

“June 12th, our birthdates are in the same month!” Eunyoung said in much happiness. The older could only smile.

 

 

“I think that’s all for today. I really hope you could pass the test tomorrow,” Hakyeon said. “Eunyoung, listen.”

Eunyoung, who was cleaning the board, turned her head, “Hm?”

Resting his hand on the table and the other on his hip, he spoke, “I know that English is a pretty hard subject for us, Koreans, but it’s very important, and I’m sure you can do better than this.”

Eunyoung was taken aback. Placing the dusty eraser back on its place, she turned very quiet. Hearing no answers from the student, Hakyeon sighed, “I see you’ve potentials. And I’m expecting more from you. Moreover, English’s one of the subject for your graduation exam. You’ll have to work hard to pass.”

The long-haired nodded slowly, “Yes, Sir. I’m sorry.”

“No, you don’t have to be sorry. I want you to work a little harder than now. Don’t you want to achieve more than just D? If you don’t understand, you can always ask me. Pay attention in class, and please be focused,” Hakyeon said.

Eunyoung nodded again, “Okay, Sir.” The teacher nodded back, “Good.”

“See you tomorrow.”

 

 

Eunyoung was confused, should she pass the test this time? She could get an A+ without studying though, and she could amuse Hakyeon too. But that way, she won’t be having another addition class like today anymore.

She’d rather have terrible grades. For the sake of her love life! She’d be willing to fail her English exams only to see Hakyeon after school.

 

Hakyeon wasn’t in her reach. Hakyeon was so far from her.

 

Hakyeon was 24 and she was 18. But she didn’t care.

 

Age is just a number.

 

Teacher is just a profession, and he is still a human. And so is she.

 

Hakyeon is a guy, and Eunyoung is a girl, that’s normal.

 

As long as I fell in love a human, that’d be okay. 

 

 

 

—;

hello! 1st chapter for Surreptitious, can i have a yeay? sorry i took so long to update, bet you guys are curious, eh? /slaps/ hope you enjoy the first chapter, dear wonderful subbies! and wow, one upvote for only foreword? geez, thanks xiumin120801

please hit subscribe, and don't forget to leave your comments down there, they'll be highly appreciated. and, upvote pls hehe<3