Chapter 1

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning my love," a voice sings as someone walks over to the table. There's a thunk as Mina's head drops to the table, trying to bury herself further down and as far as possible away from Kim Jongin. 

She hears the seat next to her scratch against the floor as it's pulled and feels Jongin snuggling up against her. The sound of giggles sparking from Jimin across Mina has her throwing a glare at her best friend. Jongin promptly perks up upon seeing her lift her head up and smiles before poking at Mina's arm.

"Mina~, let's go get ice cream after fourth period," he sings, cheek rested against his palm as he gazes down at her. 

"Jongin I'm already going out to lunch with-"

"Cancel your plans for me," he asks, jutting his bottom lip out as begins to invade Mina's personal space.

"Try. Again. Next time," Tao interrupts as he begins to push Jongin away, palm pressed against the younger's forehead. A whine falls from Jongin's mouth as he's shoved out of his chair, sparking a laugh from Mina. She glances up at Tao with a thankful smile and then the next thing they know is the bell is ringing for class to start. 

Jongin sits on the floor, a goofy smile still on his face. Alright, he had to admit, he didn't mind if Mina laughed at him because he fell out of his chair. That's just how much he liked her. 

-

Jongin's smile carries out all through the day. Kyungsoo keeps sending him looks of pity at lunch and Sehun only snorts before stealing Jongin's food seeing as Jongin himself wasn't even eating. 

"Jongin don't you think it's time to give up," Kyungsoo asks as he eyes Sehun stealing another piece of meat from Jongin's plate. ("Stop that," he chides, slapping his spoon against Sehun's hand. Sehun whines, sending Kyungsoo a look of his own before going back to finish his own food.)

Jongin blinks out of his trance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter