Perfect

Drabble Collection

Dongwoo stood in front of the full length mirror in his bathroom and frowned, turning to look at himself in different angles. Sure, his eyes were a little too far apart, and his teeth were awkwardly shaped, and maybe his mouth was too big and his lips too thick, but that didn't make him ugly, did it? So then why did that comment pop up time and time again?
Comments on his height were frequent as well, and even the ones meant only teasingly by his friends still stung. He could work out as much as he wanted - and he did - and he could be in the best shape he could achieve - which he was - but nothing could help that aspect. 
He held in a sigh and stepped up onto his toes, pretending for a moment that was his actual height. Average. That's all he was asking for. He didn't need to be a giant, he just wanted to be tall enough to stop the teasing.
He sunk back down to his regular, pitiful height and let out a frustrated sigh. Even insoles didn't do much, as fans never hesitated to point out when he was wearing them. He was at a loss; there was really nothing he could do about it.
He got up on his toes again and closed his eyes, fighting back tears. It was stupid, he knew, to get upset over this so often, but it wasn't like anything would change. 
He stretched his feet as far as they would go, imagining that he'd stay this height if he tried hard enough. 
He only opened his eyes when he felt a tear roll down his face, and he blinked away at his blurry vision as he wiped blindly at his cheek.

"Dongwoo?" Came a familiar voice from behind him, and he jumped in surprise. He hadn't heard anyone opening the bathroom door.
"S-Sungyeol-ah, hey-" He stammered, rubbing his eyes in an attempt to hide the evidence, but he knew it was too late.
"Baby, what's wrong?" The taller boy asked, walking to his boyfriend's side immediately.
"Nothing-" Dongwoo hiccuped, offering him a shaky smile.
"You're a terrible liar, you know that?" Sungyeol said gently, looking at the elder with pressing eyes.
Dongwoo inhaled slowly and bit his lip before looking up at his lover.
"I know I'm short, but you don't think I'm..ugly, do you?" He asked, his voice soft, fragile.
Sungyeol looked positively taken aback.
"Hyung- you're kidding, right?" He asked incredulously. Dongwoo's eyes were downcast.
"You're not, are you?" Sungyeol sighed, wrapping his arms around his lover's torso and resting his chin on the top of his head.
"First of all, love, being short isn't a bad thing. Hell, I love your height. I think it's one of the cutest things about you. I love how you fit against me, and how precious you are when you get up on your toes to kiss me, and how I can cuddle you and not get your hair in my face. Not to mention you make a great head rest." He chuckled, giving the younger boy a gentle squeeze before continuing. "And ugly? Baby I have no idea where you got that from. You're incredibly good looking. You have the softest skin-" He said, bringing his hand up to trace his fingertips along Dongwoo's cheek, "And a jawline so sharp I have to be careful when I touch it." His fingertips wandered down to trace that before coming down to rest on his shoulders. "You have the kindest, most alive eyes I've ever seen - not to mention seductive, too. Your lips are full and perfect, there's never a moment I don't want to kiss you, and you have hands down the most amazing smile in the world. That's just all above the shoulders too, but I hope, by now, you don't need me to tell you how much I love your body. And honestly, even if you weren't as attractive as you are, you have the most beautiful personality I've ever seen, so that defeats anything else anyway."
Dongwoo paused for a moment, trying to take his boyfriend's words in.
"Do you really mean that?" He asked, wiping away the last stray tear.
"I wouldn't say it if I didn't. You're perfect to me." Sungyeol said, and Dongwoo couldn't detect even a hint of a lie in his tone. He took a deep breath and cracked a smile, looking up at the younger boy.
"I love you, Sungyeol-ah."
"I love you too, cutie. Now let me kiss those perfect lips." He chuckled, and Dongwoo turned around in his arms and got up on his toes, leaning in to press their lips together. As Dongwoo felt Sungyeol smile into the kiss, he hugged him tightly and felt as his insecurities faded away one by one.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

Unedited but yeah... I was in the mood for fluff and I asked my friend for a prompt, and she gave me a Sungyeol comforting an insecure Dongwoo, and here it is~^^