No, you hang up first!

No, you hang up first!

 

 

''You hang up first.''

 

''No, you hang up first!''

 

Kyungsoo can't believe they're saying these things to each other in this kind of situation. But it was Chanyeol's fault after all. If he didn't turn up late and started to pick up their last argument, then they wouldn't have been here, in this situation.

 

Chanyeol's sigh was heard on the other end of the line.

 

''Look, Soo.. I-''

 

''How many times do I have to tell you?! No matter what you say it won't change anything. Apologizing won't do, we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.''

 

''Excuse me then. I'm sorry for being at the wrong place and the wrong time in your life!''

 

If they continue arguing like this then they can't make up before time runs out. Kyungsoo tightened his grip around the telephone he's holding and looks up at Chanyeol for the first time in a while.

 

''We both have been wrong..and stupid.''

 

The taller snorted. ''We both have,''

 

The way he looked at him was the reason why Kyungsoo had accepted Chanyeol to be his and he to be Chanyeol's. His smile, not his goofy smile, but his charming smile. The one that made him feel safe and secure no matter what happened.. No matter what.

 

''and still are.'' Chanyeol replied with an amused voice. He placed his hand on the thick piece of glass that was separating them. Kyungsoo didn't hesitate to follow his movements and they both end up looking at their hands that couldn't touch each other, Kyungsoo's hand a bit smaller than Chanyeol's, but both knew they would fit perfectly.

 

Kyungsoo looked at the objects that were displayed behind Chanyeol. ''I don't want us to end.''

 

Chanyeol looked at the objects that were displayed behind Kyungsoo. ''Me neither.''

 

They don't know how long they have been in their separate rooms, both being identical. Both have been isolated from the outside world, imprisoned by steel walls with no chance of escape.

 

'Within half an hour,' They said. 'then you made your decision.'

 

The light brown stools in their rooms were standing out compared to the gray walls, but they didn't stood out as much as the ropes that hung from the ceilings.

 

'One has to hang up,' They said. 'then the other would be free.'

 

Their expressions were different from how they really felt. Both looking at each other with a small smile and a calm expression, while they were trembling and so afraid on the inside, afraid to make the other worry about him. Maybe they don't love each other after all. They are afraid to show their true feelings.

 

''Kyungsoo.''

 

Kyungsoo's heartbeat sped up. This might be the last thing he hears of his voice. The last time he hears his name being spoken by the other.

 

''It's going to be alright, trust me.''

 

Such a beautiful lie. Kyungsoo hates it when Chanyeol lies, but now it doesn't matter. The way he says it makes him feel better.

 

''I-''

 

Something wrong. Chanyeol's lips move but the words aren't audible. Kyungsoo gives him a questioning look and asked him to repeat it. Now it was Chanyeol's turn to look confused. He said something again, but still no sound. Then realization both hit them.

 

Time's up.

 

'If none of you decides to hang up,' They said. 'then you both will die a slowly and painful dead.'

 

Noises came from behind the metal doors. They are coming to get them. Probably their kidnappers are disappointed, their sick game resulted with still two alive, not what they wanted. They thought they found an easy target, a couple having a fight in front of the deserted parking lot, and that they were already physically hurt. They were gambling fanatics, searching for new and different ways to gamble their money. Placing a bet on the one who hanged himself up first was now their new found entertainment. But no one hung up, so that means no one won or lost, meaning no one gets money. They sure won't go easy on them.

 

Kyungsoo looked at his door and started to tremble. Soft knocking from the other side of the glass made him look back. Chanyeol showed him a loving smile. Kyungsoo would've yelled at him that now wasn't the time to smile, yet he knew the other was right, so he smiled back at him. He rather wants his last memory be of him smiling than being afraid.

 

Chanyeol let go of the telephone and gave him a last look before letting his hand slide off the glass and walked to the rope. The smile faded from Kyungsoo's face and his eyes grew wider. He couldn't believe what was going to happen. Chanyeol must be joking, right?

 

Though, Kyungsoo knew that when Chanyeol stepped on the stool that he wasn't joking at all. He dropped his telephone and started to slam against the wall. His screams weren't heard by Chanyeol, but Chanyeol knew the other was.

 

He stopped hitting the thick glass when he noticed Chanyeol looking at him, still with a smile on his face, waiting for his attention.

 

''Chanyeol don't!'' He pleaded.

 

'Kyungsoo'

 

Kyungsoo could see by the way his lips move that his name was spoken, and also what was said after that.

 

'I love you.' 

 

The last sound that was made in Chanyeol's room came from the stool that fell against the ground. Kyungsoo was quite. He had stopped breathing, moving and thinking. He was in complete shock and stopped malfunctioning.

 

 

Guilt was the first thing he felt, he didn't return it. Chanyeol died for him and he didn't returned that he loved him. 

Blame. He had been blaming Chanyeol all the time while the one who was to blame was himself. It wasn't Chanyeol's fault, it was his.

Sadness. He lost the one he loved for something he could prevent.

Anger. He was angry at himself for making both of them feel worse and not have a chance to say he was sorry.

 

It all happened so fast that Kyungsoo needed time to register on how and what, but he wasn't allowed to have that time. The next moment the door slammed open and he got dragged out of the room by his kidnappers. 

 

''Stay quite.''

 

Yet Kyungsoo didn't. At this moment it was like he only knew one word, one name, and that was the only thing his voice was saying.

 

''I said stay quite and stop struggling!''

 

''Hurry up! The police have broken inside!''

 

''We gotta get out of here!''

 

''He keeps fighting back!''

 

''Then leave him behind!''

 

The moment Kyungsoo felt the grip of the other around him loosen he yanked himself free and ran towards the door of Chanyeol's room. The last thing he could do was opening the door before something hit his head and out.

 

 

 

 

He was sure he didn't make it. His vision was met with white and slowly felt his body come back alive as he started feeling the air going through his nose and that his vision turns black ad he blinked slowly. It was calm, that's what he thought. He could hear soft muffled sniffles and hiccups. It was like an angel was crying, and soon he would see he was right after he felt the pressure on his hand. As he looked at the source he saw that his precious angel was crying, for him.

 

Chanyeol had the urge to hug the other, but something stopped him. Would a hug and smile really make everything okay? Chanyeol concluded that it wouldn't. He had already broke the other his heart by hanging himself up with a smile on his face, saying he loved him and that everything would be okay. It wasn't back then. Kyungsoo thought he died. He himself thought he had died. It all didn't happen.

 

The only thing to make it right was to fix the problems that had caused them to be here at this point in time. It was something very important for a relationship: it was the truth. They kept on hiding how they felt sometimes. Like when one had hurt the other, the other wouldn't know because they kept a fake smile displayed or they would hide their disapointment with anger. They both did this so they easily find out.

 

After being at the verge of death, Chanyeol promised himself to make everything right and he sure was going to promise the other too. So when Chanyeol moved and Kyungsoo looked up he didn't saw a smiling Chanyeol like he was expecting, no it was a crying Chanyeol he saw. It was shocking, because it was the first time Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol cry.

 

''Kyungsoo.'' His voice came out a bit hoarse but to Kyungsoo it didn't matter.

''I'm sorry I didn't showed you sooner how I really felt. From now on I will show you my true feelings and prove to you how much I love you.''

 

Kyungsoo said nothing for a while. He had grabbed Chanyeol's hand and let his tears roll down his cheeks. 

 

''I'm also sorry.. God.'' Kyungsoo couldn't keep it back anymore. He leaned in and started to hug him, holding him very close and thight. '' Chanyeol I am so sorry. You died for me and I couldn't tell you back that I love you so much.''

 

They are crying, but they are happy. Both don't need to show their happiness right now, because they both know and feel that the other is happy.