1/1

Still, I Do

A/N: Because the world needs more TaeKook.

----------

People find him weird, people think he's too 4D and quiet by himself, but I think it's cute.

When he spaces out, I want to know what runs through his imagination that he unconsciously makes such faces out of nowhere. When he dances randomly by himself, I find it interesting no matter how purposely awkward the steps he use - even when he's a great dancer. When he's acting out scenes from dramas by himself, I would join him and he becomes a little bit more confident to act while I try to hold back my laughter to no avail.

V-hyung is adorable, and he is oblivious about it because he's too used to the fact that everybody calls him a 4D Prince. And maybe because the rest of my hyungdeul never told him he was cute because the description 'weird' overshadowed it in their eyes.

V-hyung is adorable. Only I know that fact, and I want it to stay that way because I want him all to myself.

-

"And right next to me is..."

In the backstage where I was seated and resting, the restless V-hyung was apparently pretending to be an emcee. He was walking towards me and I looked up at him, trying not to smile so widely at how adorable he was acting in front of the camera he loves so much. "An alien."

I shook my head at the camera with a small and teasing smile hearing his childish little conclusion. "He's not at all interesting or amusing."

He then stayed quiet standing beside me, pouting shamelessly as the cameraman pointed the camera towards him.

Aish. Don't do that when you know everyone will see how cute you are.

"Kookie isn't interesting either." He turned around and walked away dejectedly and that was my cue to stand up, stopping him in his tracks with a hug from behind as I laughed.

-

"It's been a while since I last recorded my own log, so here I am--"

I abruptly stopped and turned to look behind me when I heard the door open, only to see V-hyung waddling - in a rather adorable way - inside the room as if he didn't notice me recording. Or maybe he really didn't.

But I found myself smiling anyway as I looked back at the camera. "V-hyung has come inside; it's not a solo log anymore." From the lens of the camera, I saw his head perk up at his name and blinked at the camera before shortly turning back to the shelf he was supposedly looking at with his usual blank face as if he didn't mind being on cam. With a small laugh, I continued to blabber out whatever I could think of about our fansigning a few hours ago - or maybe last night, because it's already four in the morning. Sometimes even I don't know why I keep recording logs even when it's not necessary, especially when I'm dead tired from dance practice, but I guess it's the least I could do as fanservice.

"I'm very thankful... to the..." Before I noticed it, my voice was fading out eventually as I kept watch on V-hyung from the lens of the camera. He was doing another one of his random dances as he was taking a mask from the shelf, and it was so cute I lost track of what I was saying.

"V-hyung." I groaned and let my head fall onto the desk, making a small thud before turning it sidewards to look at him and away from the camera. He blinked at me as he held the mask in his hands before tilting his head cluelessly. "Hm?"

"I was recording a log. You distracted me." I huffed, making the hair blow out of my face and he simply wore the childish-looking mask in all curiosity. "Don't mind me, pretend I'm not here." He casually spoke to me no matter how stupid he didn't know he looked like with the mask showing only his eyes.

"Why are you so..." I sighed and jutted out my bottom lip very slightly, letting that one word die on my lips instead.

"I don't know, I was born weird." V-hyung spoke with such quiet words and I widened my eyes at his statement, and even when he looked silly right now, I felt something stab me in the chest with his sad tone I managed to catch. "I wasn't going to say that."

I stood up and walked towards him, and he stood still in his spot as I carefully took off the mask from his face. He looked at me in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows a little as I put the mask back to wherever it was on the shelf.

"Go to sleep, hyung. You only have a few hours left of sleep if any later." I stated as a matter of fact, giving him my eomma-dongsaeng scolding tone. And I didn't know if it was my imagination, but he seemed as if he was rejected when he pressed his lips together and nodded rather reluctantly before walking out of the room.

-

V-hyung didn't seem to act any different or unusual - well, he's always unusual - even when it was a week after that incident, so I assumed it was just my imagination indeed.

Until now, that is.

"Ah!"

I jolted up from seat on the bed as I heard a loud thud before gasping when I saw blood on the side of V-hyung's head. "Hyung! What happened to you?" I literally threw my phone away on the bed as I stood up and stormed towards him.

"I was... walking inside?"

-

I was bandaging V-hyung's head by now as he was seated on the edge of my bed, as if he was a kid that got into a fight being reprimanded by me. "What in the world were you thinking about that you even injure yourself just passing through the doorway?" I shook my head incredulously and he simply stayed quiet. "You're so clumsy. Manager-hyung's going to scold you if he sees this. Why are you so oblivious sometimes? I keep..."

I kept blabbering at him before I finished the bandage around his head, and I immediately regretted what I did when he finally spoke up.

"So you meant to say I'm oblivious back then."

...Wait, what?

With quiet words, he moved my hand away from his head and stood up. "I shouldn't have expected for anything else."

Hold on, what does he mean?

"What? V-hyu--..."

My mouth was left hanging as he walked away and shut the door closed, because the normal V-hyung wouldn't have said such words and remember something very small from a week ago. And he never once turned away from me when I was still talking to him.

I might have overlooked something. In all these years of watching over him, I actually might have.

-

"You're not going to perform tomorrow."

I would've shouted at our manager if that was meant for me. Why would I not want to perform on a first comeback stage? A loss of limb wouldn't stop me from going on stage. But V-hyung could never do such a thing as defying another hyung.

"Now off to bed." V-hyung bowed as manager-hyung walked away (and fortunately he used the other door or he would've seen me), and he stayed standing there quietly. I let out a small sigh and turned to walk away.

"Stupid."

I blinked and flinched a little from behind the door when I saw V-hyung kick a chair down. He was hissing and running his hands through his hair before he crouched down into the corner of the practice room and folded his legs. I felt as if my heart was being torn up to pieces when he buried his face in his hands and cried quietly.

I can't.

It's clearly, logically and ing obvious that what I've been trying to hide is unacceptable in so many ways.

I clenched my hands into fists as my feet moved on their own, walking inside the practice room and over to him.

I shouldn't be doing this. I can't let him know that as a seventeen-year old boy, I've held an unrequited love for him for such a long time no matter how much people think he's too innocent about many things to even have someone that can deal with him.

But I can, my mind echoed and I bit down on my lip when I stood in front of him.

I'm a mature, seventeen-year old boy. I definitely, positively, absolutely wouldn't do something as irresponsible as--

"J-Jungkookie?"

It was too late before my knees were met with the floor and my arms were wrapped around him tightly, because I can't take it. I was probably the first among the members to see him cry.

"Don't cry, hyung." He looked up at me with tear-stained cheeks and he seemed to have stopped breathing for a minute when I wiped his cheeks with my thumbs. I almost felt guilty to think he looked beautiful even when he was crying. "Y-you're not mad at me?"

Like ing hell I would ever be mad at you. I let out another sigh as I shook my head. "No, I'm not. I'm sorry for nagging at you and being insensitive, hyung. I didn't mean to say you were oblivious." He stared at me with his mouth slightly hanging like the habit he has before looking down and pressing his lips together, as if he was hesitating to say something.

"...Then, what is it?" He spoke quietly, sniffling a little.

"At a time like this, it may be a little awkward to say." It is, because he's crying and I'm supposed to be saying something along the lines of 'it's okay' and 'everything will be fine.' "But I think you're cute, hyung."

With that, I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

-

"You're doing very well today, Jungkook. Your expressions are getting better."

I almost felt my veins literally popping as I clenched my fists into my pockets before giving a small bow to the choreographer.

Yes, in this dance, I'm supposed to look fierce. Mad. And because of that dunce-of-a hyung, I was able to do it pretty much perfectly.

I sent him a glare for the millionth time, and he simply blinked at me cluelessly. I sighed and wiped the sweat off my forehead before lying down on the floor to take a rest.

It's been almost two weeks now, and V-hyung is already performing with us. He's all better now, his head is fully healed and he turned back to his usual self. And that last one is the problem here.

Because he acts as if nothing ever happened. Because he talks to me normally without even feeling awkward. Because he even has the courage to back-hug me out of whim. Because he doesn't even ask what it was. 

Why.

Disregarding what I said about my feelings being unacceptable and all, it's only natural that I would still want him to know that I like him after I finally actually made a move on him. I mean who wouldn't be frustrated with that?

"Kookie is angry with the world today." I felt a small poke on my back and I rolled my eyes. It's your fault. 

I turned to lie on my back and look up at him. He was sitting down on his knees, and until now I wonder how he can still sit like that after such deadly practices. As much as I'm somehow angry with him, I still found it cute.

I'm stupid.

"Everyone's gone back to the dorm now, Jungkookie." He moved to poke my cheek this time. "Go ahead, hyung. I'll stay here for a little while longer." I gave his index finger a small peck. I've done that several times before and just like the kiss, he acted as if he was nothing. I guess I had taken advantage of him being oblivious this way.

He blinked before tilting his head and placing his hands on his lap. "You might catch a cold if you fall asleep here."

"I guess so." I shrugged. I've performed while having colds before, so it doesn't really matter because I wouldn't have a choice unless I actually faint.

"I see." He got up on his feet before waddling out of the room. I closed my eyes and sighed in content as he went out of sight.

Ah, peace and solitude.

-

I woke up after falling asleep like, five minutes ago when I heard the door open. I blinked with my face all scrunched up at the lights I couldn't turn off before squinting for a few times and finally seeing a figure approaching me.

Ugh, I'm gonna get scolded by manager-hyung agai--wait. V-hyung?

"Wha--" I sat up and rubbed my eyes before taking a better look at him. He sat down in front of me while hugging two pillows and a pink blanket I know belongs to him before handing me a pillow.

"What are you doing?" I asked dumbfoundedly as I held the pillow. "I'm sleeping with Kookie." He nodded and placed his own pillow on the floor. When I kept staring at him with my mouth hanging, he tilted his head before taking the pillow from my hands again and placing it beside his. He then held my shoulders and gently made me lie down my head on the pillow before starting to cover the both of us with the blanket. "Hyung, why are you..."

I was speechless.

Why was he doing this? I have no memories of him ever actually sleeping beside anyone. And for him to actually do the effort of carrying all these (which is very ing adorable by the way) is just a little surprising.

"Kookie-ah~"

By the time I noticed it, he was already lying down as well while facing me. He opened his arms and curled his fingers almost childishly, waiting for me to hug him.

God. The cuteness.

After what seemed like forever, I finally smiled at him. I can at least do this, right? This is just a once-in-a-lifetime chance, I should just take every advantage I get for hell's sake.

I scooted closer to him and hugged him like I never did before, and for a moment there I realized that I forgot he was actually taller than me. I nuzzled my face onto his chest when he pulled me close, and I felt as if this was probably the best night of my entire life.

And I realized maybe I should just pretend that the kiss never happened, that I should just go back to zero and stay there because it's impossible to be with him in the end. Maybe it's better to lock my feelings all over again, because I might only make things hard for him if he finds out.

"Jungkookie is so small."

I gave him a punch on the arm. "Good night."

-

"Kookie~" I felt arms being wrapped around my waist, and I smiled before turning my head to look behind me.

"V-hyung, you're becoming more touchy lately." V-hyung blinked before I heard the other members commenting simultaneously and I was catching a few phrases such as 'only touchy with Jungkookie', 'only acting cute for him', and 'the only one with a nickname.'

I laughed and decided to play along. "That's because V-hyung loves me more than anyone else."

"Eehhh." The members simply waved their hands dismissively. I laughed again before I found myself freezing in position with what I heard from V-hyung.

"Kookie is my baby." He nodded, all innocent-looking and head tilted to the side in all honesty.

I held my breath as I stared up at him with my mouth slightly hanging open. The whole practice room was silent for a good two minutes.

What does he mean by that? As in, I'm like his lover or as in I'm his favorite dongsaeng or something like that? That must be it, right? Yes, yes it should be!

"Kookie is mine." He nodded again as he hugged me tighter, resting his chin on my shoulder. "We kissed before."

And everything suddenly clicked.

Holy .

Somebody stop me before I--

"Wah!"

A thud was heard as I literally tackled V-hyung down on the floor, and I could care less of how insanely childish I look right now because it doesn't matter - I'm happy now.

-

~*Omake Scene*~

"Hyung, come here." Jungkook patted the space beside him on his bed, and soon enough, it was occupied by the older blonde with a tilt of his head. "What is it, Kookie?"

The younger smiled and leaned in to whisper in his ear sweetly. "I love you."

A blush quickly crept up Taehyung's cheeks at the words that were mentioned for the first time, and Jungkook merely chuckles at the older's cuteness before holding the sides of the latter's face gently. "Wah, V-hyung blushed for the first time. That means you love me too, right?" He teased, but Jungkook instead finds himself getting a little dazed when the taller simply nodded shyly. "I do."

A small squeak from Taehyung was heard as his back found itself against the mattress with Jungkook on top of him, hugging him tightly.

"Hyung, you're so cute I could eat you up."

Taehyung blushed up to his ears and shuddered when the younger chuckled against his neck and nuzzled it lightly. "I-I'm not edible, Kookie..."

Jungkook lifted up his head this time to look down at Taehyung with a smile. "Yes, you are, and I'm feeling kinda hungry right now, hyung."

"W-wha--?"

Jungkook shut him up with a kiss, and Taehyung found himself quickly responding this time with his arms wrapping around the younger's neck and tugging him down further. Jungkook smiled at the contact and tilted his head, deepening the kiss and earning a small moan from the blonde, with a few muffled 'I love you's between kisses.

----------

A/N: A few scenes were originated from real shows; I revised them a little bit. Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing!