II

Ships

Stupid, stupid taeny ship. 

Ever since the beginning of soshi’s reign, they’ve always been a wrench in our operations. 

Whenever we thought that we had the upper hand, ready with plans of ambush and attack, they would be five steps ahead.

Sure, there was the Yulsic ship that attacked us as well, but the TaeNy ship, with THAT captain, just gets on my nerves!

And you know what really gets me? 

They had a dry spell, FOR YEARS, yet they came out of that bigger and stronger than ever! 

Just when I thought I had everything under control, they had to go and take it away.

I should’ve seen it happening, but I was too deep in success to think properly.

I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Because there was no TaeNy in our way, our ship became one of the bigger ships here. We were feared, respected.

It was nice not having to be on the lookout for their ship for once.

But after years, after many people had jumped the TaeNy ship for other ships, they just came out of NO WHERE, with a brand new ship crafted with the gold that that luck happened to pass to them.

After that, many people from other ships jumped back to the TaeNy ship.

Jeti

Sunyeon

And, of course, Taengsic

It just wasn’t fair.

After that happened, we experienced our own dry spell, and we sunk in the back of everyone’s mind like a bad breakup.

But not this time, now that we were back in business, we would get back for those years that we lost to them.

“What do you want?” I said. 

“Woah man, I just gonna give you information, no need to snap at me like that.” She said, putting her hands up.

“Ugh fine, what do you know?” I said, looking over at her ship.

“Well, our Yoona is dating a guy named Lee Seung gi, and it was confirmed by both agencies.”

Woah, confirmed? Well this is new.

“Well, looks like we all need to watch our backs, especially you, captain. Have a good day.” I said, walking away.

“Hold your horses captain,” she said, “I’m not done talking to you yet. I have…a request.”

I sighed.  This captain is really getting on my nerves. “Why in the world would I want to honor a request from the likes of you?”

“Listen, I know we had our differences in the past, but this is different.” She said, leaning against the railing of her ship. “We never know what’s going to happen in the next couple of days.  What if Taeyeon is the one that gets confirmed next? Then we will both be goners.”

I whipped around, “Do you seriously think that Taeyeon is dating a guy? This scandal has made you go insane, captain.”

“I don’t think the next one will be Taeyeon, but we need to be prepared just in case it happens.” She said, crossing her arms.

“Geez, I didn’t know you were such a worrywart” I said, pointing at her. “Just because one member is confirmed to be dating someone doesn’t mean that they are all going to come out just like that.”

 And with that another familiar explosion went off, clouding everything in its wake.