You

The Figment of My Imagination, Lee Taemin

By the time she was nineteen, there wasn't a day where she would think of the boy of her childhood anymore.

She had had her year of freedom when she was eighteen; she had come to the age of nineteen where she would begin helping her parents manage their company and handle the press that used to stand outside the gate of her home. She would be exposed to all the things she had been protected from.

It was only reasonable that she would need a bodyguard to keep her safe at all times. Although it was more of Ji Yong's idea since he didn't want his little Minzy to be unprotected from thieves, murderers or ual predators. Luckily, her parents had already hired someone for the job. The moment she was born, the Gong couple had spent years finding the best person suitable to guard their daughter.

Minzy looked at the papers that a maid had handed to her before she left home. The contained all the information that she needed to know about him. He had already been trained since he was very young. He had guarded, and received letters of recommendation from, some of the most famous celebrities in the Korean industry. The man had even been an intern for the Gong family's best security guard that protected Minzy's mother when Mrs. Gong was still pregnant with Minzy beforehand.  

The mystery man had never allowed the public to know his name, which he only gave to his clients when he finally began to work for them. Being known for his agility and quick of thinking, he was known as the Dark Dancer of Seoul. 

"Dark Dancer? Bet he waltzes his enemies away," Minzy smirked towards her oppa who sat beside her. Ji Yong had wanted to meet the man for himself, as if he was in charge of Minzy's safety before, in his own words, 'this guy' would guard her instead.

"If this guy tries to do anything to you, make sure to call Oppa, okay?" Ji Yyong replied, completely ignoring the question. Since the drive began, he had been worried and pessimistic, focusing on 'this guy'. 

Minzy simply rolled her eyes and continued scanning the papers for more facts about her security guard to be. Rather than riding in a limo that would have attracted attention, Minzy and Ji Yong had decided to take a ride in one of their exclusive black cars to make things discrete. The pair were planning on meeting the man at one of the Gong hotels that were situated in Seoul. 

The drive was approximately twenty minutes thanks to the typical, busy traffic in the city.

 

As the car rolled up the driveway of the hotel, the entrance was vacant, she had refused the offer of having security guards waiting for her. It would have only attracted the attention she was trying to keep away. 

The sound of their steps echoed against the walls. The hotel was one of the less popular ones that the Gong family had owned, yet it was one of the first that the family had invested in before their wealth had grown, there was a feeling of home, a warm and comfortable feeling, in the building once anyone entered it. 

Minzy entered the dining hall, she scanned the area. Other than the staff members, the area was also empty since it had been reserved days before the meeting. As she grew older, she had learned how to manage the things of her parents, the lessons she had were interlaced with the things her parents had dealt with to prepare their daughter for the future. It only took a moment before her gaze locked onto a young man sitting alone at a four person table, a slender figure with a cup in his hand. The setting looked quite peaceful.

"Don't you think he should stand up and greet us? It's the least he could do for the people who hired him," Minzy's mouth slacked open a bit at the sound of her oppa's voice. The red head had nearly forgotten about her companion as the latter walked towards the man in prideful strides before situating himself on the chair in front of the stranger. 

Ignoring the obnoxious movement he had started, Minzy calmly walked to the table and set herself on the seat beside her self proclaimed . Before the initial pair had arrived, the man's eyes were narrow, as if there were no life to them. His other hand, the one that wasn't occupying the cup, held his chin while his shoulders were crouched. It didn't look very professional, nor did it change when Ji Yong had sat down.

It wasn't until Minzy situated herself on the table when the man straightened his back, set his cup down and lifted his face. Rather than the lifeless, bored expression, his eyes opened a little more, giving him a more bright expression. The smile that grew on his face helped.

She liked the way he smiled, how natural the corners of his lips turned to greet her...

"Hello, thank you for having me as your personal bodyguard. My name is Lee Tae Min."