Lu-ge

Lu-ge

 

 

 

"Y-you what?!" Luhan splutters, looking up, eyes wide.

"I-I.."

 

 

***earlier that day***

 

 

"YAH! THEY'RE BAAAACK!!!"

They hear Chanyeol's yelling from the front room of their dorm as he bounds up the stairs two at a time, trips on the top step, and sprints into the room currently being inhabited by Sehun, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo. 

"WHERE'S JOONMYUN I NEED JOONMYUN. JOONMYUN-HYUNG MANAGER WANTS YOU."

"Chanyeol stop yelling."

"I'M NOT- Oh my bad. Everyone's downstairs c'mon!" Chanyeol continues, his face lighting up again as he reaches for Baekhyun's arm, tugging on it relentlessly until the smaller boy groans and gets up. 

"Yeollie it's only been like two weeks you need to calm down."

"I will never. Oh Sehun I swear to god-"

Sehun, his head in a pillow, waves at them in a leave-my-presence-immediately gesture before mumbling out a muffled "lemmesleep". You disturb his sleep time, and he disturbs you. For the rest of your life.

Chanyeol doesn't really care, though, and, in response to this, hobbles over and sits on Sehun's blonde head, squirming his bony around and casually fixing his sideburns before Kyungsoo speaks up quietly from his spot on the couch.

"Um, I think he's dying. If you move to your left a little you can cut off his breathing," he suggests. Sehun groans. 

"WHO IS KILLING MY SEHUNNIE?"

Everyone freezes. Sehun's face slowly peaks out from under Chanyeol's bottom, his eyes widening when he sees Joonmyun and Luhan standing in the doorway wearing matching pseudo-serious faces. Luhan slowly steps forward, arms crossed over his chest, and eyes Chanyeol with a predatory glare. Without another word, Chanyeol scurries off of Sehun's face, whimpering a quiet "welcome back" before rushing out of the room to greet the others, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in tow.

"Wait, you said manager-hyung needed me?" Joonmyun calls after them, glancing warily at Luhan and Sehun before turning to chase after Chanyeol, grumbling about everybody always needs Joonmyun maybe Joonmyun just wants some time to himself and those little ruffians made me throw out my face mask I just got that like yesterday my poor skin and they wonder why I look so old.

"Sehunnie!" Luhan jumps onto Sehun's lap, wrapping his arms around the younger boy's neck. Sehun shifts uncomfortably. "I missed you so much, my little dongsaeng! Have you gotten taller? Did you eat well while I was gone? How much did Jongin bully you? Did you ever find out about him and Kyungsoo? Those two, I swear, almost as oblivious as Chanyeol and Baekhyun, am I right? Wow, your hair looks really nice did you get it re-dyed while I was gone? China was so great Sehunnie ohmygosh me and Minseok-ah..." He rambles, mushing around Sehun's cheeks and smiling happily. Sehun forces out a pained smile and pats Luhan gingerly on the back as he monologues, hoping his blushing cheeks and downcast eyes aren't too much of a hint. But then again, there never really are too big of hints when it comes to Luhan. The boy could qualify for a seeing-eye dog for god's sake.

Are Jongin and Kyungsoo really the oblivious ones here? You sure, Luhan?

Over the little two-week separation or so, Sehun had missed Luhan a lot. Like a lot a lot. Cooped up in his room to avoid Jongin's harrasment, Sehun had quite a bit of time to think. Usually this would be fine, even admired for boys Sehun's age, but most boys Sehun's age are not like Sehun. Sehun thinking means Sehun doing, and Sehun doing means lots of shennanigans that do not usually end very well for anyone. The ninteen-year-old idol always starts off with the best intentions, but he tends to get pretty... distracted. Things get broken, people get offended, and Sehun gets time-outs. So yeah, thinking is bad. Sehun didn't really have anything other to do than sit with his face set stolid and occasionally listen to Jongin whine about his Kyungsoo feels, though, so Sehun got thinking. Maybe Sehun had some feels of his own, Jongin. Maybe Sehun's feels were way stronger than he thought they were, and totally non-platonic, and also maybe directed at the same person currently sitting on his lap, wrapped around him and running his fingers through his hair. You know, *cough* maybe. 

Back to the present, with the way Luhan was smiling at Sehun, though, the light from the window behind them making him look like an angel in the most cliche way you can imagine, and Sehun's resolve became firm.

Just punch him in the mouth, with your mouth, but do it all gentle-like because he has a really nice face and then, um, live happily ever after or something. 

Sounds like a plan.

"..And then he even had the nerve to, like, come back up to us, all 'yo man you wanna put that hat back it obviously doesn't suit you'-" 

"Luhan."

"Oh my god, he speaks."

"Wow do not even try to sass me I am the sass lord and I have a sass mafia and they will hunt you down and bury you in sass, like do you even-" Sehun cuts himself off, trying to practice self-control for the sake of moving forward in this conversation. "Okay, so I need to tell some stuffs that I found out in the two weeks you were gone and I really hope you don't, like, hate me forever and curse my soul in your dying breaths or whatever because that would make me really sad but um it's actually pretty startling to me too so I would totally understand-"

"Sehun shuddup no one cares about your feels food is ready," Jongin interrupts, popping his head into their room.

"KIM JONGIN."

Luhan laughs, ruffling Sehun's hair with an affectionate grin. "It's okay Sehun-ah, interruptions always happen in those really cliche fanfictions before something big happens, right? You should be pumped right now, you might, like, win the lottery or spontaneously burst into flames or something. Be optimistic," Luhan laughs, rolling off of Sehun's lap and onto the floor before dragging himself up and heading towards the door.

"Wow hyung you want me to burst into flames? I thought we were friends," Sehun responds, swallowing an uncomfortable lump in his throat. Luhan laughs and gestures for Sehun to follow him out of the room to join the others in the kitchen for dinner. With a sigh, Sehun follows, reluctantly letting go of what could have been his very first confession. 

Stupid Jongin.

 

***

 

"Yah, Kyungsoo what's going on my stomach is GROWLING over here heh heh get it guys."

"Jongin I hate you so much."

"Noooo, Jongin I was going to eat."

"Why are you living."

"You just made all of the flowers die outside."

"Jongin what did you do?" Kyungsoo laughs, coming in with trays of steaming food. His question goes unanswered, though, because by the time he's two steps into the dining room all of the food has been taken from his hands and put on the table, already being devoured by eleven aggressive boys.

"Ughhh Kyungsoo stop being so good at cooking," Jongdae groans, slurping up some udon and heading for the kimchi and fried rice.

"Seriously, I'm pretty sure my tastebuds are about to die from over-abundance of delicious."

"Jongin that sentence didn't make any sense," Kyungsoo laughs.

"Shuddup I'm tring to compliment you," Jongin retorts, his cheeks taking on a pinkish tinge.

"No one cares about your feels, Jongin," Sehun murmmurs quietly enough for Jongin to hear next to him, smirking at his best friend's steadily darkening cheeks. 

Throughout dinner Luhan plays footsie with Sehun under the table, not really helping Sehun's overwhelming feels become less overwhelming, but still reminding him that at least now he can say that he knows for sure what he feels about the dork. It used to be so frusturating trying to come up with excuses for every blush and every heart skip Luhan caused before Sehun realized his feelings. Now all Sehun can feel is giddiness and the occasional jab of fear in his stomach if he thinks about his impending confession. It has to happen sooner or later, after all. He just has to figure out what to say at this point, or what not to say if you're pickin' up what he's puttin' down. Heh heh. 

His lisp is probably going to be a problem. It's really annoying and usually only pops up when Sehun's nerves are freaking out, so he doesn't have to deal with it very often because he is Oh Sehun, he doesn't have nerves. Tonight though, he's not so sure. Luhan-related anything tends to come with nerves for Sehun, ever since they debuted. Stolen glances he didn't even realize he was stealing, unnecessary and probably avoidable skin brushing during their dance practices and even on stage every once in awhile; Sehun was always left with a really uncomfortable tingling sensation all over his body and could he just not, maybe, because he was pretty sure it wasn't normal. He most definitely did not feel like that when Jongin looked at him, no sir. 

So while Tao whined to Kris and Yixing stared at nothing and Jongdae played with Minseok's cheeks and Jongin sustained a blush throughout the entire meal, Sehun ate quietly, contemplating, and occasionally cracking a smile when he felt his feet being pushed around under the table. 

He was going to do this. This was going to be a thing.

 

***

 

"Minseok-ah, remember when I tried to buy that Koala hat back in China after you all tried it on and it only fit me and that guy at the register was all... What?"

Sehun clears his throat awkwardly and tugs on Luhan's wrist, urging him away from Minseok, who shoots him a knowing smile before leaving the room and closing the door with a short, "I gotta pee."

"Hey Sehunnie! What's up?" Luhan asks, pulling Sehun down to sit next to him and snuggling up onto his lap, resting his head against Sehun's chest. Sehun was warm, really warm, and his heart was beating really fast and he really really hoped Luhan wouldn't notice, but:

"Sehun-ah your heart is beating like really fast are you okay do I need to call an ambulence are you going into cardiac arrest?" Of course.

"Oh, uh, no, sorry hyung I'm fine, I just. Well, I'm not fine actually. I have a problem."

Luhan looks up at him, eyes wide and full of concern. "What's wrong? You can tell meanything, I've got you munchkins," he giggles softly.

"Okay so problem number one is that you just called me munchkins and I forbide you to call me that ever again and problem number two is that I am pretty much 100% sure that I am in love with you."

No lisp. You go, Oh Sehun. Of course he didn't really intend for it to slip out so bluntly like that, but hey, no regrets.

"Y-you what?!" Luhan splutters, looking up, eyes wide.

"I-I.."

Just kidding, Sehun was going to regret this for the rest of his life.

"T-that wasn't a very funny joke, Sehunnie," Luhan stutters, his face still closely resembling a deer's caught in the headlights, eyes comically wide and not meeting Sehun's. For some reason, Luhan's inadvertance strikes a nerve in Sehun and he suddenly feels stupidly determined, ready to make this idiot boy in front of him see him for the first time, like actually see- good lord Sehun needs to stop with all of these cliches, he is getting dangerously close to late nights watching The Notebook and eating chocolate ice cream by himself.

"Aish, see, that's the thing. It wasn't a joke. I like, really super love you a lot." He shuffles off of the couch, disconnecting Luhan from his body. "And, also," he continues, refusing to look at Luhan at this point, "do you happen to know of any cliffs in the area because I am seriously considering jumping off one right now what a confession Oh Sehun I'm just gonna leave now ok bye."

And with that, all of his confidence is gone and he shuffles out of the room, numbly walking down the stairs into his room and shutting the door. He stares at his wall for a second, cringes, and then bangs his head against it, eventually slumping onto his bed after a good ten minutes of well golly gee when do you think your first date will be you definitely swooped him off of his feet and what a smooth talker you are why don't you smoothly talk yourself into a hole and never come out that'd be great.

He drifts off to sleep after awhile, hoping to just forget the whole debacle ever happened, but he knows he's just kidding himself, and when morning comes, Sehun has not suffered any short-term memory loss in his sleep. Every painful detail from the previous night's conversation is still vivid in Sehun's head when his eyes flutter open, and he groans as he gets up to go take a shower. Today is going to be a great day. 

 

***

 

Breakfast is really, really quiet. The kind of quiet where you know went down and no one wants to talk about it, but can't think of anything else to talk about in the meantime. 

Sehun curiously observes glances being snuck between Jongin and Kyungsoo while the other isn't looking, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun's hands are mysteriously absent from the top of the table, while they each eat with only one hand, and gosh, Sehun really has no idea what's going on with all of s. Not a clue. He smirks to himself, poking at his rice with his chopsticks and thinking about how awkward it is that Luhan is right across from him, but he refuses to look at the smaller blonde boy and tries not to think about how he hasn't felt anything move his feet around since he'd sat down.

He can't really help himself for that long, though, so as everyone starts silently cleaning up he sneaks a peek at Luhan's face. He's looking down at his empty plate, eyebrows furrowed and a frown tugging at his lips. 

Oh dang am I troubling him that is fantastic he's got to be thinking about me this is so great

Sehun has to hold in a giggle, and composes his face into a his usual emotionless mask before silently taking Luhan's plate for him and not meeting his eyes. He puts the two plates in the sink, gives a quick nod to Jongdae for offering to do the dishes, and leaves the room without looking back.

Kudos to you, Oh Sehun.

What Sehun does not expect, however, is to run into Luhan not even five minutes later, who freezes and stares at Sehun. Sehun freezes too, and I mean, it's a small dorm and there's only two bathrooms so c'mon now they were going to confront each other eventually, but Sehun figured he would call Luhan out on his own time and be the one to make the first move. 

Imagine his surprise when Luhan suddenly grabs his wrist and yanks him into the bathroom, shutting the door and locking it behind him.

"Um.."

"Call me Lu-ge from now on."

"Hyung, I'm not Chinese I don't know the significance of that what do you expect of me with these nickna-"

Before he can finish his complaint, Sehun is abrubtly cut off and you know, he is just so gosh darn tired of being interrupted but then hey wait it's by Luhan's face on his face and it's really intimate and really resembles kissing and oh my god Luhan is kissing Sehun.

Luhan is kissing Sehun.

Sehun responds immediately after mumbling an awkward whatmph into Luhan's lips before realizing what was happening. His fingers slide into Luhan's hair and his free hand wraps around his waist, his fingers slipping under Luhan's shirt to lightly brush against his skin. He almost giggles when he feels Luhan shiver, but that giggle is immediately from exsistence when Luhan's tongue slides past his lips and runs across the roof of his mouth. He runs it along Sehun's bottom lip and then bites it gently, his own hands wrapping around Sehun, resting on the back of his neck. Luhan clings to him, desperate to be closer, and Sehun is suddenly really annoyed by their slight height difference because he needs Luhan as close as possible in every way and suddenly Luhan breaks the kiss and moves along Sehun's jawline, kissing it's sharp curve and then biting it, coaxing a quiet and embarassing moan out of Sehun's mouth. Luhan snaps his head up to meet Sehun's eyes and Sehun's a little startled to see a darkness growing inside them because this is Luhan, his innocent little deer, and it's then that Sehun notices how uncomfortably tight his pants had become and if Luhan kept looking at him like that, it would only get worse, but he doesn't look away and-

"Uh, whoever's in there, can you hurry up? I really have to pee."

"Jongin I am going to punch you so hard that your bodily matter will collapse in on itself and create a black hole that will only sustain itself long enough to permanently erase you from the world. I suggest you turn around and lock yourself in the nearest room as soon as possible until I decide that I have amassed enough self-restraint to let you come out," Sehun growls to a now very scared Jongin on the other side of the door. Luhan giggles, but untangles himself from Sehun nonetheless, and Sehun sighs with disappointment. 

"Do you get the significance of the 'ge' now?" Luhan asks, blushing furiously. 

"Pft, and I thought I was the one overflowing with cheesiness," Sehun laughs, pecking Luhan on the lips again and letting out an excited giggle, because that just happened.

"I love you, Lu-ge," he whispers, and then laughs when Luhan groans and pushes him away from the door and leaves, but not before stuttering a quiet "Love you too, Sehun-ah."

 

***

 

"Guys, I have an announcement and it's really important so you all have to listen okay." A deep breath. "Kyungsoo and I are dating."

"Good lord took you guys long enough."

"Kyungsoo why Jongin you could've done so much better."

"Minseok you owe me like three packets of gum."

"Don't make-out during breakfast or anything, okay? That'd be even more awkward than last Friday."

"Jongin you two almost took as long as me and Chanyeol," Baekhyun laughs, then freezes. "Oh wait."

Everyone stops talking for a second, then bursts out laughing, pointing at Baekhyun's face and patting Chanyeol on the back and kicking Jongin for taking so long and Sehun can't stop grinning. He locks eyes with Luhan across the room and tilts his head in a silent question, unable to resist himself. Luhan grins bashfully and gives him a nod, and Sehun stands up, a slight blush rising to his cheeks.

"Hey guys..."

 

 

[ A/N: Sorry it ended up so short, I just got really super excited and then yeah :B

Soooo terrible? Overwhelmingly fluffy? 

Comment, subscribe, upvote, whatever floats your boat, because that's all I'm here for >.<image

I'm really sorry I'm like an endless stream of cheese over here today

I hope you enjoyed my story!!

 ]