Only You

Only You

"Taecyeon-ah," The voice called out in fluent english. "Are you okay?"

He looked at her and smiled. "Yeah...I was just thinking." Replying in fluent english as well.

She smiled warmly in return and lightly touched his shoulder. "Any problems? Troubles?"

He chuckled lightly. "Nah, just...." He struggled to find the right words. "You know." He grinned.

The young girl pouted. "Taecyeon...I'm your best friend, right? You can tell me."

He pushed himself off the railings and stood tall, smiling at her. "Don't worry about it, Tiff. It's no big deal."

She sighed, pushing her hair back from her eyes. She looked at him intently for a second, then smiled. She placed her hand on his chest and looked down, muttering something. It was probably because of her touch that he was not able to hear a thing she just said, or because he was suddenly daydreaming from the contact.

"Yeah?" He asked, curious of what she was saying.

She looked up, smiling sadly. "Nothing." It was obvious to her that he wasn't listening.

He looked at her, and for a moment their eyes locked and he recalled why he fell for her: She was responsible, beautiful, realistic, kind-hearted, honest, and so much more. 

He inwardly sighs, remembering his reasons for not confessing. He's scared of being rejected, seeing as how many suitors she already has turned down....

He takes her hand in his and smiles. She smiles back.

"The broadcast is about to start, shall we go?" He tells her.

She answers in Korean. "Neh." 

 

Strong Heart Broadcast

It has probably been thirty minutes or so since the show started. Throughout the show, several acts and performances took place. Today's idol group guests were Super Junior's Siwon, Shindong, and Leeteuk, KARA's Nicole, Hara, and Jiyoung, 2PM's Taecyeon, Nichkhun, and Junho, and SNSD's Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun.

Taecyeon was sat in the front row, away from his fellow members. TTS were scattered as well, with Tiffany to Taecyeon's upper right. 

She laughed and clapped her hands happily as Shindong finished his story. He secretly observed, sitting quietly, smiling and nodding every now and then.

His ears perked up when Tiffany was asked to go next. Everyone watched her laugh off her nervousness.

For this episode, everyone was asked to tell their love story or at least something similar. The majority of the love stories he's heard so far were humurous and goofy. He's quite interested in hearing his best friend's love story.

"Ah..." She began, revealing her card. It read, 'Secret Love'. Seeing it piqued his interest a hundred times more. He doesn't remember a time when she has told him of any of her crushes.

As much as it would hurt him to listen to the one girl he has fallen deeply for about her 'Secret Love', he wanted to know who has captured her heart.

The whole studio was silenced, gaping at her card. Taeyeon nodded her head in understanding, as Seohyun stared at the card, unblinking. No doubt, it has caught everyone's full attention.

She glanced at him momentarily, before continuing. "My secret love..." She smiled.

Nichkhun raised his hand, still staring at the card. "Fany-ah," He began, grinning. "You have a lover?!"

With the Thai Prince's unexpected question, the whole studio was woken from the intense silence.

She laughed, waving her hands in front of her, shaking her head. "Aniyo!" She repeated.

"Khun-oppa!" She exclaimed, faking an angry face. "Yah! Just listen!"

Everyone laughed at their actions and the MC's asked her to continue.

"Go on, Tiffany-ssi."

She nodded. "This guy, my secret love...." She paused. "He probably has no clue that I like him."

The audience awed and the other idols nodded their heads.

"Is this guy an idol?" One of the MC's asked.

"Neh. But were not from the same agency."

"Ahh...so what exactly do you mean by 'Secret Love?"

She took a deep breath. "I've loved him for years now, but he just doesn't know."

Everyone was silent when she spoke, keen on listening to her story.

"The first time I started feeling this way towards him....I said, 'Aniyo, aniyo! It can't be...'." She paused. "But when I realized I still felt the same, I began to accept it."

"Ahh...So," One of the MC's began. "Would this guy be one of your fanboys?"

The studio was cheerful again, and not everyone was so serious as they had been a while ago.

"Ah, neh!" The other MC exclaimed. "I've read that several idols have been asking you out recently--"

Shindong stood up from his seat. Siwon, who sat to his left, looked up at him, surprised. Leeteuk began to laugh as he noticed the comedic expression their fellow member wore.

"Yahh!" He yelled, the audience roaring with laughter. "Stay away from my little sister!" He said as he sat down, laughing hysterically.

The studio was filled with laughter, but Taecyeon felt the need to stay serious about the matter, as Super Junior and the MC's exchanged playful banters. Tiffany watched them, laughing at Shindong for his over-protectiveness. For the time being, Taecyeon tuned them all out, thinking deeply on who this idol, Tiffany was talking about, be. It wasn't until Tiffany resumed speaking, that he payed attention once again.

"This oppa.." She said, sighing. "I've given hints before, but he just doesn't seem to notice. I was disappointed, a lot." She paused, taking a breath. "I was even more disappointed when he expressed stronger feelings to a really close friend of mine, instead of me, in front of me...."

"Is this oppa aslo very close to you?"

She nodded. "He might be the one guy to know me so well. He knows everything that makes me happy, upset, pissed off, and moody." She slightly laughed. "He's like a walking, talking, 'Tiffany-Encyclopedia."

The others laughed along with her as well and he couldn't help but smile, thinking how lucky this guy was.

"Have you ever tried confessing?"

She pouted. "Neh."

The audience once again aw-ed, and the other idols smiled sadly for her.

"I think it was a clear enough confession, but he just didn't hear me....so I just pretended that nothing had happened."

Taec's heart began to pound fast as he pieced the information together: Idol, different agencies, long time friend, close friend, walking-talking Tiffany-Encyclopedia-- could it be him!? Or was he just over reacting??

The MC's nodded. "Are you willing to give this guy a hint? Like face the camera and give a hint?"

The audience began to cheer, and the other idols encouraged her to do so, while he just smiled at her.

She smiled nervously as she faced the camera. "Oppa..." She began. "You should know, that....." She inhaled. "You're on this very stage."

Taeyeon squeeled, clearly knowing who it was, as everyones eyes widened, trying to figure who it was among them. The MC's began to giggle loudly like shool girls, asking Taeyeon who it was as she nodded vigorously.

His heart began to pound faster and louder. The possibilities became even higher, and his palms grew moist of this unexpected turn of events.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Leeteuk called. "Who is it? Can you tell?"

Everyone was excited.

"Ani! It's a secret my wifey made me keep for ages!" She laughed.

"Yah!" One of the MC's rasped, trying to catch a breath. He pointed at the male idol guests. "Whoever it is, you should come clean!" He grinned.

Tiffany laughed it all off, but he could tell that she was slightly uncomfortable.

This was it....It was now or never. He would either tell her how he feels, or he might as well as lose her forever.

"Fany-ah." He began, his voice raspy from the nervousness he felt. He turned and looked at her, and their eyes locked. "Is it me?" He asked.

The whole studio grew silent, the MC's were speechless, and the idols were intently watching.

Nervously, he carried on. "Am I the jerk who chose someone else over you, right in front of you?" His question was innocent, but if said in a different tone, he might have been mistaken for mocking her.

She didn't answer nor did she move.

"I'm the close oppa who didn't listen when you confessed, aren't I?" He gave her a soft smile, ignoring everyone else around them. When she smiled back at him, his questions were answered.

He inhaled deeply, confidentaly. He turned to face the audience and the camera, and he spoke. "Tiffany...I guess she confessed earlier before the show began.." He looked at her for affirmation, in which she merely scoffed looking away. He smiled. "I didn't mean to not listen....it's just that I began to daydream when you put your hand on my heart..."

The audience awed, and the people on stage were snapped out of their trance, excitedly smiling and grinning for the new confession.

"When was it that you chose someone else over her?" One of the MC's asked, grinning widely, as questions began to occur to him.

Taec chuckled before answering. "I think it was when we were filming Family Outing, the best friends episode, when I chose Yoona over her, as someone I could not live without...."

"Ah, Oppa! Bad!" Seohyun playfully called out.

He smiled sincerely. "I thought that if I chose her, she would freak out and run away...." He looked back at her as she avoided his gaze. "Mianhe..."

"Ah, Hyung....you realize your just confessing right now, right? Tiffany hasn't exactly confirmed who it was yet." Junho said.

He grinned, looking at Tiffany then the camera. "Tiffany," He began. "If it is me, mianhe for everything. I was wrong. I should've taken my chance to let you know how I really felt a long time ago. So even if it's not me, I really want you to know all of this." He paused, taking a short breath. "If it is me, then I hope you still feel the same."

"Yah..." She softly called. "A person's feelings doesn't change that fast. You very well know that I still feel the same, Oppa..."

He was watching her as she said those words. He exhaled deeply, smiling a lot. "Ahhhh! I can't believe it took me this long..." He looked around him, still not believing. He was about to get up from his seat, when Siwon interrupted him.

"Yah! You still have to ask out our little sister to a proper date before you go around kissing her!" Taecyeon immedietly sat back down, hiding his face in embarrasment as the studio roared with laughter once again. Tiffany merely smiled brightly.

Taeyeon grinned. "You know, every time we come home from a performance, she tells me, 'Our love songs....those lyrics....I sang them with all my heart...'" 

Tiffany laughed uncontrollably as her best friend shared that piece of information.

"Ah, it was directed for Taec's ears?" Nichkhun laughed, teasing his friend.

The studio continued on with loud laughs, and so on, until Taecyeon rose his head. 

He spoke, sincerely and lovingly, looking at the girl he fell in love with. "I actually had no clue you felt the same..." He paused. "My bestfriend, the girl I fell in love with, feels the same way...All this time, for years....there has one person in my heart.....Only you. Saranghae."

As he finished, everyone began to tease them more, but it didn't matter. They now had each other in a way they weren't able to have before. They were both happy and in love.

 

 

 

Ah....I hope you guys liked it. Please leave a comment!