01

Ottokae?

“What time will you be back tonight?” Seohyun said as she fixed Luhan’s tie.
“I’ll be back pretty late, my last tuition class ends at 11pm so I’ll be back at around midnight,” Luhan frowned.
Seohyun tried not to show her sadness but failed, “I-it’s okay,” she faked a smile.
“Seohyun, I’m so sorry but you know I need the money to support you and Zhuhan, right?” Luhan tried console her.
Seohyun nodded, “Y-yeah… I understand.”
“Alright, I’m off now, take care, don’t stay up too late!” Luhan gave Seohyun a quick peck on the lips and walked out the front door.

Seohyun closed the door and sighed. She understood that they needed the money in order to support themselves but she missed spending time with Luhan. Ever since the baby came, Luhan and Seohyun never had anytime to spend with each other. Everyday Luhan would come home late and Seohyun would be asleep, the only time they actually communicated with each other would be in the morning before Luhan left for work. Seohyun wasn’t blaming the baby for this, she just wished Luhan could get a break or something, she misses him, so badly.

---

“Ugh!” Seohyun groaned in frustration.
She had been trying to take a nap in the morning as she was up all night last night taking care of a crying Zhuhan.

There was a loud sound from outside which was preventing Seohyun from getting her well deserved rest.
She was about to go outside and give whoever was making that noise a piece of her mind.
“Yah! The noise is really disturbing so could you st-” she paused, “Ooh, do we have new neighbours?” Her eyes sparkled in happiness. She’s been looking for some company since Luhan was always at work and finally she has a neighbor.

“Oh, hello, are you my new neighbour?” A tall looking gentleman appeared from behind a stack of boxes.
“Ah, yes. My name is Xi Seohyun, and you are?” she greeted.
“Sehun. Oh Sehun,” he gave her his usual poker face.
“Is he always like this or…?” Seohyun thought to herself.
“Nice to meet you Mister Oh-” she got cut off.
“Sehun, just call me Sehun,” he corrected her.
“Oh, sorry. Anyway, Sehun, would you like some help moving in?” Seohyun offered.
“Thanks for the offer, I don’t want to be a bother,” Sehun declined.”

“Oh it’s okay, I don’t really have much to do now anyways,” Seohyun said.
Sehun thought for awhile, “In that case, sure, I would love to get some help from a pretty lady like you.” Sehun grinned.
Seohyun chuckled, “I bet you say that to all the girls who help you move in,”
“Maybe? Maybe not. Come one, let’s move the chairs and tables in so I can prepare us some snacks,” Sehun said.
“Alright, fighting!” Seohyun cheered.

---

“Wow, these cookies are really good,” Seohyun said as she took another bite of the cookie.

 “My mom made some for me as a housewarming gift,” Sehun chuckled, “I shall tell her to make more then seeing that you almost finished the entire jar of it.”
“Oops, sorry!” Seohyun apologised.
“Nah, I’m just messing with you, I have lots more in the cabinets, mom always brings one of her baked goods to my house every week,” Sehun said.
“Lucky you then,” Seohyun said.
“Eh, maybe?” Sehun shrugged.
“So, Sehun, tell me more about yourself,” Seohyun said.
“Well, I’m born in Seoul, I moved to Canada for 4 years to finish my studies before moving back to Seoul. After moving back to Seoul, I realised I needed to be independent and decided to move out and here I am today. What about you?” Sehun asked.
“Likewise, born in Seoul, worked as a teacher for 4 years but quit my job in order to take care of my son, Zhuhan.” Seohyun replied.
“Ah, so you’re a Mrs Xi?” Sehun asked.
“Yeah, but I would rather be called Seohyun.” Seohyun replied.
“Okay then, Seohyun, your husband must be a really lucky man," Sehun mumbled to himself.
"Pardon me? I didn't hear you," Seohyun said.
"Ah, nothing, just talking to myself," Sehun said.
"Okay then, anyway, I should go home now, my son is probably awake by now," Seohyun said with a slight disappointed look on her face. She really enjoyed Sehun's company, for once she didn't feel alone.


"Oh yeah, right. We should do this again sometime," Sehun smiled.
"Yes, yes we should, tomorrow at 2 maybe?" Seohyun asked.
"Sure, your husband won't mind?" Sehun asked.
"Nah, he's at work anyway and I miss having company, it gets very lonesome in the house especially since Zhuhan is sleeping almost all the time," Seohyun chuckled.
"Right, alright, see you tomorrow, Seohyun!" Sehun waved goodbye.
"See you, Sehun!" Seohyun waved back.

---

Sorry if this chapter was too short, the next one will be longer! ;;
{photo edit isn't mine}