Hoodies

Comfort

Dedicated to : Unni_OnTaeHolic ---- Love her and I hope to be a great author like her one day!!

___________________________________________

"Told you, you should have grabbed a coat."

Taemin is shivering; standing with thin arms clasped tight around his stomach, feet walking in place. His eyes are screwed up against the cold but, somehow, he still manages to send a glare in Minho's direction.

"Have manager-hyung get you one," Minho suggests, watching the way Taemin's thin t-shirt stretches into shadowed lines across his shoulder blades as Taemin hunches over.

They've been standing around for fifteen minutes while the members watch Taemin jiggle around to stay warm. It feels more like thirty or fourty. Breath turns to white mist when it leaves hot mouths and merges with cigarette smoke to create a cloud that twists the light flooding from one of the still lit lamps beside the camera tripod.

Taemin rubs at his arms and it makes the members wonder how long it takes to change a ing light bulb and who's bright idea was it to do a night shoot anyway? Isn't there at least one person on their payroll who could bring them a hot drink?

Taemin is busy watching SHINee's leader with bright eyes. He shuffles over, tugging on the flap of Jinki's hoodie.

Jinki looks at him weirdly. "Taemin," he warns.

Taemin's lips push into a slight pout; Jinki can see a blueish tinge to them.

Taemin plays with the tag on the hoodie's zipper, tugging it up and then down. "Let me in."

"Why don't you get manager-hyung to get you a coat?" Minho asks again, silently laughing.

It's useless though; Jinki is already holding the hoodie open so Taemin can shuffle forward and slide cold arms around his waist. The metal caps at the ends of Taemin's boots bump against the toes of Jinki's sneakers as Taemin presses close. Jinki jolts a little as a cold cheek bumps against his neck. He can feel Taemin's hands bunching up his t-shirt at the small of his back.

"Zip up," Taemin says, his voice a hot whisper against Jinki's chin.

Jinki laughs. "Taemin, you'll stretch it."

But that's useless too because, already, he's tugging the sides of the hoodie around Taemin's skinny frame. His fingers fumble with the zipper for a moment before it catches and he rips it up, encasing them both.

Taemin makes a pleased, purring sound and his arms tighten around Jinki's waist. The photographer snaps a picture of them like that and though Jinki frowns, he can feel Taemin smile against his neck.

And when the members see this, they laugh.

"Why didn't you bring a coat, you idiot?" Jonghyun says. "You'll stretch it doing that."

Taemin lifts his head to say, "It's big enough!" which is true really, though it might never fit quite the same again.

"Needed your snuggly blanket, did you?" Key asks. "Get manager-hyung to bring you a coat."

"He doesn't have any," Taemin says into the gap beneath Jinki's chin.

The lights take another twenty minutes to get right and, in that time, hot coffee arrives and their manager appears with a coat for Taemin. Jinki takes it and puts it on a chair beside the table where the coffee sits untouched.

Taemin hums against Jinki's neck and the warmth inside Jinki's hoodie is scorching.

---

He'd never admit it, but Taemin loves the smell of his lover's hoodies. Like minty chewing gum, cologne, a little like chicken and a lot like Jinki. The soapy coconut scent of shampoo engulfs Taemin when he pulls the hood up and he can smell the lingering perfume of Jinki's deodorant that clings to the material even when it's been washed.

They're soft too, the hoodies--Taemin loves that-- and worn because Taemin never chooses the new ones. He's not interested in the printed patterns when they are still stiff to the touch and won't wear them until the new store smell is replaced by Jinki's own. It's the same scent that clings to the blankets of Jinki's bed and to his bedroom at the dorm.

Taemin inhales the smell deeply, wondering if this is what it's like for a junkie getting their glue fix.

Taemin finds aching warmth in Jinki's scent; loves breathing in with his nose against Jinki's neck. He'll use the hoodie as a breathing mask while they watch a movie. Even when Jinki is close enough to smell in the flesh like he is now, rubbing his fingers through Taemin's long hair where his head rests in Jinki's lap.

"What are you doing under there? Not your thumb are you?" Minho throws some popcorn and it bounces off the patterned material of the hoodie. "You are such a baby with your snuggly blanket."

The hood is over Taemin's mouth and his nose so his retorting, "Shut up!" is muffled.

He burrows further under the hoodie, seeing Jinki's lips curve upwards out of the corner of his eye and he feels a hand squeeze his.

---

Taemin will wear a hoodie whenever they're officially on down time. When the air conditioning in the dorm is a little too cold, he hides his hands in the sleeves and tugs the hood up over his hair. He curls his legs up to his chest when he's sitting and tugs the hoodie down over his knees so it encases him in a little ball.

Jinki always makes a face and complains that he's stretching it but never makes Taemin stop.

Taemin zips them right up to the neck and pulls the material up high to cover his mouth and nose while they watch a movie, or listen to something that's work related, so he can smell Jinki. When he speaks the others are frustrated by the way his voice is muffled, so Taemin has to tug the material down, irritated that they force him to remove the breathing mask and repeat what he's said.

He never has to pull it away for Jinki.

When Taemin wants to tease Jinki he'll play with the zipper, tugging it up and down with a slow grin sliding across his face. Jinki will notice and Taemin can tell because the tips of his ears go a little pink. Then it's slow torture waiting until they can get away and Jinki can play with that zipper himself.

---

As a rule, Taemin hangs on to each hoodie for at least a week at a time; normally one Jinki himself has become quite attached to. Once it is warm and worn in, he steals off with it to use as a blanket or a pillow. He pulls them on his skinny frame, letting the baggy sleeves hang over his hands and occasionally chewing on the drawstrings dangling off the hood.

He likes to wear them to bed when the air conditioning in the dorm is too cold and the chosen hoodie is the first thing he slips into when he and Jinki are entwined in the narrow dorm beds.

Minho, Key, and Jonghyun love to when Taemin darts down the hallway; legs bare and skinny sticking out from under the hoodie as he goes to the kitchen for a snack or to the bathroom before disappearing back into the leader's room.

"Just because Jinki-hyung's shirts are dress size does not mean they're appropriate to wear like that!" Jonghyun calls, as Taemin shuffles past, stuffing a piece of toast in his mouth.

Eyes, lined with the smudged remains of yesterday's makeup that didn't quite wash off, glare out from under the hood before a delicate finger is flipped upwards and Taemin disappears into the room where Jinki is waiting with the next episode of Heirs.

He's wearing one of them now. Even though it's not cold, the hood is pulled up over his hair. The zips are open and Taemin has both fists jammed into the pockets on the side. It looks ridiculously large, hanging off his skinny frame.

They're outside on the swings next to the garage at the studio. The fans haven't figured out they're here yet, or there'd be no way they'd be doing this. They used to sit out here all the time, in the dark, hot, summer nights when they were recording their first album but now there are girls lurking at the letterbox all the time.

"Brr... it's cold," Taemin complains, zipping the hoodie up.

"Is not," Jinki says.

He's sitting on one of the swings, rocking gently back and forth with Taemin standing in front of him. Jinki rocks forward and nudges Taemin's leg with his foot.

Taemin tugs the sleeves of the hoodie down over his hands and Jinki frowns. "Taemin, you're going to stretch it."

Taemin pouts and grabs the bottom of the hoodie. Lifting the hem, he steps forward and brings it down over Jinki's head, trapping him in the material. One of Jinki's feet kicks out, startled and connects barely with Taemin's shin. Inside the hoodie, he kisses Taemin's stomach.

---

Mouths meet, smile and shift with the wet slide of tongues and the hot, moist steam of breath. They're both wearing hoodies tonight, pulled up over messy hair and the material blocks out the rest of the world as it dampens the sound of their kisses.

They sit cross legged on Jinki's bed. Their knees bump and fingers dig into jeans and curl into soft sweatshirt material as their lips touch.

Eventually it gets to be too much and Taemin has to pull back a little. Sitting up he pushes the hood back and off his head. His face is flushed, his eyes smiling.

---

"You were nervous tonight," it's not a question.

Jinki shrugs a little. He is leaning back on his bed, resting against the pillows he stacked up against the wall. "You were," he counters. "I can tell." He eyes the hoodie Taemin is wearing. It is gray with an elaborate paisley print. Jinki was wearing it this morning.

Taemin has the hood pulled up and his hair slides down either side of his face. He takes a sip of banana milk. "Little bit."

Jinki's mouth twists and he shrugs again. He sits up, reaching out to tug on Taemin's wrist. Taemin slides forward, slumping against his leader's side and pushing his face into the older's neck.

Jinki tugs a little on the tag of the hoodie Taemin has on. Metal teeth clink lightly as they seperate then join again.

"I like this one," Taemin murmurs, his lips moving against Jinki's neck.

Jinki smiles. "I know."

---

The first time Taemin wears one of Jinki's hoodies is the first time they meet as trainees.

Taemin and Jinki have just been told they would be in the same group with three other boys. Taemin is shaking a little.

"You cold?" Jinki asks and Taemin nods though they both know he's not cold.

"Here." Jinki shrugs off his hoodie and hands it to Taemin who pulls it over his head.

"Thanks."

Jinki smiles. "I'll... see you at lunch." He walks away, needing to do something else.

"Yeah." Taemin watches as Jinki throws one last look at him.

When Taemin walks down the halls and past an adult, he pulls the hood up over his head. It doesn't block out the sound of the trainee who says, "," into his hand or the others that laugh, but it does mean that Taemin doesn't have to look at them.

"Taemin, take that off your head," an older trainee says.

Taemin makes a face but ignores the trainee and begins to write a letter to Jinki with his favorite pen.

When he inhales, he can smell Jinki all around him.

---

He'd never admit it, but Jinki loves the smell of his hoodie after Taemin's been wearing it. Like sweet banana milk, flowers, a little like moisturizer and a lot like Taemin. The sugary smell of gummies fill Jinki's nose when he pulls up the hood. When he reaches into his pocket where he left some lyric notes, he will find a half-finished bag of sweets, or an empty container of banana milk instead.

Taemin's smell reminds Jinki of home and the countless hours curled up watching TV; of falling asleep with Taemin cuddled in his lap and singing while Taemin curls into him, clutching his shirt tightly.

Taemin wears a hoodie for a week before abandoning it for one that Jinki has made his own. Then Jinki will find it, draped over a chair or lying on the sofa and he will slip it on and pull the hood up, inhaling deeply.

He always complains, but really, Taemin doesn't stretch them all that much.

------

And it's done~~! Did you like it?? I wanted to make something cute and I'm just like- Taemin wearing Jinki's clothes. :3 Leave comments or concerns, babies!! Thank you~! :3