Chapter 1

Passion for Dance

 

 

The studio bounced as the loud music echoed in the room. In the middle of the room, stood a lean, built Korean. It was Taeyang.

With a black wife-beater and loose dark jeans, he moved his body with ease. His skin glistened in the light as his sweat covered his body. Muscles bulged from his arm and legs as he moved with confidence. A smile spread across his face while he danced to the rhythm of his own voice from the boom box.

Just as his voice faded and he finished the choreography with style, the sound of footsteps came.

As he clapped his hands, he smiled and commented, “Wow, that was great!”

“Thanks, Shaun,” Taeyang grinned. “It’ll look better once I practice more with Ji Hye.”

Shaun’s smile disappeared as Taeyang finished his sentence. “Speaking of Ji Hye, she broke her ankle.”

Taeyang’s face changed from happy to devastated. “Is she alright?”

“She’ll be fine.”

“Oh thank goodness!”

“But she won’t be able to dance with you at the concert.”

“Oh. I’m just glad she’s fine.”

“Taeyang, this is more serious than you think. You need a dance partner and fast! That routine takes months to perfect, but we only have weeks until the concert.”

“Shaun, it’ll be fine. We just need a fast learner and talented dancer.”

"Now where are we going to find a dancer perfect for this routine?" Shaun began to tap his chin as he started to think of a perfect match. “Wait!” he yelled as a light bulb flashed above his head.

Taeyang turned to his teacher with a confused look, “What is it?”

“My niece! She’s an amazing dancer and a good listener. She learns fast and loves to dance!”

“Great! Where is she?”

“That’s the problem. She’s at the Philippines with her mom. My sister isn’t very fond of dancer.”


 

Taeyang and Shaun returned back to their house.

“I’ll go call my sister, right now.”

Shaun went into his room and picked up the phone. “Sasha? Hey, it’s me Shaun.”

“Hey, what’s up?”     

“Where’s Rachel?”

“She’s in her bedroom right now. Why what’s wrong?”

“No, nothing at all. Can I talk to her for a bit?”

“Hello?” the other line answered.

“Hey, Rachel! It’s me Uncle Shaun. Look, I need a favor. My friend needs a dance partner and I know you’d be perfect for it.”

Shaun held his breath as the long pause echoed in his ear.

“Yes! I’ll definitely do it!” she agreed.

“Oh, thank goodness!”

“But what about my mom?”

Shaun knew his sister wouldn’t let her only daughter leave the country, let alone dance and perform. Sasha hated singers and dancers aside from him. It always reminded her of her Rachel’s father, the monster that left her all alone.

“Can you put her on the phone?”

“Hello,” Sasha answered.

Shaun started to think and gathered all the courage he had left, “Want to come over in Korea?”

“What?”         

“It’s just for a year.  I miss you guys and I haven’t seen you in year! My house has two extra rooms for you guys and I can get you a job at my agency.”

“I don’t know, Shaun. Just leave everything here for a whole year. What about Rachel?”

“She’s fine with it. Please, Sasha,” he pleaded.

“Are you sure we won’t be intruding?”

His voice began to fill with hope as she began to budge, “Of course not! Everything will be set!” 



 

I had a much shorter and less detail version of this chapter but it didn't quite work. 

Comment and subscribe. 

=]