Jong In: What Taemin said

Fool

Taemin said that we’re both fools.

He shook his head when I told him what had occurred between me and Jie 15 minutes before he called me.

“You need to work something out, Jjong. Don’t leave her hanging,” was what he said.

He asked me to work something out but I don’t know what to do and how to start. I know it’s bad that I’m dragging the situation but then I’m not fond of facing that impossible frustrating situation again.

“Kai!” I turned to Sehun as he passed me the ball.

Ah right, we’re playing football. Luhan came for a visit and whenever he came for a visit, there will be a football match no matter the weather condition. If it’s hailing, he will still play. If there’s a thunderstorm, he will still kick the ball. Even if there’s a cyclone, he will still drag Sehun down to the field. And if he drags Sehun, Sehun will drag me and I will then drag Taemin with me.

Not that Sehun hates it, but he knows he’s gonna be useless if it’s just him and Luhan.

“Hyung, catch,” I kicked the ball to Luhan before watching him strike it towards the goal.

The girls that came to watch us shriek their voice out as the game ends. Uhuh, we won. Again. I smirked.

“Damn, I wish that guy hasn’t graduated yet,” I turned to look at Myung Soo. He was from the school’s football team.

Yeah, we went against the school’s own football team and won with just Luhan at our side.

I chuckled as we both watch Luhan do his trademark victory marathon. Even though not liking his girlish looks, he is pretty narcissistic about his body.

As he passed by us, I hooked my arm around his neck.

After five minutes of rolling on the muddy field due to Sehun tackling both of us down and Taemin joining us stack of humans, we went to the sides to meet up with the rest of the gang.

There were only Chen (tsk), Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol as Suho said that he had some other priorities that he needs to do.

“Great game, guys,” Kyungsoo smiled, crinkles appearing at the edge of his wide eyes. Do Kyungsoo despite looking enigmatic and alien-like most of the time, is a pretty cool guy. He’s part of the school band alongside Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Should have joined them, shouldn’t you Baekgu?” Chen teased as he elbowed Baekhyun at the sides. Now this guy, Kim Jong Dae or famously known as Chen, not that I hate him (well I do. Only when he flirts with Jie. I mean, come on, there are other girls out there!), is part of the mischievous triplets that consists of him, Baekhyun and Chanyeol – people who screams and talks loudly.

Baekhyun just glared at Chen. Sadly for him, he had just gotten healthy from a fever. He’s a good football player despite of his short stature and he’s a freaking good singer too. 

“Yeah, congrats guys. You’re done right? We’re gonna go to the arcade first before the basketball game,” About Chanyeol. Well, he’s a giant elf. Big ears, big eyes, deep voice, height of more than 189 cm and he’s still growing.

“Yeah, see you guys later,” I mumbled.

The four of us walked back into the senior building, heading towards the boys changing at the other end.

“Don’t be , Sehun. You’re just a baby like Tao is,” Luhan and I laughed at Taemin’s statement. We were slapping each other with our face towels to see who can hit the hardest. Sehun, who is now pouting (as disgusting as the kid can be) got hit by Taemin, harder than he anticipated.

“He cried once – woah,” I felt my side being hit by something and as caused of losing balance, I fell down. Looking up, I saw that the ‘something’ was a girl.

Girls. Do they really need telescopes to see where they are going?

“Jesus, woman, look where you’re going will you?!” I said in anger as I stood up and pick up my towel.

Sehun snickered as Taemin grinned. Luhan went to help the girl stand up only to have his hand slapped away.

Not just stupid, but pretty rude.

She stood up on her own and after dusting herself, she walks away from us quickly.

“Hey, you, stop there,” my voice rang throughout the corridor. It was after school, so there were pretty many kids there. Everybody turned when they heard me.

I don’t like attention, but she hasn’t apologized.

The girl stops at her tracks. Min Ji and Amber came out of the classroom we were standing in front of. Min Ji’s face was pale like she has seen a ghost while Amber was scowling, like she always does whenever I’m around now.

Ignoring them, I approach the girl. “Jong In,” Luhan warned me. I took a short glance at him before walking back towards the problem maker of the situation.

“You didn’t apologize,” the girl flinched when I said that.

I smirked, scared aren’t we?

She kept quiet even though I indicated what she should have said.

I sighed. Not just stupid and rude, but pretty dumb too.

Wait, stupid and dumb are the same.

“Hey, do you even hear what I said?” I pulled her shoulder to turn her over. She was looking at the ground, her long bangs covering her face.

She’s not shy, is she?

“Seriously, apologize,”

I grabbed her chin and pulled her face upwards.

Well, I guess I made a mistake.

Quickly, I retract my hand from her face.

It was Jie and she was glaring at me. For as long I have known her, she has never look at someone with such cold eyes before.

Or maybe, I am just an exception.

An apology almost crept out of my mouth when she suddenly turned to look at the people behind me.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

Damn it, don’t say sorry.

Without saving another glance for me, she turned and walks away.

“Jie,” I called.

I don’t know where it came from. But seeing her ignoring me, gives me a bad feeling.

“Roi Ji Eun,” I called again.

She just walks away.

“Jie! Jie, come on!”

She didn’t even spare a second to look back.

Panic starts to bubble inside me.

She’s not turning back, is she?

Turn back, turn back, and look at me.

“Hey,” I called for the last time.

But it was worthless, Jie disappeared into the crowd.

She’s gone?

You need to work something out, Jjong. Don’t leave her hanging.

Taemin’s advice rang through my head.

Is it too late?

“Oppa,” Min Ji’s voice caught me out of my thoughts. Min Ji tugs at Taemin’s sleeve. He turned and smiled at his twin. She took a glance at me and then at where Jie had disappeared too.

She whispered something to her brother. Not that I care about it but she must be talking about us, for sure.

I sighed and walked back towards them.

A sudden shiver ran through my spine when I felt a glare burning at my back as I took my water bottle from Sehun.

I turned. Amber was standing beside Luhan, glaring at me. When she saw me looking at her, I swear, the temperature dropped below zero.

Slowly, I turned to Taemin who was giving me a sad smile.

I get what you mean now buddy.