2 - Chapter 1

Pretty, Ugly

 

 

 

"You're bleeding." Jongin , who now goes by the name, Kai, pointed out and I lowered down my gaze at my knee and sure enough, there were scratches-- probably from the earlier fall. It was nothing serious but it would leave scars on my flawless body so I excused myself to the washroom. 

 

"I need to go and clean up this mess." 

 

With a skin colored band-aid to cover the scratches and gels to make sure it won't leave scars, Kai and I continued on with our business.  

 

"We need to take a look of your schedules first, and maybe squeeze in a day or two for the shoot." I said, writing something along the lines on my notebook.  

 

When I first found out that Jongi-- Kai starts to get himself involve around the music industry as a solo singer, I couldn’t help but felt a little bit of shock. 

 

The Jongin that plays around in high school, the Jongin who sleeps with girls like he's breathing, the one who can't keep his eyes off to any girl in school, the one who seems to only fool around in classes has actually became one of the top stars in Korea. How could I not know that? 

 

"It has always been my dream to stand on the stage." He said. 

 

Kai nodded, agreeing with my suggestion as I planned out a shoot for the CF. "Sounds good." He turned out to be the endorser for my mom's clothes brand along with some actress. Since Kai has busy schedules, the only time he had for a meeting was that day and I had to make another appointment with the actress. 

 

He was kind enough to give me a ride back to the company after finding out that I've smashed my phone on the ground.  

I've been keeping my barrier down for too long with this guy. I should, I always do with my clients but not that extend where I would go on a ride with them.  

 

But there I was, sitting awkwardly with my hands on my lap staring out the window, trying to ignore the close proximity between Kai's thigh and mine.  

 

The ride was quiet with Kai's head leaning on the backrest, he was probably tired so I kept my mouth shut--not that I intend to speak anyways. I became more careful with my breathing, my movements in order to not wake him up.  

 

"We're here, Miss Shin." The manager said and I whispered a quiet 'thanks' before getting off the car. A foot stuck out in between the car door, preventing me from closing them. A pair of eyes stared at me, "You didn’t just think of going without saying goodbye to me, didn’t you?" 

 

I find it useless to bid my goodbyes at him since we'll meet in a week or so anyways. But he's still my client and the endorser. Being the top star, how well the winter collection sell depends on him so I politely smiled. Fake. I extended out my hand for a handshake and he ignored it for the second time that day. 

 

Instead, he leaned in closer and went for a peck on my cheek instead. "Good night." He smirked and closed the door, leaving me so annoyed and pissed.  

 

I swear to god, I would've punched his guts if I could.  

 

I wiped away the spot he kissed and scrunched my face in disgust. Just because he's gorgeous. I laughed at myself for even thinking that Jongin has changed. 

 

Jongin or Kai, they're still the same person. 

 

 

 

The meeting with Bae Suzy was a couple of days later and everything went smoother than expected with Jongin's schedules didn’t clash with Suzy's, making it easier for us to pick a day to shoot the CF. 

 

I dropped by at the shooting place to organize the clothes and suitable scenes to go with it. With sunglasses to cover my swollen eyes from the heavy drinking and instant noodles from the day before and chai latte in one hand, keeping me warm in the freezing weather, I walked inside to only met with the already familiar pair of brown eyes. 

 

"It's you, again." I muttered under my breath but put up a broad smile on my face nonetheless. Fake. "You're early, though." I said to him who was lazing around on the couch in the waiting room. "The shooting won't start until 2 hours." I continued. 

 

He, who was lying down on the couch looked incredibly sleepy and tired but still gorgeous at the same time. "I heard you were coming early, so." If I hadn't paid attention to what he was saying I would've missed his words since he said them so softly, as if he was actually shy to say them out loud. 

 

I laughed light-heartedly. Fake. "You shouldn’t have though. You need to sleep so that you'll look at least not dying of exhaustion in the CF." 

 

He laughed and I was terrified of myself when I wished that I could hear them again. It sounds like music to my ears, his laughter.

"I'd still look dashing anyway." He narcissistically said. I an eyebrow at his vain comment and bit down a rude comeback. 

 

I've been dying to ask about the sudden kiss the other night but I can't bring myself to utter out any word. I decided to just let it left unsaid. He probably does that to any other girls he meets anyway. It probably means nothing and just a normal 'good night' kiss from him. 

 

"You know, the kiss the other day? … I'm sorry about that. I didn’t what came to me to suddenly gather my courage to do so." He spoke up and I was quite surprised to see him speaking up about that. 

 

"No, it's okay. You're probably so used to do it with other woman that--." Jerk, that was what I meant to say. No one-- I say, no one kisses Shin Aerin without permission.  I was cut off when he suddenly stood up and neared me, dangerously closing the gap between our bodies.  

 

"I don’t." He gritted his teeth in anger. "I used to, but I stopped, years ago." I felt so small standing so close to him and not to mention if I lift up my head just an inch, our lips would meet and I was being extra careful with my steps. 

 

"I've been …" He hesitated to utter out the next words. He opened up his mouth again, "I've always--" But this time it was not his hesitance that stopped him from talking, it was a voice of another man.

 

"We need to get ready in 5 minutes, Ms. Shin." 

 

He stepped back away from me as the guy opened the door wide enough to poke his head in. "We have less than 2 hours left, Miss." I nodded my head and walked through the door, leaving him in his troubled state of mind, not that I care of.  

 

 

"Aerin." 

 

I ignored his calls and ordered him to take off the jacket an replaced it with the long coat. "This looks good on you." Especially since he has long legs, but I won't say that out loud. "Turn around." He groaned but did as I told him to do so. 

 

Both of us had been trying our clothes, trying to pick out the suitable ones in each scenes. Kai did make the work a lot easier since he's already there and could help me pick the better choices with the help of my mother's assistant. 

 

"Take that off and try these on." I pushed him into the corner where the fitting room was where he could change but he didn’t budge. "Kai." I sternly sweetly said and I was just about to reveal myself by letting my inner mode out but I was reminded that someone else was in the room.  

 

"Kai-sshi." I said, this time calmly and with a soft, patient smile on my face. "Can you change into these, please? Thank you." I threw the clothes at his face, not failing to make it hit his perfect face. He winced in pain and I inwardly laughed at his agony.  

 

"Make it quick." I innocently said with a bat of my eyelashes as a cheery on top. "Just because you're cute." He muttered under his breath but loud enough for the both of us to hear.  

 

Please, I'm anything but cute. 

 

 

 

 

Those were the first unbearable encounters that I felt the need to punch the out of his perfect self. And it continued on for a few weeks after that. 

 

But he grew off on me, unfortunately.

 

One second I ing hate his guts, but a second later I find myself laughing at his dumbness.

 

The way he put a hand around me when we're around the paparazzi , the way he gets me coffee every morning, and if he has time, he drops by at the office. 

 

The texts and calls, I hates those the most --- at first, but after a few weeks I find myself waiting for it, every single night. 

 

And eventually I showed my real self to him. Not the nice and proper Aerin, the rude and y one.  

 

And he doesn’t care.

 

 

 

 

 Thanks alot for subbing!