1 - Prologue

Pretty, Ugly

I had no time for a little reunion, I doubt that he even remembers me. So I quickly gathered my stuff from him and slightly bowed my head in gratitude. "Thanks … sir." Trying to hide the fact that I still recognize him even after all these years. 

 

Leaving anything that I don’t need on the ground, I made a move to run again. My client could be waiting by now and nothing good will happen if I'm too late.  

 

But Baekhyun held a firm grasp on my arm as he successfully turned me around, almost making me fall if the hold on my arm wasn’t strong, I would've planted my face on the ground.  

 

"Aerin , right?" He asked but I denied. "If you excuse me, I have better things to get to." I harshly pulled my arm from his palm. 

 

 

 

It seems like I wasn’t the only one that's late .I ended up being the one that needs to wait. With that time that I had, I fixed my makeup that was ruined while I was running and tied my hair. I looked through the mirror and thought that it's best if I put it down. It suits me better that way. I just look too nice with my hair up. 

 

A guy suddenly made himself comfortable on the chair right across. I bowed at him and introduced myself as I extended my hand out, waiting for a hand shake. I put my hand down as all the man did was tilt his head and a wide smirk made its way on his face.  

 

Something about him seems familiar. That smirk, especially that smirk. "You still look the same." And that teasing voice. I'm pretty much sure I've heard that before. But I couldn’t exactly put my finger on who he was. It was all blurry. 

 

The sunglasses was covering almost half off his face as it lazily stayed on his nose, making him look as irresistible as ever, along with that bee-stung lips of his, smirking right at me. Very familiar. 

 

If he looked gorgeous with his sunglasses on, it was nothing compared to what he looks like without it. The brown eyes that seems that pulls you in, the sharp jaw, his bee-stung lips and y tanned skin with his jet black hair covering his forehead, falling at the right places, making him look effortlessly beautiful. Yes, beautiful. 

 

I've seen him before. That I'm sure off but I still can't figure out where. 

 

"So you don’t remember me, huh?" He asked, propping his chin on his right palm. My brows furrowed but I remembered nothing. His looks could be a little bit distracting. 

 

"I finally get to see you after your MIA for 8 years." He commented and from that I figured out that he's someone from school. I pursed my lips into thin line as I thought hard about who he was. 

 

The said man chuckled as he looked at me, "Cute." 

 

And it all suddenly clicked.  

 

"Kim Jongin? 

 

When a small smile etched itself on his face, I knew I'm right. "Took you long enough."