Prologue

Evanescent

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jongin changed into a plain navy blue cotton shirt, which made him feel more comfortable than his torso fitted suit that appears to be suffocating.

 

Grabbing the sink's curved edges with one hand, he wiped the hanging mirror with his other arm, trying to remove the fog that makes his reflection blur.


The water drips from the old white faucet. The ripples echoed as if it is forever.

 

He groaned, graping his own deep seated lonely eyes. 
He stepped out of the comfort room and dusted off his bare feet on the white rug.

 

Few steps away from where Jongin, he sighted a cream tinted sheet covering the bed was taken over by Kyungsoo. 


Jongin left his heavy steel watch on the small wooden desk beside the sofa.
The icy numb tiles allowed a mild current pass through under his skin as he took a step.

 

Leaving the dim lamp, Jongin sat beside Kyungsoo on the hospital bed."Tomorrow is a big day." 
"Will you wait for me tomorrow?" Kyungsoo asked keeping his trembling voice controlled.
"Of course. I will stay by your side, tomorrow and forever." Jongin perched on the plastic headboard, crossing one leg over the other.

 

Kyungsoo curled to Jongin, making his tan arms as comfortable pillows.

Jongin shut his eyes for some seconds and snuffled.
Kyungsoo noticed Jongin's notion and stealthily looked his face.

 

The silence among the thin air was defeaning, allowing the two to discern even the tiniest sounds.

With his tender touch, Kyungsoo traced Jongin's long lashes one by one.
He counted Jongin's ribs through the layers of his clothes, like every single one is delicate enough to feel his pounding heart.

 

"lub dub. lub dub."  Kyungsoo hushed. Jongin smiled.
 

"Can you hear my heart beating for you?" the silent moon surrounded by the galaxy of stars reflected on Jongin's face.
 

"I'm sorry you won't hear mine for you." Kyungsoo seemed upset.
 

Jongin cupped Kyungsoo's face and directed towards him. "Hearing nor seeing doesn't count. As long as I can feel it beating for me, I will wear the smile you gave me for infinity."

"I'm so grateful that I met someone like you." Kyungsoo tucked his face into Jongin's neck.
 

"Not as much as how thankful I am for having you. I love you." Jongin fastened his cuddle to Kyungsoo's waist.
 

"I love you more." Kyungsoo nuzzled Jongin's face.

 

Darkness drifted the night, the pale moon was covered, and the stars changed positions as they always do.
Drowned into sleep, the two held in their hearts the same prayer needed not to be spoken.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

-please do comment if is it "nah" or "WTF this is so amazing! i want more!!!" or "hmm. boring" or "WTH is this?!!!"

-kath