Distance

Onkey Drabbles

So close but so far away…

Jinki thought to himself as he eyed down the last piece of meat on his plate. So full from the massive amount he had already had to eat, but still wanting the food, regardless of his stomachs grumbling pleads. He picked it up with his chopsticks and brought it up to his lips, yet he just couldn’t find it in him to put the food in his mouth.

He lowered it back to his plate and put his chopsticks down, leaning back in his chair to stretch after sitting in a fixed spot for so long. Suddenly he felt like he could fit a tad more food in his stomach as the contents of his bowls rearranged themselves. However group laughter disrupted him from his intense thoughts and he raised his head to see his bandmates all laughing at a joke he had missed.

He watched the way each of their faces lit up happily as they all conversed. But one in particular stood out from the rest. His black hair framing his face perfectly, even though it had just been washed and left to air dry. He watched as his pink bow lips raised at the corners, enough to meet his ears. And he watched as his eyes turned to crescent moons, or almonds maybe, as he let out a laugh that could sing you to sleep.

‘I’m not like that Hyung. I-I can’t be like that.”

He watched as his bandmates, friends, and brothers all sat around the table, joking with each other and just having a good time, not worrying about anything and just enjoying themselves. He looked back down to his plate where his uneaten food was still lying. And all of a sudden he felt sick.

So close but so far away…

 

~

 

Really short drabble but I sort of like this one and I couldn't leave it out. Please let me know what you think and if you have a promt or suggestion I'm happy to hear it xx

Word Count; 303