New Years Resolutions

Onkey Drabbles

“Are you free tonight?”

“Uh, I think I have work. Sorry babe, but I only left your place like a few hours ago. You alright?”

“Mm, I’m fine, I just miss you” blush, nervous laugh, quick stutter. “Are you sure you have to go to work? It’s new year’s eve for god’s sake!” Impatience.

Muffled shuffling, sigh. “I’ll see if I can pull a sickie, call you back in five” Dial tone.

6 minutes and 27 seconds, ringtone, smile. “I’ll be over in 20 minutes. Yes I’ll bring dinner.”

~

3 knocks on the door brought Kibum from his place on the couch to the front door. He quickly opened it, not checking who it was as he already knew. Standing on the other side of the door in the chilly night stood an angel, well not an angel but if Kibum were to even try to describe him he would start with comparing the older man to the heavenly creature.

Reaching out, Kibum grabbed his boyfriends arm, pulling him into the warm house and quickly into a sweet kiss that had him pressed up against the wall in seconds, the door being kicked shut behind them. The food in the older boys hand quickly dropped to the floor, his arms snaking their way around Kibum’s waist, settling on his hips. The slightly damaged food was quickly forgotten however as the younger of the two threaded his fingers into the other man’s hair and pulled on it slightly at the same time that he bit down lightly on his boyfriends lower lip, using the gasp and low moan to add his tongue into their kiss.

This lasted a while until Kibum’s stomach growled and he remembered the food on the floor and broke the kiss. “Hi honey” he whispered and pecked his boyfriends lips once more before bending down to pick up the bag of food best he could while still in the older man’s arms. “We should probably warm this up, it feels kinda cold. What is it anyway?” Kibum asks, not making any move to free himself from the hold on his hips.

“Chinese. You get clingy when you want Chinese so I thought that was the safe move” The older announced, slowly moving his hand under Kibum’s sweat shirt and tracing patterns in the crook of his lower back. Kibum automatically felt bad at the use of the word ‘clingy’ as it inferred, in his head, that he was annoying his boyfriend. He went to apologize but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak the older boy continued. “But I don’t mind when you get clingy babe” he said, removing the hand on the youngers lower back to move the hair out of his eyes, his cheek as he moved his hand back down. “It just makes you more adorable.”

Kibum, deciding that he didn’t want to cry at his boyfriends adorableness simply kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear “You’re full of Jinki. I love you” and pulled away from the older man’s hold and into the kitchen with the now cold take out. He dished them up plates of what he knew they both liked best and microwaved them for a few minutes each.

As he reached to get the finished 2nd plate, arms slithered around his waist and a head buried itself in the crook of his shoulder. “So I checked your movies and I’m up for Moulin Rouge or Dreamer.” He announced, arms slithering around the Kibum’s waist as he watched the younger boy finish preparing their meal.

But movies didn’t really sound appealing to the raven haired boy, especially when he had seen them already hundreds of times before. “Or we could just do shots after dinner and make out a bit.” He suggested while he lightly sprinkled some pepper on some of his food, not even bothering to meet the older man’s face.

Jinki pecked his temple and the younger boy frowned as he felt the warmth disappearing from his back. “Sounds good, I don’t have work tomorrow or the day after because I’m sick” the blonde imitated the scene in Mean Girls when the girl on the phone does the fake cough, making Kibum double over in laughter and a smile grace the lips of his partner. “Plus I know you got the week off for the New Year, so I guess you won’t mind waking up at 3pm tomorrow with a hangover and a sore .” Kibum didn’t miss the smirk and suggestive wink that lit up on Jinki’s face before he crossed the kitchen and kicked him dangerously close to his ‘special area’, purposely missing it because hey, maybe he did want a sore tomorrow.

~

“Stars are pretty Kibum-ssi, can you see how pretty they are? They remind me of you.” Jinki giggled as he shifted his gaze to his boyfriend lying on the tiles next to him. Somehow the two men had ended up on the roof of Kibum’s house, wanting to watch the fireworks as they went off at midnight, celebrating the New Year in their drunken state. Both were drunk off their heads on tequila shots.

Kibum just giggled like a high school girl at the compliment, his cheeks flushing red. “Kibum-ssi, please don’t say I’m full of when I compliment you. You know I’m really just full of love for you.”

“Yah! Jinki when did you become so cheesy?” he watched his boyfriends face fall just the slightest bit as he was shut down after probably spending a lot of his sober time trying to come up with that line. “Aish. Jinki you know I’m full of love for you too.”

“Promise?” the blonde boy perked back up and held out his pinky finger for his boyfriend to shake with his own. Kibum just giggled at his childish boyfriend.

“I promise babe” Kibum linked their pinkies together and smiled. Then giggled.

And suddenly the countdown started, the numbers down from 10 being yelled by the people in the neighbourhood around them.

‘10’

“Kibum-ssi, don’t ever leave me”

‘9

Kibum just raised their hands and moulded them together, their fingers fitting perfectly with each others like pieces of a puzzle.

‘8’

“Never ever.”

‘7’

He kissed the back of Jinki’s hand, intertwined with his own.

‘6’

“I would never”

‘5’

“I’m not sick of you yet.”

‘4’

Jinki sqeezed his hand as a smile lit his face.

‘3’

“Kibum-ssi, saranghae.”

‘2’

“I love you too” he replied in English.

‘1’

Neither of them wished each other a happy new year until the next day as they both leant in at the same time and shared a long, chaste kiss just as the fireworks started, the first of many more to come.

To 3 years of love. And an eternity more to come.

~

Kibum’s did hurt the next day, as well as his head.

 

~

 

@_@ *Hides under counter* So i was at a friends house for New Years and she gave me a promt that i took too far. Please let me know if you like it it helps me heaps.

Word Count; 1160