e p i l o g u e ~Wait for me~

The Princess and the Nerd

It's been years since Hongbin had been transferred to another school in America.
While he's studying in school, I will be on other some of the planet, in my dreamland. Vice versa when I'm studying in school. It was pretty hard to communicate with him these days because...
1. Time difference
2. Hongbin's tight schedule
3. My constant preparations for the upcoming college entrance examinations.

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I think it's because of Hongbin, I'm finally found my confidence in doing well in my studies. And that's why I chose to take the college entrance examinations.


And I did, I was able to enter a prestigious college in South Korea.
It was only from then, Hongbin and I hardly talked anymore. We became very distant and we hardly had time to chat through skype or video chat.


College was tough. It was difficult for me to survive through the first term with all the assignments and projects.
I was really at the verge of dropping out of college by the time I reached the second semester, I really couldn't keep up with the pressure from work.

On the day that I actually felt like giving up, I went home and laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.


"Miss Nam... You have a letter from America..." 

I sat up to see my butler standing next to my bed, with an envelope.

Usually, my butler would be taking care of my personal things and taking care of me as my parents are usually away due to work or business trips. It was as if my butler was a second father to me, just like how Hongbin somewhat became like my brother.

I took the letter from the butler and read it. It was written in a handwriting which I hadn't seen in a long time.

Dear Hyunmi,
I heard you got into college! Congratulations! 
I think by the time you read this letter, you would have already gone past a few semesters. And I'm sure you're pretty stressed out, eh? Don't worry... I would already be back in South Korea by the time you read this letter too! Please do visit me! I'll be visiting my alma mater these few days as I'm on an attachment course! 

Also, I missed talking to you... I hope you didn't forget me!
Hope to see you soon~

Love,
Hongbin


I never expected to be able to meet Hongbin again. 
Hence, I took a day off from school during the weekend to visit my Alma Mater. 

"Ah it's so good to see you again, Hyunmi!" 

I met my favourite Dean in the school office as I was looking for Hongbin.

"Ah, Hongbin! That hardworking little boy that grew up to be a charming man... he should be in the cafeteria tutoring students!"

I head on down to the cafeteria as instructed to find Hongbin. As I walked there, I thought about the times where Hongbin and I sat together in the cafeteria as he tutors me. 

And there he is.

He donned over a new hazel brown hair colour, but his face didn't change a bit.
I recognised that face and his dimples, it was that expression that he always show when he was satisfied with the quiz results.
He gave that face to the young female student sitting next to him. I could see my past self in that female student, clueless and aimless, so confused about humanities until Hongbin picked me up and changed my life.

"So we're done for today!" Hongbin smiled as he stood up. "I'll see you in class tomorrow!"
He got up to leave and he stopped again when our eyes met.

"Nam Hyunmi?" Hongbin spoke up, taking a step closer to me.
"Lee Hongbin!" I shouted. I couldn't help myself but to take a big step towards him and embraced him.

"It's been a while!" I giggled.

"I missed you..." Hongbin said.

We then sat back down on the tables in the cafeteria, just like always during our school days.


"So you're currently a teacher in training?" I asked.
"Yes... I requested to be sent back Seoul for my attachment program. So I'll be spending most of my time here for about 4 months?" Hongbin explained.

Then, there was an awkward silence between the two of us.
We hadn't talked in a long time, I expected to have loads of questions for him. But my brain was so empty, it could have been because of the stress from school.

"So... I heard that you were stressed?" Hongbin asked.
"Oh. Yeah... I am..." I lowered my head shyly. "I wanted to drop out of college because I really couldn't handle it..."

Hongbin didn't say anything but he just smiled. "Come. Let's de-stress, shall we?"
He held onto my hand as he decided to bring me out to "de-stress"

I blushed heavily, this is probably the first time Hongbin has ever held my hand. I could feel his warm hands as it started to relief the pressure built up in my emotions.

 

The place that Hongbin brought me was the water park that I brought him to years ago.
Years back, the water park was newly opened and it was crowded with people.
Now, everyone has decided to visit the Lotte water park opened near Lotte world and lesser people came to this one that we were at.

"Come on... Let your muscles relax and enjoy the water!" Hongbin head on to the male changing room to change.
I didn't hesitate and I went off to change as well. 

When we're both in the water, Hongbin was swimming gracefully in the water as usual.
I could feel my muscle stiffen up as I haven't been into the pool ever since I started college. 

I let myself float on the water instead to help relax my muscles.
That was when a pair of arms came in and hugged me from the back. 

"Did you miss this place?" Hongbin asked.
I stayed quiet as I looked up and stared into Hongbin's soaked face that glittered in the light. 

"I couldn't stop thinking about this place when I was in the States... I couldn't stop thinking about how you introduced this place and how it made me feel free..." Hongbin confessed.

I had this feeling that he was trying to give me a hint to something.

"To be very honest, you are really not the typical rich girls I see in school. You're humble, you're beautiful, and you're special to me..." Hongbin said.

"Hongbin..." I murmured as I stared up at him.

Hongbin bent his neck down and kissed my lips.

My cheeks felt warm at first, but suddenly I felt like I was being transported back in time when I was about to take the humanities exam for the first time under his guidance.

"Will you wait for me?" Hongbin asked. 

I thought for a while what Hongbin meant, I realised where he was getting at. 
And then I decided to ask you,

"Will we wait for each other?" I asked.

 

 


Years later, Hongbin finally comes back to Seoul after finishing college in the States.

He comes out to the arrival hall at Incheon airport, he looks down at his watch.

"8am" it stared. 

'There's still time...' Hongbin thought.

He rushed to the taxi stand quickly flag a cab.
As he got on the cab, he quickly texted, "I'm back. Have you waited long?"

 

 

I took a deep breath as I waited behind the dark curtains, waiting for my turn to enter the stage.

Normal students would just go on stage just to receive their graduation certification and leave. For me, it's a little different - other than receiving a piece of paper that officially marks my completion of my education, I also have to give a speech, as the top student in my cohort.

It's hard for me to be able to get to where I am. But really... I gotta thank Hongbin again for helping me once again.
He was so generous to be able to give me tuition again during his breaks from attachments.

As I left backstage and entered the stage to deliver my closing speech for the ceremony, I see him standing there. The same brunette boy that loved me and cared for me.

"He may not be the wealthiest in high school, but he sure has the talent to teach. I wouldn't have been standing here, if it weren't for his efforts to bring my confidence up." I said those words, and I stared at him again in the audience.

"Thank you" I ended my speech and everyone in the audience clapped.
I see Hongbin in the audience and had that expression again.

That expression that he always give me when he's satisfied with my quiz results.

 

 

"So your parents bought this restaurant for the day?" Hongbin asked as he plopped a piece of steak into his mouth. We were just having a celebratory dinner in a restaurant, just the two of us in one empty restaurant.

"You can say that..." I smiled at him. 

"Candle lit dinner eh?" Hongbin smiled as he stared at the candles that were displayed on the table.

"It was my mother's idea... She already accepts you as my boyfriend cos she loves you." I laughed.

"Why?" Hongbin blushed.

"She told me this after graduation: There's this boy in the audience that is really handsome... And I told her, you mean Hongbin? And she was all googoogaga over you." 

"Haha, that's something new I heard about your parents..." Hongbin said.

"I rarely see my mother like this, so she must really love you." I laughed.

Hongbin smiled to himself as he kept quiet.
There was an awkward silence between the two of us for a lengthy amount of time, and we just continue eating our steak.

Hongbin finished his steak and he gently wiped his mouth with the napkins.

"Uhm... Hyunmi?" Hongbin muttered.

"Yes?" I responded.

"I know this is really random... but..." Hongbin stood up, digging into his pocket for something.
He then fished out a tiny box from his pocket.


I was puzzled at first why Hongbin sounded so nervous and hesitant. But all my doubts has been thrown aside when Hongbin knelt down and opened the box, revealing a ring in it. And he said, "Will you marry me?" 

All of a sudden, I felt myself being transported back in time again. All those memories that we had together all seem to flash by my mind and it made me cry tears of joy.


"Why are you crying?" Hongbin got up from his kneeling position and he embraced me.

"I'm just too happy..." I croaked.

"Silly girl... if you're happy, you shouldn't cry..." Hongbin kissed my forehead.

"Yes, Hongbin..." I cried. "My answer is a yes..." I wiped my tears away and smiled.

"Really?!" Hongbin took me up in the air in his arms and he twirled me around.
After spinning, our lips met again, marking the start of this special relationship.

 

 

 

==========

Alas, the long awaited epilogue XD

Hope you enjoyed this fic! ^^

 

Thank you everyone for subscribing and commenting! They are greatly appreciated and it makes me very happy!

Thank you! ^^

 

---Tumblr

---Masterlist

---Request for story!