The Princess and the Nerd

The Princess and the Nerd

Many... I mean everybody in the school, knows that I'm the richest girl in the school. I mean, my father owns the Lotte Franchise, while my mother is a famous defence attorney. And me? I'm currently studying the top elite school in South Korea. How does that sound? I believed to be every boy's dream girl, because I'm rich and beautiful, a girl with the perfect qualities that every boy would dream of.

Pfft. As if I don't know about this, the boys in the school try to woo me with fancy gifts and cheesy pickup lines which bored me to death. I needed no more than just gifts and pickup lines.

 

But, there is this boy in the school that really attracted my attention. Who is he? He's known as the smartest and most intelligent student in the school, Lee Hongbin.

What made him so attractive to me? Well... He has got the looks that a girl like me would want. A boy with perfect facial features, as if they were as perfect like dolls. Also... He's smart and I approached him a few times to do project work together sometimes.

 

"You do the statistics, I'll sponsor the rides and materials!" I remembered saying that a lot during project work meetings. I mean, a rich girl who is selfish is just the most terrible thing ever. I would rather be a person who is rich and kind-hearted at the same time.

 

"Well... That's it for the project!" I said to Hongbin as my chauffeur drove the car, reaching his home.

"Hey Hyunmi, thanks for the ride!" Hongbin said. "You're way too kind and polite..."

"Well that's what friends and project mates are for, right?" I said.

Hongbin was about to shut the car door close, when he stopped and opened it again.

"Hey Hyunmi... I heard you failed the humanities quiz..." Hongbin said, concerned.

 

Yes, I may be rich, but I may not be the smartest at certain subjects...

 

"Would you like me to tutor you?" Hongbin offered. "In preparation of the humanities exam paper coming up next month... I mean, if you fail, you may not get promoted to the next year..."

And that will be bad news for me cos I won't be promoted, which would mean I won't be able to see him again....

Wait, what am I saying? So what if I can’t see him next year... I will continue to fail all my subjects and I will be a disgrace to my family.

No, that must not happen!

 

"I would love to... I don't wanna fail humanities..." I pouted. "I'll pay you, just like taking a part time job..."

What? He's doing me a favour, and I gotta return it, right?

 

"I don't think that's necessary, thanks though..." Hongbin smiled, and he shut the car door closed.

 

"Is he your boyfriend?" My chauffeur asked.

"No... He’s just my classmate..." I denied.

"You sound like you're into this guy..." he said.

"Aish! Shut up and drive!" I shouted, before slamming my body against the car seat.

 

 

On the first day of tuition, Hongbin was a pretty scary....I would say...

I mean, he's scary... Like...

 

"How could you be so careless and make such a stupid mistake?!" Hongbin threw his pencil on the table as he reprimanded me, for failing a pop quiz he gave me. "Think Hyunmi, think! Don't be such a blondie, please..."

I lowered my head in disappointed, because I knew I have tried but I just couldn't do it.

Hongbin took of his glasses and stared at my face.

"Are you crying...?" He asked.

"No..." I lied, wiping the tears the dripped down my rosy cheeks.

"I was a little too harsh huh...?" He softened.

"I'm sorry... It's not you... It's me, I'm dumb, alright...?" I started to sob really hard, become the sob turns into crying wails.

"There there... it's alright... It's not too late..." Hongbin said. He moved closer to me and he lifted my face up with his delicate fingers.

I stared into his eyes, he had a very warm and friendly pair of eyes. No wonder I am so into him... The more I stare at him, the less I feel depressed and I started to lighten up.

 

"Don't cry alright..." those words warmed my heart, stopping it from losing hope on humanities.”I believe that you have the potential to do well..."

 

 

I made my decision to continue on and not give up.

 

 

Day and night, I studied hard, I even had to give up on my daily facial treatment and massages to focus on my studying.

I had been meeting Hongbin more often because of this, because he was concerned for my studies and he was constantly tutoring me and helping me clarify some concepts.

 

 

"Had you been studying these few days...?" Hongbin asked as he was marking my recent pop quiz he gave me again.

"Uhm... Somewhat...?" I stuttered. Actually, I studied a whole lot.

"Well, what do you know?" Hongbin smiled and he handed me the pop quiz. It showed a 75/100, marked in red pen.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I felt happy, but also disappointed with myself. I studied so hard but yet to only get 75 marks.

I lowered my head in sadness and apologised, "I will try harder for the next quiz..."

"No... You did great...” Hongbin said. “It was a great improvement from before! I faith that, with more consideration and care, you’ll score an A for the exams!”

“You really think so...?” I asked.

“I am sure you can...” Hongbin smiled. “Alright, as a reward, you’ll get the entire day off for yourself...” he stood up and was about to leave.

 

“Wait Hongbin... oppa!” I blurted.

Hongbin turned around in response to his name.

“Come! Follow me!” I shouted.

 

And so... I brought him to one of my father’s water park that was situated behind my mansion. And we went for a swim together.

I came out of the bathroom with my bikini on and I saw Hongbin just swimming freely in the swimming pool. That was when I saw his body, those muscles and his abs... I felt like I really wanted to get close with him. But I should restrain myself.

“Why are you standing there? Jump in already!” Hongbin asked as he waddled in the water.

I smiled before I ran and jumped into the water to swim together with Hongbin.

At that time, I really felt like I am different person. It felt that I have found the happiness that one is suppose to have: which is to spend time with someone you love. I felt free and careless, and I didn’t want this to end. That was when I know, I am in love with Hongbin and I didn’t want to let go of him.

 

Days passed ever since the day at the water park and it was time for the humanities exams. I was walking back and forth outside the examination hall. What happened? Well...

“My mind is completely blank! What do I do?” I shouted.

Well, I get memory blockages when I am nervous and scared.

That was when Hongbin saw me and he approached me.

“Hongbin oppa... I am scared that I’ll fail... Now I can’t remember anything!” I cried.

“You need to stay calm... Remember what I have told you before. Once you have a clear mind, you’ll be able to do well...”

“How do I calm down now?! I can’t remember an...” I was cut off short when Hongbin came in and kissed my forehead.

“Here... Better now?” Hongbin asked with a smile. My other classmates couldn’t stop gossiping and staring at the two of us. Now look what he had done...

I nodded gently as I started to calm down and all the information started to come back to me.

As the doors to the examination hall opened, I entered the hall confidently, believing in myself that I will do fine in the exams.

 

 

Months later the results of the humanities exams had been revealed, everyone in our cohort gathered around the notice board to see how much was their score.

I stood in front of the notice board, just staring at the score of my exam: 98/100.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, I wanted to look for Hongbin to share the great news.

But then he was nowhere near the notice board to be seen. I looked around the school to look for him. Then, I saw him standing outside the general office, looking a little down.

I didn’t get why he was feeling so downcast, because I was very sure I saw that he scored 100/100 for his humanities exam, which confirms his place in promotions.

“Hey Hyunmi... How are your marks?” Hongbin pulled off a smile as he asked.

“Why do you look so down...? Something wrong with your marks? Did the principal think that you were cheating in the exams...?” I assumed many situations of why he looked so depressed.

“Well... My parents used my marks for my exams... To transfer me into a school in America.” Hongbin finally revealed.

My heart felt like it skipped multiple beats. After working so hard, just to be with Hongbin in the next year of promotions, he is going to leave...

 

“I’m sorry...” Hongbin apologised. “At least you get promoted, which I am glad...”

“So you will be moving to America?” I asked.

“I suppose so...” Hongbin pouted.

“But I am sure we can still keep in touch?” I asked. “When I go to America, I promise that I’ll visit you...”

“I don’t think visiting me would be the problem... You have the money... Right?” Hongbin laughed. “Anyways, I am glad that you will be promoting and you scored well... I am proud of you.”

 

Well... I am deeply heartbroken though. After working so hard just trying to get promoted to be with Hongbin, he ends up transferring to another school... in America.

Ever since Hongbin kissed me outside the examination hall, everyone started to gossip about our relationship. And now that he left, more boys have started to woo me again, which bored me.

“Do you need me to tutor you...?” A boy from my new class asked me.

“No.” I said bluntly.

“Are you sure?” He started to come closer to me.

“No! And get lost!” I swung my arm and hit him, until he stood far, far away from me.

I felt so lonely ever since Hongbin left the school, I sat alone in class talking to my usual friends. But it feels different now that I don’t have anything to talk about now. I remember how I used to gossip about Hongbin with my friends and they’ll love to see me together with him someday. But that would not happen for the time being.

That was when I felt my phone vibrate. I received a notification from my email. It was from Hongbin.

“How’s your first day of school? :)”

I smiled at the fact that he even knows when I start school. I quickly typed out a reply to the email with my phone.

“Great as ever. ^^”

I paused. I wanted to tell him how I feel but... I ended up typing...

“I miss you.”

 

 

========================

Happy New Year everybody~ <3

I hope you enjoyed this fluff fic! ^^ Again, I am really bad at writing fluff OTL 

But thank you for reading~ :) Please do subscribe and leave a comment! ^^

 

 

Hint hint: I may be doing an epilogue for this so do watch out for this!

---Tumblr

---Masterlist

---Request for story!