That Night

Wolf Moon High

5 years old

 

Kyungsoo ran round the house his appa chasing him with a big smile on his face. It was like any other day in the D.O house his eomma and appa having fun with little kyungsoo.

 

"Umma! Appa! Can I come with you to see the lake? Please! Please!" kyungsoo begged big doe eyes pleading.

 

"Well he’s old enough now isn’t he?" His appa grinned looking to his wife.

 

“I do believe he is.” His umma smiled as she made pancakes for their breakfast, "Now kyung dear. Go get dressed for school." Little kyungsoo busting up the stairs to do as he was told.

 

After school

 

"Umma I had so much fun today!!!"kyungsoo said jumping up and down wide eyes sparkling in delight, as he explained everything they did that day. Pretty soon it was night the full moon lighting the ground outside the home gently.

 

"Go grab a coat It’s cold tonight." Appa told his son as he grabbed his coat. Kyungsoo grabbed his favorite jacket the design was a kpop bands logo. Kyungsoo love the band, SHInee as they were called, so much he loved to sit in his room and sing along with their songs. Once appa, umma, and kyungsoo went into the forest kyungsoo ran ahead after a bit. While a while of walking kyungsoo started hearing growls to his left, looking he saw big deep red eyes. Kyungsoo was set to scream but the wolf was faster it sparang at his umma and appa though his appa was quick to pull them out of the way. Both looking startled though quickly ran ahead grabbing kyungsoo, but the wolf grabbed his appa’s leg. Making the man cry out in pain landing on his face, though hurt he still fought to protect his family. The eomma continued running holding the crying kyungsoo in a strong grip muttering to herself quietly.

 

She ran back to their house, tears streaming down her face knowing her husband was dead. Kyungsoo clung to her sobbing into her chest as she opened the front door, closing it slamming the lock into place.

 

“Kyungsoo love I need to set you down. Eomma has to call the police.” She whispered to her son as he only clung tighter to her. Managing to place her son on the ground she grabbed her phone from the counter where she left it. She quickly dialed 911 and was talking quickly to the operator, kyungsoo never leaving her side. Until the sound of glass breaking alerted them of someone in the home. Mrs. D.O quickly grabbed her son flying up the stairs as the person ran after them, she made it to her room slamming the door closed. Locking it as well putting kyungsoo into the closet hoping to save her son. Somewhere in the mess she lost her phone, now she was alone as the person beat the door.

 

“Go away you can’t mark him!” She cried out to the person tears falling all over again, desperate to find some sort of weapon. Though she couldn’t find one in time as the door finally gave way, with a whine from the wood. There stood the same wolf that had taken out Mr. D.O canines sharp and bloody, the deep red eyes fixed on Mrs. D.O as if hungry. With a loud growl the wolf attacked the woman, sending her down screaming until her last breath.

 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes tightly wishing it was all a dream, and he was going to wake up any minute. The wolf found the defenceless boy quickly opening the closet with it’s snout, kyungsoo curled near the back covered by a few shirts. Seeing the wolf up close made kyungsoo give out a loud screech, it was cut off by a bite to his neck. Soon after the wolf let his neck go, kyungsoo out the bite on his neck healing almost instantly. When he woke up the next morning he noted his senses were a lot stronger than before.

 

First Chapter done! <3