Misunderstood MP3

Misunderstood MP3

This one ended up taking a while to write XD Anyways I hope you all like it ^^


“Sunday morning, rain is falling, steal some covers share some skin~” a voice sang from the living room. With a moan you climbed out of bed. As your feet hit the ground you shivered and wrapped a blanket around your body. Shuffling slowly you headed out to see who was singing.

“But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do! I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew!” a new voice sang.

“What are you guys doing...” You mumbled as you slowly walked into the living room. Sitting on the couch you saw your brother, Lay and your friends Chen, D.O. and Baekhyun.

“Hey little missy!” Chen smiled, patting your head. Ducking you retorted.

“I’m only one year younger than you!”  As the guys laughed you headed towards the kitchen “What do you guys want for breakfast?” you called out.

“Bacon and eggs!” Baekhyun called out.

“And orange juice~” Chen chimed in. Nodding you continued into the kitchen as they started to sing again. It’s been three years since thee five of you began sharing the big apartment, since they were your childhood friends (exception of your brother Lay) everything was fine. Looking across the counted you laughed as your brother opened his mouth to sing, but stopped as he forgot the words. As the three other boys burst out laughing, you let your gaze fall on Chen as the boy cutely laughed. You have had a crush on Chen for years, by now you were positive you were in love. Everything about Chen was absolutely perfect. From the way he stuck out his tongue when he laughed, to the way his voice could mesmerize you. Turning back to the stove, you started making the eggs and bacon sticking a piece of bacon in your mouth, you continued to cook, leaving the piece of meat hanging from your mouth.

“_________~”Baekhyuns voice e was heard from behind you. Feeling your room mates arms wrap around you, you turned to face your friend.

“Byun Baekhyun I’m cooking” you mumbled around the piece of bacon. With a smirk, Baekhyun broke of the remaining bit of bacon and popped it into his mouth.

“Mmmm bacon” he moaned. Laughing you handed Baekhyun the plate of eggs.

“Bring this to the table please.” Baekhyun pouted.

“Why can’t I bring the bacon!?” he whined. With a smile you nudged the complaining boy, as you walked to the table with the plate of bacon.

“Breakfast!” you called out. Soon the other 3 boys, including your brother ran to the table.

“Foood!” Chen cheered, as he reached for the bacon, Baekhyun slapped his hand away. Grabbing the plate Baekhyun growled (heheh growl)

“By bacon.” Chen looked at you, as he begged for help. Sticking out your tongue, you looked away trying to not fall for his begging eyes. Looking away in embarrassment, you mumbled to Baekhyun.

“Give him some bacon.”

“I dowanna” the boy whined. Glancing back to Chen, you felt your face heat up as the boy continued looking at you with those eyes.

“Byun Baekhyun, hand the boy his bacon” you begged. Meeting Baekhyuns eyes, your friend knew you couldn’t handle anymore of Chens pleading.

“Fine” he grumbled, handing the plate to Chen.

“Yay~!” Chen cheered. You smiled and laughed, hearing your phone ring, you checked it to see that you received a text from Luhan.

“Oh, I have to go.” You stood up from the table and walked to the door. Lay stopped you, handing you your jacket and keys.

“Singing?” he whispered. You nodded.

“Meeting him at the studio, this should be the last one or so.” Luhan was a boy you met last year. After hearing him sing, you begged him to help you improve your singing and write a song.

“Okay but Chen is getting suspicious” you giggled, you knew you could trust your brother with all your secrets.

“I’m almost done, I just need a little more time.” Giving Lay a hug, you grabbed your keys and left the apartment. Turning back to the table, D.O. and Baekhyun met Lays eyes with knowing looks.

“Where did she go?” Chen questioned.

“She went to meet L- a friend” Lay replied, quickly remembering not mention Luhan to Chen. The boy narrowed his eyes.

“Okay then...” He muttered before grabbing a piece of bacon.


 

Walking into the studio, you closed the door quietly, hearing Luhan singing. “We sailed on together, we drifted apart, and here you are by my side. So now I come to you with open arms-“

“Nothing to hide, believe what I say~” you joined in, startling your friend.

“Goodness, you scared me” Luhan jumped, his hand to his chest as if he were calming his heart.

“Nice singing” you commented.

“Thanks, anyways were just about done the song, we just need to record it and were done” Luhan guestured to the recording studio. Clapping your hands excitedly, you quickly walked into the studio. Closing the door behind you, you stood in front of the microphone. Putting the headphones on, you let your eyes close as the music flowed into your ears. As you sang you imagined Chen in your mind. While you sang, you smiled as you imagined Chens smiling face, his adorable laugh, everything you feel about him you poured into your voice. Finally the some came to an end and you sighed nervously. Exiting the recording room, you hugged Luhan.

“I’m so nervous about this” you grumbled.

“Why? I’m sure he’ll love it” Luhan encouraged, handed you a small MP3 player, the only thing on it was the recording you just did.

“Yeah I hope... The only thing is... Will he accept my feelings” Luhan chuckled, patting your head.

“I guess we’ll have to find out. Want to go to the coffee shop?” he questioned.

“Yeah, I’m hungry” you remembered the breakfast events and all the aegyo Chen ended up using against you. Feeling your face begin to heat up, you quickly tried to push the thoughts of the boy out of your mind.

“Thinking of him?” Luhan teased. Shaking your head, you rushed into the empty coffee shop.

“Xiumin oppa! Help me” you begged the owner of the coffee shop.

“Lu teasing you again?” Xiumin laughed. Pouting you grumbled to yourself. Suddenly you heard the bell ring, signaling someone entered the shop. Knowing it was Luhan, you squealed and quickly climbed over the counted to hide behind Xiumin.

“Hey Baozi” Luhan greeted his friend casually.

“What brings you to my lovely coffee shop?” Xiumin questioned, a hint of laughter in his voice. With a sigh of frustration, you tickled Xiumins side, in efforts to get the boy to help you.

“I’m here to pick up my girl” Luhan joked. Taking it seriously, you came out from hiding and ran out to stand in front of Luhan.

“I am not!” you yelled. Smirking, Luhan grabbed you in his arms and spun around. When he placed you back down you laughed and ruffled his hair.

“__________?” you heard a familiar voice speak, you felt your heart stop. Turning to face the door you saw Chen and D.O. standing there, a confused and hurt look on Chens face.

“Chen oppa! D.O. , hi!” you quickly spoke, nervous at the sight of the boy. Luhan patted your head in reassurance before turning to face the boys.

“Nice to meet you. _________ has told me so much about you two.” Luhan kindly greeted, extending his hand. Chen narrowed his eyes.

“Has she now?” he spoke, his voice cold as ice. D.O. ignored Chen and shook Luhans hand.

“Nice to finally meet you too Luhan, ________ has told me about you as well”

“Woa, woa, wait.” Chen demanded, turning his gaze to you. “You’ve told them about Luhan but not me?”

“Chen, that’s not important” D.O. hissed.

“To me it is!” Chen shouted. Feeling yourself being pushed forward, you looked back to see Xiumin smile encouragingly before pointing to the device in your hand. Quickly stepping towards Chen you extended you hand, holding out the MP3 player.

“O-oppa, I want you to listen to this please.” You asked softly. When Chen looked into your eyes you felt taken aback. The normal joy and kindness was replaced by a blank stare. “Chen?” you nervously said when the boy made no more to take the MP3 from your hand.

“Why would I want that.” He dully spoke. “It’s probably filled with useless junk” at this point you felt like crying.

“Chen!” D.O. exclaimed, stepping forward to confront the boy.

“It’s okay oppa.” You told D.O. . Turning to Luhan, you handed him the MP3, a stray tear falling down your face.

“_______....” Luhan whispered sadly. Before anyone else could see you start to cry, you quickly pushed past D.O. and out the door.

 Once you had exited the coffee shop it was dead silent.

“________....” Xiumin spoke sadly, as if he could call you back. Luhan turned to Chen.

“What was that about?!” he shouted. Chen turned his gaze to the angry boy.

“No the thing is who are you and how do you and ________ know each other? Is there something going on between you two?!” Chen demanded.

“What?! No!” Luhan shouted.

“Chen listen...” D.O. tried to reason but got ignored.

“Then why are you and ______ always together?”

“What makes you think that?” Luhan questioned.

“You’re the one she’s always out with am I right? Chen accused. When Luhan hesitated, Chen smirked in satisfaction.

“At least listen to the MP3” Xiumin muttered.

“Why would I?” Chen retorted.
“Because _______ wrote and recorded as song for you and that MP3!” D.O. snapped. Chen turned to D.O., eyes widened in surprise because the boy was never one to get made. “She worked so hard on this song! All her feelings about you have been poured into that song.” D.O. took the MP3 from Luhan and placed it in Chen’s hand. “Listen to it” and with that, he walked out of the coffee shop.

“_______..” Chen whispered, looking down at the MP3 in his hands.

“You’re an idiot.” Luhan spoke flatly. “You have no idea how much she cares for you, and I can see you love her too.” Luhans words stuck in Chens mind as he left the coffee shop and went to the park across the street.

Taking his ear buds out of his pocket, Chen plugged them into the MP3 and turned it on. His eyes widened in surprise at the one song that was on the MP3:

To: Chen

Slowly, Chen pressed the play button and closed his eyes as the music flowed into his ears. I do believe all the love I have, for all of the things you do. Love you, love you, I want you to know that I’m with you. I will love you and love you and love you.

As the song eventually came to an end, Chen was about to take his ear buds out when your voice was heard on the recording.

“Hi oppa!” your cheerful voice spoke, causing Chen to smile sadly. “I hope you liked the song!” you paused for a few seconds before your voice was heard again, this time you sounded nervous. “Chen oppa… I wanted to tell you... I like you a lot... Ah no no eh- it’s more like I love you...” Chen’s eyes widened in shock and he squeezed the MP3 in his hand. “I know you probably like someone else, but I want you to know that I love you so much words can’t explain... Heh I remember when I first heard you sing it was amazing... I love everything about you oppa, your voice, your smile, the way you laugh. I love you so much oppa and... I just wanted you to know that…. Saranghaeyo” with that the recording shut off.

“________....” Chen spoke sadly. Tucking the MP3 into his pocket, Chen headed home, hoping to find you there

 

“Oppa I’m fine.” You told D.O. who looked at you with concerned eyes.

“But he-“

“I said I’m fine” you smiled at your friend. Looking past D.O. you spotted Baekhyun pacing back and forth. “Baekhyun oppa…” you whined, the boy looked up at you.”Why don’t you go take a walk?” you suggested.

“No I got to talk to Chen” Baekhyun explained.

“Baek...” Lay cut in as he walked into the room. “How about the three of us go talk a walk and give her some space.” Looking back at you, Lay gave you a hug before guiding D.O. and Baekhyun out the door. Letting out a sigh, you sat on the couch ad looked out the window.

“Love you, Love you” you sang softly, as you thought of Chen. ‘Even if he doesn’t like me back I’m fine…. I’m happy if he at least listens to it’ you thought to yourself as you fell asleep.


30 min later:


Chen entered the apartment silently, hoping you would be there. Walking into the living room, Chen spotted your sleeping form on the couch. Noticing you shiver, the boy placed a blanket over. Sitting down next to you, Chen heard you mumble in your sleep. Chuckling lightly, Chen brushed the hair away from your face. Feeling his fingers touch you, you woke up. Noticing Chen next to you, you jumped to your feet.

“Oppa!” you exclaimed.

“_______.” Chen moved back nervously. Without a second thought, you quickly walked around him and hurried down the hall to where all your bedrooms were.

“Sorry if I disturbed you” you stuttered.

“Wait ______!” Chen called out to you. Not looking back you reached for your doorknob. Before you could open your door, Chen spun you around and trapped you against the door, his arms on either side of your head. “J-just let me talk to you, please” Chen begged. For a moment everything was silent, the only thing you could hear was his heavy breathing.

“I-I don’t think there’s anything you can say” you whispered.

“______.. Look at me” Chen softly ordered. Slowly you looked up at the man you’ve loved most of your life. Looking into his eyes you shocked to see them filled with love and passion

“Oppa-“you started to speak, but was cut off as Chens lips came down over yours. For a few seconds you were stunned. Does he feel the same way? You wondered as your eyes fluttered closed and you leaned into the kiss. Finally the two of you parted and without a second thought, Chen started speaking.

“You’re right. There is nothing I can say” his first words made your heart drop. “There’s nothing I can say because no words can describe how I feel about you ______. I- I’m really sorry how I acted earlier but I thought I had lost my chance to be with you, to love you. Please give me another chance...” Chen bowed his head, nervous about what your answer would be.

“Pabo...” you whispered. Chen looked up at you, feeling confused, but all that vanished when he saw a loving smile on your face. “I’ll never stop loving you.” You confessed. A huge smile appeared on Chens face as he pulled you into a hug. Throwing your arms around his neck, you kissed Chen again.

“I love you” he mumbled between kisses. “I love you so much _______, I love you.” Pulling back from the kiss, you locked eyes with Chen and smiled.

“Saranghaeyo” you whispered. Chen smiled and kissed your nose cutely.

“Saranghaeyo”


Annnd thats it :) I hope you guys enjoyed reading this :D