final

Favourable

Let’s be honest here. You and I both know they all prefer you than me. Every single one of them. In their eyes, you are the epitome of perfection. Even with those flaws of yours, you scream perfection. It doesn’t even matter if you have a complete family anymore because in the end, it’s not about who has more of this and that than the other. They will still choose you over me.

It’s not about the education we’ve received. To them, they don’t care if I graduated with a master’s degree from a prestigious university like you did. They will just congratulate me with a smile on their face, but they will throw you a grand party. They’re shouting to the world who they favour more. You. In the end, it’s not about who has more knowledge than the other. They’ll still choose you over me.

It’s not even about who has more common sense of society and the world. It’s not about who is more capable, who is more flexible, who is more sensitive. It’s not even about who is more civil. Like I said, in the end, they will still choose you over me.

Why? Because you’re just more amiable than me.

I will always be under your shadow.

It doesn’t even matter about whose personality best matches them. Even if you had the worst attitude in the world, their decisions won’t ever change. They’ll still choose you over me.

Even if you set somebody’s house on fire or committed an illegal crime or disgrace the family’s name and reputation, they won’t change their mind. They will still choose you over me.

Even if we both couldn’t swim and fell in the ocean simultaneously, they will still choose to save you before saving me.

Even if we are both severely ill, they will still choose to cure you before curing me.

Any day. Any time.

They’ll always choose you over me.

I’ll just be hidden behind your shadows again.

Like I always have been.

I don’t get it. What’s so special about you that they can’t see how blind they are? Why can’t they see that I’m just right next to you? I just don’t get it. I’m standing right beside you and they turn a blind eye! I don’t want to stand hide behind the darkness of your shadows any longer. I don’t want to stand behind you anymore, but every single time we’re together, you will always be in front of me. You are always one step ahead of me, even though I am actually two steps ahead of you. I just don’t seem to get it.

Why do they always choose you over me?