...002

Paper Roses

No matter how many times she twisted and turned in her bed, or how many times she sighed and huffed, or even cried and laughed — as crazy as that sounds — Eun Young can never close her eyes and drift off to dreamland. Her mind raced through a million things, her heart beat so loudly the whole world could've heard it! 

Tomorrow would be the day. The day she will break his heart. The day where everything pure and good in her life will crumble and shatter. All because of hatred, loathe and abhorration of a wealthy person towards a low-class human.

How unfair this world is, Eun Young thought. To segregrate humans by social status, to only respect those of high status and spit at those who aren't. To adore those in power and throw mud at those who aren't. How hypocrite humans can be, when their philosophy beliefs contradict their behaviour. Even sadder that they don't know this truth, that they're all hypocrites and liars and arrogant.

She then felt angry towads Kai. How dare he waltzed into her life, wanting to know how to fold paper roses? How dare he flashed those white-teeth smiles and warm chocolate eyes at her that melted her heart? How dare he to hold her so gently and love her so endlessly when she didn't even ask for it? How dare he? 

I'm not a weakling. I am strong. I've gone through hell loads of hardships than the amount of times he actually cook for himself in his entire lifetime! In fact, he only cooks twice in his life; once during camping (in which he failed so miserably teacher Song won't even allow him 2 metres near the cooking spot) and second time was for her on her 20th birthday (in which he burned 4 pieces of pancakes, almost broke her juicer in an attempt to make her a watermelon juice and actually broke her mother's favourite porcelain plate which he apologized a gazillion times for).

Those were the good times. In fact, almost every moment with him were great; he made sure she understands that she's his only girl and that she is loved by him and no one else matters. It was great and awesome, almost fairy-tale like but life isn't all pink and unicorn and magical. Life can be dirty and unfair and sick. Great things don't last forever. It'll have its downfall sooner or later.

For the both of them, the end of the road is only a few steps away.

and she's never ready to close that distance.

 

 

The silence was heavy with unspoken words and muted disagreements. Never will a person guessed, a family like that, who were all once happy and blissful, would turned out to be sour and bitter to each other. Not even a 'good morning' uttered between them. A mother, a father and a son; united by blood and separated by ideas. The mother, proud and snobbish, the father, strict and distant, the son, well that's a difficult case right there.

You know how they say, "There's always two sides to a coin". Well the same goes when trying to decipher the son's personality.

To a group of people who shares the mother's idea and character, he is rebellious and naive. To those who are the total opposite of the mother, he is accepting and caring. He may not be the kindest, the most understanding or even the most patient, of all people but he is accepting of the world and of people. He accepts the fact that he is the son of an exceptionally wealthy businessman. He is also 100% accepting to the fact that he is bound to a certain etiquette and expectations, that includes in his choice of spouse. Nonetheless, it doesn't mean that he sould surrender to it. He will try to change his so-called stoned fate, because he has the power to lead his life the way he wanted it to be. This is his life and he is a human, with or without the wealth. He's already 24 years old and that is already consdered, if in case anyone miss, as an adult. 

So when his parents disapprove of his choice of wife, he wasn't surprise. He suspected it, expected it actually. But he believed that their love is so strong, it could overcome any challenges and hurdles along the way. Come what may but their love is stronger than any of that. 

So he felt, and still feels, confident about their relationship. There should be no reason for them to break it off just because of his mother's stupid mentality towards less fortunate people. 

If there's one fate that he believed to be rightly stoned and bound to happen is the fact that Kai and Eun Young are forever soulmates and eventually, will get married, have 3 children (because Eun Young only wanted 3 and Kai has promised her that) and, just like soulmates do, grow old and die happily.... together.

 

Nothing could go wrong..... right?

 

 


Hey guys! How long has it been since the first chapter posted? ahahhaha. Initially, I wanted it to be a one-shot, then I got a lot of comments saying it shoule be chaptered. SO..... I decided to do up till 4 chapters.

This second chapter is rather short tho, do forgive me and my writing style has somewhat change....?  But I'll keep it simple.

enough of the rants. BTW the girl in the picture is model Su Hei. I took it from her instagram account so all credits go to her and whoever took that picture. (the link >> https://www.instagram.com/p/fflNuZBNhb/ ). The reason I chose this picture is because you can't see her face. I want you to imagine Eun Young's face, rather than me showing you how I picture Eun Young in my mind, as the author. Although the length of her hair is shown, if you prefer eun Young with a short hair, please do so and forgive me for my choice of picture.

Until the next update (I don't know when is that. College is starting soon! Yikes! but excited as well hehehhe)