Chapter II

The Bond We Share
Jessica’s POV I hate waking up in the morning! Or to be exact, I hate to be forcefully woken up just because I have to work. Don’t judge me. I really love my job. Being involved in the world of fashion had always been my dream since high school. But, I never dreamt to be dragged around every morning by my silly co-worker just because she wanted to come really early and had the chance to see our boss came to the office. Uh. Oh, do I have to introduce my self? Ew, I don’t really feel comfort around new people you know? “Sica, have you finished?” one of the voices which disturbed my beauty sleep since only-God-knows-when asked me from outside of the bathroom. Oh, and she already mentioned my name. You guys are just lucky. “Yeah Yuri. I’m not falling asleep again, okay? So just let me finish my own thing and I’ll be out in 5 minutes,” “Alright, I’ll tell Sooyoung,” Yuri is one of my housemates and so is Sooyoung. The latter even work together with me in the same company. Yeah, she is that co-worker who is having crush on her own boss. And as a good co-worker and a best friend, I have to always support her all out. When I said all out, it meant my sleeping time was included. To be honest, even if I woke up a bit late we would never get late to the office, because for the God’s sake, the office is only 5 minutes by car from our house! And I never got lost on my way to the office! I mean, recently never. Uh, the time I got lost was the time when I felt hungry on the way and I decided to go around looking for something to eat. Since I woke up late and all the home-made breakfast had already been swept away by two food monsters –Sooyoung was one of the two- I had to go to the office by myself while starving. YES, by myself. Not by car or by taxi. In other words, I walked to the office alone. So after I found a nearby fast food restaurant and bought some breakfast menu, I tried to go to the office. But because I had never been around in this neighbor all by myself for a long time, you could say that I forgot the way back. I called Sooyoung and told her my location. She found me in 10 minutes and since that incident, she never let me get to the offce alone because she is afraid that I will get lost again. Pft. “I thought you wouldn’t show up and I had to create any creative reasons for your absence,” Sooyoung sarcastically told me when I got into her car. “Oh come on, Sooyoung-ah. Didn’t you like it when you had to explain to boss about my absence?” She blushed and I smirked. “Uh, shut up woman,” she started the engine and we left the house. “Why don’t you tell him your feeling?” I asked suddenly, made her blushed even more. “You think he will like it? Getting a confession from his worker?” “Why won’t he?” “Well, I don’t have that confidence. He is warm and gentle. Not to mention his amazing facial feature and position at the office. Girls are falling for him,” “And why do you think he is still single?” “He hasn’t found the right one?” “What if you are that right one he had been waiting all the time?” “Don’t get my hope high, woman,” “Hey, I just gave you encouragement!” “Uh well, thank you Miss Jung,” “You are welcome, Miss Choi,” “What about you? You haven’t told that person,” she asked me. “Me? I don’t think I have someone in my heart right now. What do you mean, Sooyoung-ah?” “I don’t mean your crush, Sica. Taeyeon, I refer to her. It’s already three months since that day,” “Oh,” is the only thing escaped my mouth. I don’t walk to talk about this. Not when I have to work and be focused all the day. Understanding what was on my mind, Sooyoung talked again, “Fine, take your time, Sica. We just worried over you two. You know, we will always be beside both of you whenever you need us. And don’t forget, anger doesn’t solve anything, Miss Jung,” ***************************** “.... anger doesn’t solve anything, Miss Jung,” Sooyoung’s word kept repeating over in my mind. This isn’t supposed to be like this. I have to work. I can’t waste my time for something private. But I couldn’t help myself from remembering all those moments. The moment when both of us argued. The moment when we ended up fighting. The moment I accidentally said that hurtful words and made her crying. I know I’m failed as a best friend. I didn’t even tried to apologize the day after that hurtful words escaped. I felt guilty, surely. That was why I couldn’t bring myself to face her, even until three months later. Kim Taeyeon was one of the closest friend I had. We attended the same high school and we had been close friend since then. Before I met the other seven girls, she was the only one I trusted. I didn’t know why. She made me opened up to her since the first day we met. She is even the only student in our school who cared enough to befriend me. Well, I’ve told you it is hard for me to get comfortable around people I don’t really know. But she was exception. She didn’t seem hesitate to approach me, even other students judged me cold, thoughtless, rude, or anything they thought I was. But I ruined everything. I hurted her so terribly. I did something that wasn’t supposed to be done. Then she avoided me. She didn’t try to speak to me since the incident, or didn’t even bother to notice my presence. What more hurting for me is she always smiling around the other girls. She laughed, joked, and talked to them. She smiled to everybody. Yeah, everybody but me. You can’t say that I wasn’t trying all this time. I tried to talk to her only to be ignored. The other girls always told me that Taeyeon needed her own time and I, too, needed time to reflect myself. But even until today, nothing had changed. Taeyeon still be her dorky self around people except me. And since long time ago, I decided to give up and to wait for miracle comes to touch her cold heart. I miss her so much. But I have pride, too. “Spacing out during work isn’t good, Miss Jung,” a voice pushed me back to reality, turned out belonged to the guy of Sooyoung’s dream. “Oh my god, you surprised me, Changmin!” Shim Changmin, the manager of the division I and Sooyoung are in is actually the son of my parents’ friend. That’s why he always asked me to call him by his name instead of boss or anything similar. Even so, we are not so close that I could make him and Sooyoung having a date together. “What are you thinking about, Sica? You look so stressed,” “Oh, nothing important matters, Changmin. By the way, why are you here? Do we have some problem for tomorrow photo shoot?” I asked, worrying about the monthly photo shoot which was scheduled tomorrow. “No. Just want to make sure that you will come with me to check the preparation today,” “Oh well, I will,” “Good to hear. By the way, ask Miss Choi to come, too. I have some matters to discuss,” “Of course. She will be more than glad to come,” I said assuringly. “Hahahaha, what a relief. Then, I have to get back to my room. Don’t be spacing out, okay? Bye, Sica,” he smiled then left my room. I sighed. Tomorrow is supposed to be the usual photo shoot our company does evey month. I have handled hundred of photo shoots during my 3 years career and none of them was failure. But for a particular reason, I couldn’t keep my self calm this time. The reason is because one of my housemates and also my best friend will have a birthday tomorrow and I couldn’t join the celebration because the photoshoot will take the whole day, or even until midnight. Sooyoung doesn’t have to wait until late, because all she needs to do are interviewing the model and turning it into a great article. The case is different for me. I’m in charge of the clothes the model wear and also many others thing about photoshoot. And what stressed me more is the identity of the girl whose birthday tomorrow. It is Taeyeon. Tomorrow is her bithday. *****************************