Chapter I

The Bond We Share
"Wake up you sleepy head!" the voice of two mad women broke the morning's silence as they tried to wake another woman up. The latter didn't seem bothered and continued her deep slumber. "Aish, this girl is seriously...," the darker woman mumbled out her frustration. "Hey Jessica Jung! Wake up now or you'll be late for work again!" said another woman. She was neatly dressed in an office attire and prepared to go for work. "Alright alright. Five more minutes, okay?" the so-called-Jessica-Jung said and rubbed her half-opened eyes but didn't bother to wake up. "Gosh, how could I survive as your co-worker all these two years? Whatever. I'll be waiting in the car and leaving in 15 minutes. Get ready now, or go by yourself!" the woman in attire left her still sleeping co-worker. This almost happened every day. Jessica seemed to love sleeping more than her job. It was tough to make her eyes opened, and even tougher to make her ready for work. "Sooyoung-ah, are you going to leave her again? " the darker woman asked before Sooyoung took her leave to the garage downstairs. "I will if she doesn't come out in 15 minutes, or I'll be late for work 4 days in a row. Yuri, tell her to be hurry. If I leave her she will never get to the office as she will not get up before 12 or she will be lost on the way to the office. Sica, you heard me, didn't you?" "Ummmm" was the only answer Sooyoung got from the sleeping figure. *** Seohyun's pov There's nothing special happened this morning. Sooyoung unnie, as always, tried to wake Sica unnie up and ended up as failure. I will always be around them, watching amusedly as Sooyoung unnie showed her never-ending crazy methods to wake her up. She once throw Sica unnie's sleeping body to the floor and still failed to gain the brunette's consciousness. She even had Sica's unnie arm tied in the upper part of bed and tickled her. But those never worked as good as cucumber did. Well, it's really weird how that sleeping princess could get up rapidly when she smelled cucumber around her but didn't bulge an inch when people threw her away. And today, Sooyoung unnie -and Yuri unnie too- didn't try any weird yet funny methods but just yelled at her. As expected, she didn't even try to sit up. Just like every others day we had lived. Oh, by the way, my name is Seo Juhyun, but people called me Seohyun. I'm now 22 and attending one of the biggest university in Seoul majoring in music performing. I'm originally Busan girl but I chose to live in Seoul, away from my parents, as I have to spend most of my activities in this city. As you may see, I don't leave alone at all. I shared a quite luxury house with my 8 other unnies. Not blood-related, but they are all like family to me. Since I'm the youngest among them, they always take a good care of me. And I'm really grateful that they are given as my sisters since I'm the only child my parents have. Sooyoung unnie and Sica unnie are 25 years old. They are currently working for a famous fashion magazine in Seoul. Sica unnie had been there for 3 years and she is one of the chief editor. Aside of her 'dedication' for sleeping, she is very passionate for her job. She loves fashion and has a great sense in clothing. Just like Sooyoung unnie who worked as a writer for the same company a year later. Both are matching well despite always being involved in many meaningless arguments. "Not going to school, baby?" Taeyeon unnie who just came from her room asked me as she saw me doing nothing but watching Yuri unnie dragged Sica unnie to the bathroom. "No class for today, unnie. Are you going to work?" "Today is night shift. I'm just going to supermarket, we are out of snacks. You want some?" "Sweet potato will do, unnie" I said before she left for shopping. Anyway, Taeyeon unnie is the oldest among us. Well, actually she is only 25. But her birthday is the earliest among 7 others who shared the same year of born. She is a quite famous radio DJ. Her funny and dork personality are mesmerizing. The listeners love her definitely. She shared the same room with Sunny unnie, the one who owns the house we're living in. Sunny unnie is always cheerful, never failed to make people curling up becaue of her aegyo, but naturally a tomboy. She is the daughter of Royal Group's CEO, a big company which manages chain of restaurants and is a biggest chicken exportir of Korea. The others 4 are Yuri unnie, she is a swimming athlete; Tiffany unnie, who was raised in California for 15 years; Hyoyeon unnie, the party-lover who works as librarian in Seoul's National Library (weird, I know); and Yoona unnie, she is just a year apart from me and currently studying in the same university as mine but majoring in law. She works as model ocassionally. Well, if you look at her visual, she really is the definition of gorgeous. Men are lining for her, but a bastard whom she claimed as her first love stopped her to be in relationship again. Love is complicated, I guess. "Jeez, Jessica Jung always created uproar in the morning," Yuri unnie who was just back from the bathroom (probably done forcing Sica unnie to get ready) approached me and took the seat beside me. I laughed at her frustated words. "Hey, you don't have class today?" "No, unnie. I'm just going to watch tv all day long," "What's wrong with you? Don't you like study so much?" she furrowed her eyebrows, confused by my unusual intention. I'm a study-freak. If I don't have any class or piano practice, I'll at least read a self-improvement book. So, watching tv all day long wasn't an answer she expected to hear from me. "Umm, I'm trying a new thing?" "Jeez whatever Seohyun-ah," she laughed hearing my answer. "Hahaha, I just feel like doing it, unnie. How about you? Aren't you having a competition in two months?" "I am. I'm going to train later in the afternoon. Hey, does Yoona not have a class, too?" "She does, unnie. It will end around 4, I think." "What? Aishhh, that girl will break her promise again," she groaned. "What promise?" "Umm yeah, she promised to bring her model friend and introduce him to me," she shyly answered. "But, I guess she can't make it. At least not today. Aaah, I'm so sad," Yuri unnie started to be in dramatic mode. "Oh stop it. Your fellow athletes are hot, too. Don't you even realize that Nickhun boy has his eyes fixed on you?" "Yeah, I know. He is just not my type." Yuri unnie is really attractive. She has that well-shaped body every girls dream of. Even, I have to admit that her attractiveness can affecting woman, too. But she is just too picky. That's why she's never be in a relationship until now. "Every boys are just not your type," I told her sarcastically and she just laughed it off. "Well, I think I should be checking that sleeping freak over there. Sooyoung is already down for quite long time," she was smiled before heading back to the bathroom, checking if Sica unnie has finished her bath. Since everybody usually has routine schedules right from the morning, Yuri unnie is often be the one who forced Sica unnie to leave her slumber. She is an athlete, she doesn't have regular morning activities aside from morning exercise which she already done before 6 in the morning. "Alright, unnie. Good luck with it," I smiled back at her. I drived my attention to the television and grabbed the remote control, changing it to a re-run of Keroro, a cartoon that I love to death. Suddenly my phone was beeping as it receieved a new text. From: Eunji-ah Seohyun-ah, this is urgent. Prof. Park decided to give the test today at 9. Get ready! I'll be there in 10 minutes. We don't have much time! Oh, damn.