FMV I

One-Shot, Two-Shot

Kim Taeyeon didn't like celebrities. She didn't like associating herself to any of them. Be it actors, singers, idols, or even models. She would always make sure her world won't coincide with any person whose life is at the mercy of the public audience.

She doesn't hate them though. In fact, she's a celebrity herself. But she's not one you often see in front of cameras, on televisions, movies, nor would you hear her voice on radios.

Her works have always been on top, the talk of town, a must-see. Whenever she releases something, her work is always the top-searched in every search engine and social medias.

Big agencies and companies are always after her - they all want her for their music videos, commercials, dramas, movies, and even documentaries.

Most up and coming celebrities expressed their desire to work with her. Because maybe - with a little hope in their hearts, maybe Kim Tayeon would make them rise to the top.

Maybe Kim Taeyeon, the country's most in-demand film editor, would make them her next masterpiece - just like what she did with Tiffany Hwang.

=================

*Five years ago*

"Taeyeon-ah, please do this for me? Just this one, I'm begging you. Please, baby?"

Her eyebrows twitched as she looked at her pleading best friend. She stared at her for one full minute and almost threw the pen she's holding - and make sure the other girl is hit straight in the eye - when cute puppy eyes with pouting face was drawn on her friend's face.

"I'll give you anything! I'll even buy you that damn camera you've been wanting since forever if you help me on this one. Please, Taengoo~"

Her best friend continued. Her ears perked up when she heard her friend buying her the camera that she's been eyeing but she doubts her friend would be willing to go that far just so she'd agree to help making a video.

"I don't get it. It's just a fan made video, Yul. Are you sure you'd want to spend that money and buy me a camera? Just for a mere fmv?"

Her head tilted as she looked at her - waiting for an acceptable reason why her best friend is so willing to beg and spend so much money for someone whom she didn't even personally know.

"Yah! Taengoo, it's not just a simple fmv. It's our birthday gift for her!"

Taeyeon frowned, her eyes naturally settled on the external hard drive her friend has brought with her. It contains tons of pictures and videos of a certain idol that the other girl adores.

"Yuri-ah, why? Why me? You're well aware that I'm not interested in idols. Heck, I don't even know any actors nowadays. I'm pretty sure your fan club has enough people who are willing to do that video."

"But I want you to do it! Taengoo, baby hear me on this. This is a very special video that we want to give her. Apart from her birthday, it's also going to be her third year anniversary. We want to give her something special, something movie-like of her life from pre-debut until now. Yes, we have people who are willing to make this but it's just..."

She waited for her to finish as Yuri sighed dramatically while slouching on the couch. She carefully studied her expression. They've known each other since they were in junior high and Yuri has been a wonderful friend. They have so many similarities but the differences between them are just unimaginable that sometimes she thought how they ended up becoming best friends.

One particular difference they have is Yuri's love for idols. Taeyeon, despite her love of music, never had really enjoyed and liked idol-music. She's never a fan of bubble pop or cutesy music. She loves acoustic and ballad while Yuri fell in love with idols.

"Your editing skills are just out of this world. You're amazing, Taeng and I just know that you'll make this video that I have in mind."

Yuri's thoughtful and sincere voice echoed in her head. She looked at her and saw a hopeful and expectant eyes staring back at her.

"But I've never done this."

Her last attempt of turning down her best friend has fallen into deaf ears as Yuri shook her head.

"You made the whole campus go to India after that travelogue you made for your class. Damn, I even thought you were proposing to me when you made that video for my birthday! Do I even need to tell you how fascinating it is to watch that docu you made with the elderlies in Busan?"

Yuri scooted closer to her while babbling about her previous works - mostly for school work. Her friend has always been her number one fan of the videos she made and she would lie if she'd say Yuri didn't inspire her to pursue her love for video editing.

"I promise to quit being a fansite master after this."

Her head quickly snapped and she looked at her best friend. She blinked a few times and for the first time in the last three years, she thought Yuri has gone crazy - again.

"What did you just say?"
"I said I'll stop being her fansite master."

===============

A brand new mirrorless camera is placed carefully on top of her desk, just beside her laptop.

*'I love you, Taengoo! ♥'*

She sighed as she read the sticky note that was probably written hastily. Her hand slowly reached the new device and she smiled when she discovered another note hidden under it.

"There's no turning back, huh?"

She talked to herself as she picked up the new camera. Her mind was still dazed after their conversation last night. She thought agreeing to make that one video would greatly benefit her best friend as it's been her wish for the other girl to put a stop to her unhealthy fan girl lifestyle.

However, after thinking deeply about it once Yuri left her dorm, she thought it's not that good of an idea after all.

Because when she tried to watch a random video clip from Yuri's external hard drive, her heart stopped at the sight of a beautiful eye smile she knows too well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====================♥

Hey guys! :)

Just a random story that pops up my mind earlier. If there's any typo, I apologize. I just wrote this using my phone so.... Sorry :p